|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
(a) Filled with repentance.
(b) Filled with doom and hope.
(c) Filled with tears and joy.
(d) Filled with death and destruction.
2. What was another name for Hosea?
3. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
(a) The king.
(b) His son.
(c) The prophet Amos.
(d) His wife.
4. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of destruction.
(b) Promise of future wealth.
(c) Promise of redemption.
(d) Promise of love.
5. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
(a) A relationship.
(b) An understanding.
(c) An experience of him.
(d) An obedience.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
2. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
3. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
4. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
5. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the people try to run Amos out of the city of Judah?
2. Why does Jeremiah refer to the people of God as murderers?
3. What type of message did Amos bring to the people?
4. Why does Heschel think Habakkuk is a tormented man?
5. In what way were Jeremiah and Micah the same?
6. How does Heschel describe the words of prophecy?
7. Who is Second Isaiah?
8. What was the prophet Micah's concern with the people?
9. What does Heschel say the prophets look toward?
10. How did Hosea and Amos differ?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)