|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
(a) Greek gods.
2. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(b) The covenant.
(d) The promise.
3. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(a) Intolerant of injustice.
4. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) Longer than Jeremiah.
(b) A few chapters.
(c) Longest book of "The Prophets".
(d) 10 chapters.
5. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In totality.
(b) In absolutes.
(c) In vague notions.
(d) In variables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel quotes Samuel to show that what was better than sacrifice?
2. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
3. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
4. How many children did Hosea have?
5. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hosea and Amos differ?
2. Why does Heschel say that the tone changes toward the people of Israel while Second Isaiah is the prophet?
3. What was the prophet Micah's concern with the people?
4. Why was Jeremiah called the prophet of wrath?
5. What does understanding God depend on, according to Heschel?
6. What type of man was a prophet, according to Heschel?
7. Did the prophets feel differently about sin than others?
8. What is meant when Samuel says "to obey is better than sacrifice"?
9. Why did history cause a need for prophets?
10. What did Heschel say about the prophets' popularity?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)