|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for Hosea?
2. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
3. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(d) Carpet maker.
4. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
5. What was Micah's message?
(a) Hope and forgiveness.
(b) Love and generosity.
(c) Doom and destruction.
(d) Sweetness and light.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
2. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
3. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
4. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
5. What changed with Second Isaiah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is meant when Samuel says "to obey is better than sacrifice"?
2. How does Heschel describe the words of prophecy?
3. How did Hosea and Amos differ?
4. Who is Second Isaiah?
5. What does Heschel say God's ultimate goal is?
6. What did Micah say in addition to warning the people about destruction due to their sins?
7. Why does Heschel say that the tone changes toward the people of Israel while Second Isaiah is the prophet?
8. Who was Amos?
9. Why can't God be explained, according to Heschel?
10. How does God answer Habakkuk when he asks him why and how long this will continue?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)