Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is God's love to man shown?
2. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
3. What are two unique features of a prophet?
4. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
5. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss nonfiction. Distinguish it from fiction. In your discussion include genres of nonfiction, their purposes, what types were used in this book, were they used well, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship of prophet, priest, and king through history, with emphasis on the period of the Old Testament prophets described in this book.
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss anthropopathy and anthropomorphism. In your discussion, give examples. What does Heschel say the problem is with anthropopathy?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)