Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is God's love to man shown?
2. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
3. What are two unique features of a prophet?
4. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
5. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what type of man the prophet is in the Old Testament. Use examples from the prophets discussed the in the book to illustrate your points. Why were they prophets? What was their purpose?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss prophetic and poetic inspiration. Include information on what different scholars have to say and Heschel's explanation of the difference between inspiration for poetry and inspiration for prophecy.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the social issues that the prophets were addressing. What were the issues? Be sure to link specific social issues to specific prophets. What did the prophets have to say about these social issues? Did the prophets address the social issues in the same way?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)