Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a p = 1 brane?
(a) A box.
(b) A cone.
(c) A plane.
(d) A string.
2. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Paris and London.
(b) Honolulu and Maui.
(c) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
(d) Berlin and Kohn.
3. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is dependent on motion.
(b) Light is independent of time.
(c) Light is independent of motion.
(d) Light is dependent on time.
4. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) Simmons Seminary.
(b) The Seattle School of Law.
(c) The Federal Polytechnic School.
(d) Technical Teaching School.
5. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
(b) That this implied time was infinite.
(c) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
(d) This this implied time was finite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
2. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
3. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
4. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
5. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)