Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is God's love to man shown?
2. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
3. What are two unique features of a prophet?
4. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
5. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Heschel's theory of pathos. Discuss what Heschel means when he says that the basis for the relationship of God and man is the divine pathos.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship of prophet, priest, and king through history, with emphasis on the period of the Old Testament prophets described in this book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the social issues that the prophets were addressing. What were the issues? Be sure to link specific social issues to specific prophets. What did the prophets have to say about these social issues? Did the prophets address the social issues in the same way?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)