|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
(a) To purify people.
(b) To build a people.
(c) To destroy people.
(d) To chastise people.
2. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
3. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
4. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a lion's roar.
(b) As a whisper in the night.
(c) As a small nagging thought.
(d) As a gentle breeze.
5. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With fire.
(b) With a flood.
(c) With a disease.
(d) With loss in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
2. Heschel quotes Samuel to show that what was better than sacrifice?
3. Who was Mesha?
4. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
5. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did the prophets see things differently based upon their relationship with God?
2. In what way were Jeremiah and Micah the same?
3. Who is Second Isaiah?
4. Did the people listen to the prophet Isaiah?
5. Who was Amos?
6. Why was Jeremiah called the prophet of wrath?
7. Why, according to Heschel, do others reject prophets?
8. How did Hosea think his marriage with his wife Gomer reflected the relationship of Israel and God?
9. Why does Heschel think Habakkuk is a tormented man?
10. How does Heschel describe the words of prophecy?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)