|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
2. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
3. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(b) Ill health.
(d) Lack of wealth.
4. How does Heschel describe freedom?
(a) As a benefit for humans.
(b) As a gift from God to man.
(c) As a gift from man to God.
(d) As a right of man.
5. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mesha?
2. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
3. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
4. What does understanding God depend on?
5. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way were Jeremiah and Micah the same?
2. Did the prophets feel differently about sin than others?
3. What was the prophet Micah's concern with the people?
4. Why does Jeremiah refer to the people of God as murderers?
5. How does Heschel describe the words of prophecy?
6. Did the people listen to the prophet Isaiah?
7. How does God answer Habakkuk when he asks him why and how long this will continue?
8. What does Heschel say the prophets look toward?
9. Why does Heschel think Habakkuk is a tormented man?
10. Did the prophets see things differently based upon their relationship with God?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)