|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking about the inspiration for poetry, who says "One does not ask who gives."
2. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
3. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
4. When did Heschel examine the state of mind of the prophets with respect to the theory of ecstasy?
5. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss nonfiction. Distinguish it from fiction. In your discussion include genres of nonfiction, their purposes, what types were used in this book, were they used well, etc.
Essay Topic 2
From among the following list of prophets, Amos, Hosea, Isaiah, Micah, Jeremiah, Habakkuk, and Second Isaiah. choose the one you consider to be the most important. Discuss why you think he was the most important. In your discussion, include information on the man, the social ills, what he said, and how he said it.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following prophets: Amos, Hosea, Isaiah, Micah, Jeremiah, Habakkuk, and Second Isaiah. Discuss the prophet in detail, including who he is, where he came from, what he did, his prophecy, etc.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)