|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amos began with a message of what?
2. What was Micah's message?
(a) Love and generosity.
(b) Hope and forgiveness.
(c) Sweetness and light.
(d) Doom and destruction.
3. From what civilization do we get the legacy that great poetry comes into being through madness?
4. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
5. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
(b) Prophetic religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel points out that having a friendship with God doesn't mean what?
2. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
3. What attitude does Heschel take to other points of view that he uses in his book?
4. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
5. When did Heschel examine the state of mind of the prophets with respect to the theory of ecstasy?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)