|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two unique features of a prophet?
(a) Active cooperation and self-dedication to God.
(b) Prayer and mercy.
(c) Forgiveness and suppression of emotion.
(d) Silent subordination and self-love.
2. In what belief is there no grace or repentance for sin, just cause and effect?
3. Who stated that since the world is so full of filth and sin a just and loving God could not have created it?
4. What attitude does Heschel take to other points of view that he uses in his book?
5. If ecstasy were a requirement for a prophet, which prophets of the Old Testament would not have been classified as prophets?
(a) Micah and Jonah.
(b) Second Isaiah and Habakkuk.
(c) Daniel and Zechariah.
(d) Moses and Isaiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
2. To what does Heschel compare the descriptions of prophecy?
3. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
4. Who was Marcion?
5. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)