One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawking say extraterrestrials might be like?
(a) Very primitive or very advanced.
(b) Not very bright.
(c) Easy to get along with.
(d) Like humans.
2. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That particles had a spin property.
(b) That molecules have a spin property.
(c) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(d) That strings have a spin property.
3. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(b) Lucas and Marx.
(c) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
(d) Hawking and Penrose.
4. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) That this implied time was infinite.
(b) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
(c) This this implied time was finite.
(d) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
5. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
(a) That black holes are composed of f-branes.
(b) That black holes are empty.
(c) That black holes are composed of p-branes.
(d) That black holes house new worlds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does time not have apart from the universe?
2. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
3. What do the Schrodinger equations assume?
4. What does time have?
5. What do black holes absorb?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)