|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
2. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
3. What was Micah's message?
4. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
5. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did the prophets feel differently about sin than others?
2. Does Heschel say there is anything that can change God's judgment after the prophets warn the people of destruction?
3. Why does Heschel say that the tone changes toward the people of Israel while Second Isaiah is the prophet?
4. Why can't God be explained, according to Heschel?
5. What did Heschel say about the prophets' popularity?
6. What did Micah say in addition to warning the people about destruction due to their sins?
7. What type of message did Amos bring to the people?
8. How does God answer Habakkuk when he asks him why and how long this will continue?
9. How did Hosea and Amos differ?
10. Why does Heschel think Habakkuk is a tormented man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss ecstasy and its relation to prophecy. Include a definition of ecstasy, Heschel's view and at least two other viewpoints. *
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following prophets: Amos, Hosea, Isaiah, Micah, Jeremiah, Habakkuk, and Second Isaiah. Discuss the prophet in detail, including who he is, where he came from, what he did, his prophecy, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship of prophet, priest, and king through history, with emphasis on the period of the Old Testament prophets described in this book.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)