|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel believe drives a person's desire for ecstasy?
2. What is the origin of pathos?
3. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
4. How is God's love to man shown?
5. Who said that what a poet writes is beautiful, if it is written with enthusiasm and divine inspiration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss ecstasy and its relation to prophecy. Include a definition of ecstasy, Heschel's view and at least two other viewpoints. *
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three prophets that are not Old Testament prophets. How do they compare/contrast to the Old Testament prophets?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss imagery and its use in the descriptions of the prophecies. Include in your discussion why the prophets used imagery and whether it helps in understanding their prophesy.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)