|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what civilization do we get the legacy that great poetry comes into being through madness?
2. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
3. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
4. What prophet did God send to Nineveh?
5. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is prophecy? How do you distinguish prophecy from other forms of speech or from predictions?
Essay Topic 2
Justice was an important theme for the prophets. Define what justice meant to the prophets. Discuss what problems there were with justice. Pick two prophets and explain how they dealt with the issue of justice.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three prophets that are not Old Testament prophets. How do they compare/contrast to the Old Testament prophets?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)