|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is God's love to man shown?
(a) By being righteous.
(b) By giving us what we want.
(c) By showing us what we should do.
(d) By giving us a connection with God.
2. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
(d) Prophetic religion.
3. What are two unique features of a prophet?
(a) Forgiveness and suppression of emotion.
(b) Prayer and mercy.
(c) Silent subordination and self-love.
(d) Active cooperation and self-dedication to God.
4. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
(c) Mental abnormalities.
(d) Religious fervor.
5. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel contrasts God to other deities, who unlike God, did not have what?
2. One theory for prophets and their inspiration is that they had madness in them that led to what?
3. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
4. In what belief is there no grace or repentance for sin, just cause and effect?
5. When talking about the inspiration for poetry, who says "One does not ask who gives."
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)