|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of pathos?
2. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In variables.
(b) In vague notions.
(c) In totality.
(d) In absolutes.
3. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
4. Heschel admits that pathos is both a paradox and what?
(a) A mystery.
(b) A commandment.
(c) A divine concept.
(d) Easy to explain.
5. How is God's love to man shown?
(a) By being righteous.
(b) By giving us a connection with God.
(c) By giving us what we want.
(d) By showing us what we should do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
2. What was another name for Hosea?
3. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
4. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
5. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)