|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does understanding God depend on?
(c) A person's obedience to God's will.
(d) A person's relationship with God.
2. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Protestant Bible.
(b) The Hebrew Bible.
(c) The Jerusalem Bible.
(d) The Catholic Bible.
3. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
(a) It is destroying the covenant.
(b) It can't be seen.
(c) It isn't what Habakkuk wants.
(d) It is destroying the people.
4. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their families.
(b) To their religion.
(c) To their countrymen.
(d) To their time and place.
5. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(b) Because he is never named.
(c) Because he follows Isaiah.
(d) None of the answers is correct..
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
2. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
3. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
4. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
5. Who was Mesha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Amos?
2. What did Heschel say about the prophets' popularity?
3. Did the prophets see things differently based upon their relationship with God?
4. What did Micah say in addition to warning the people about destruction due to their sins?
5. What type of man was a prophet, according to Heschel?
6. In what way were Jeremiah and Micah the same?
7. What type of message did Amos bring to the people?
8. What does understanding God depend on, according to Heschel?
9. What was the prophet Micah's concern with the people?
10. Why does Jeremiah refer to the people of God as murderers?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)