|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did some scholars reject the idea of pathos?
2. What does Heschel say is an end to indifference?
3. From what civilization do we get the legacy that great poetry comes into being through madness?
4. Whose theory said that the prophets were not talking to God but were making judgments about God's desires from the information they had about God?
5. Heschel looks at the theory of ecstasy but limits it to what?
Essay Topic 1
Through their lives and in their prophesies the prophets convey different images or concepts of God. Choose three prophets and compare/contrast their concepts of God.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss nonfiction. Distinguish it from fiction. In your discussion include genres of nonfiction, their purposes, what types were used in this book, were they used well, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following prophets: Amos, Hosea, Isaiah, Micah, Jeremiah, Habakkuk, and Second Isaiah. Discuss the prophet in detail, including who he is, where he came from, what he did, his prophecy, etc.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)