|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
2. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
3. Who was Mesha?
4. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
5. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way were Jeremiah and Micah the same?
2. Why did the people try to run Amos out of the city of Judah?
3. Why does Jeremiah refer to the people of God as murderers?
4. Who is Second Isaiah?
5. What type of man was a prophet, according to Heschel?
6. What does Heschel say the prophets look toward?
7. Who was Amos?
8. Why was Jeremiah called the prophet of wrath?
9. What does understanding God depend on, according to Heschel?
10. How does Heschel describe the words of prophecy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Justice was an important theme for the prophets. Define what justice meant to the prophets. Discuss what problems there were with justice. Pick two prophets and explain how they dealt with the issue of justice.
Essay Topic 2
What is prophecy? How do you distinguish prophecy from other forms of speech or from predictions?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following prophets: Amos, Hosea, Isaiah, Micah, Jeremiah, and Habakkuk. Compare and contrast them as men and prophets.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)