|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is God's love to man shown?
2. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
3. What are two unique features of a prophet?
4. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
5. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least three prophets that are not Old Testament prophets. How do they compare/contrast to the Old Testament prophets?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss prophetic and poetic inspiration. Include information on what different scholars have to say and Heschel's explanation of the difference between inspiration for poetry and inspiration for prophecy.
Essay Topic 3
Justice was an important theme for the prophets. Define what justice meant to the prophets. Discuss what problems there were with justice. Pick two prophets and explain how they dealt with the issue of justice.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)