|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for Hosea?
2. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
3. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Anger and love.
(b) Good and bad.
(c) Wrath and justice.
(d) Health and sickness.
4. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
5. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
(a) Why do you call me?
(b) What do you want me to do?
(c) How long and why?
(d) Where are you?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
2. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
3. What was Micah's message?
4. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
5. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way were Jeremiah and Micah the same?
2. What did Micah say in addition to warning the people about destruction due to their sins?
3. What does Heschel say the prophets look toward?
4. What was the prophet Micah's concern with the people?
5. What type of message did Amos bring to the people?
6. How does God answer Habakkuk when he asks him why and how long this will continue?
7. Who is Second Isaiah?
8. What did Heschel say about the prophets' popularity?
9. Why did the people try to run Amos out of the city of Judah?
10. Did the prophets see things differently based upon their relationship with God?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)