|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
(a) Way of showing remorse.
(b) Way of worship.
(c) Way of honoring their dead families.
(d) Way of showing how much they owned.
2. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
3. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
4. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The expectancy of behavior.
(b) The mood.
(c) The tone.
(d) The attitude.
5. Amos began with a message of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
2. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
3. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
4. What changed with Second Isaiah?
5. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is meant when Samuel says "to obey is better than sacrifice"?
2. Who was Amos?
3. Did the prophets see things differently based upon their relationship with God?
4. What does Heschel say the prophets look toward?
5. Does Heschel say there is anything that can change God's judgment after the prophets warn the people of destruction?
6. What does Heschel say God's ultimate goal is?
7. What type of man was a prophet, according to Heschel?
8. What does understanding God depend on, according to Heschel?
9. How did Hosea and Amos differ?
10. In what way were Jeremiah and Micah the same?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)