|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(c) Sin in general.
2. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
(d) Kings and leaders.
3. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
(a) One of peace.
(b) One of injustice.
(c) One of anger and wrath.
(d) One of war.
4. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of destruction.
(b) Promise of love.
(c) Promise of redemption.
(d) Promise of future wealth.
5. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for Hosea?
2. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
3. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
4. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
5. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way were Jeremiah and Micah the same?
2. Why, according to Heschel, do others reject prophets?
3. Why did history cause a need for prophets?
4. Did the people listen to the prophet Isaiah?
5. What does Heschel say God's ultimate goal is?
6. Did the prophets feel differently about sin than others?
7. Who was Amos?
8. What did Heschel say about the prophets' popularity?
9. How does Heschel describe the words of prophecy?
10. Why does Jeremiah refer to the people of God as murderers?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)