|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prophet did God send to Nineveh?
2. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(d) Sin in general.
3. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The weather.
(b) The situation.
(c) The king.
(d) The people.
4. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(a) The covenant.
(c) The promise.
5. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
2. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
3. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
4. To what does Heschel compare the descriptions of prophecy?
5. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)