|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Hosea have?
2. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
(a) Honor them as well.
(b) Honor their fathers and mothers.
(c) Build them a nation.
(d) Bring them to humility and dishonor.
3. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(a) Intolerant of injustice.
4. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To show continuity.
(b) To provide background.
(c) To prove his point.
(d) To prove he knows about the Bible.
5. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
2. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
3. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
4. What was Micah's message?
5. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Heschel say there is anything that can change God's judgment after the prophets warn the people of destruction?
2. What type of man was a prophet, according to Heschel?
3. What does Heschel say God's ultimate goal is?
4. How does God answer Habakkuk when he asks him why and how long this will continue?
5. What type of message did Amos bring to the people?
6. What is meant when Samuel says "to obey is better than sacrifice"?
7. Why does Jeremiah refer to the people of God as murderers?
8. What was the prophet Micah's concern with the people?
9. What did Micah say in addition to warning the people about destruction due to their sins?
10. Why did the people try to run Amos out of the city of Judah?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)