|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that what a poet writes is beautiful, if it is written with enthusiasm and divine inspiration?
2. One theory for prophets and their inspiration is that they had madness in them that led to what?
(a) A psychic ability.
(b) The desire to be great.
(c) The belief that God talked to them.
(d) The belief that they had a job to do.
3. Who was Marcion?
(a) A Gnostic.
(b) A Greek.
(c) A Jew.
(d) A Christian.
4. Heschel contends that the prophets were in what state of mind when they received God's call?
(a) State of madness.
(b) State of ecstasy.
(c) State of passivity.
(d) State of consciousness and awareness.
5. In ancient times, Israel only knew God as what?
(a) Mysterious and terrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
2. Heschel says that Moses would have taught what kinds of rules of right living to the people?
3. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
4. From the total perspective, what does Heschel say are demands rather than fulfillments?
5. How is God's love to man shown?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)