|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
2. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) The land.
(b) The covenant.
(c) The temple in Jerusalem.
(d) His people.
3. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The king.
(b) The situation.
(c) The people.
(d) The weather.
4. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
(a) Because he abandoned the Babylonians.
(b) Because of his prophesies.
(c) Because he spoke out against the king.
(d) Because he abandoned the Assyrians.
5. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
2. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
3. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
4. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
5. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the prophet Micah's concern with the people?
2. What is meant when Samuel says "to obey is better than sacrifice"?
3. Why did history cause a need for prophets?
4. What does Heschel say the prophets look toward?
5. How does God answer Habakkuk when he asks him why and how long this will continue?
6. What did Micah say in addition to warning the people about destruction due to their sins?
7. Did the prophets see things differently based upon their relationship with God?
8. Who was Amos?
9. Who is Second Isaiah?
10. How did Hosea and Amos differ?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)