Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is God's love to man shown?
2. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
3. What are two unique features of a prophet?
4. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
5. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
Discuss the social issues that the prophets were addressing. What were the issues? Be sure to link specific social issues to specific prophets. What did the prophets have to say about these social issues? Did the prophets address the social issues in the same way?
How does Heschel explain God's wrath? How does he answer the objection of those who find it hard to understand how a righteous God can be angry? Is there a difference between anger and wrath, in terms of humans, and/or in terms of God? Should humans look at natural disasters as the wrath of God or as the power of God?
Define and discuss anthropopathy and anthropomorphism. In your discussion, give examples. What does Heschel say the problem is with anthropopathy?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)