|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel describes God as what?
(a) The ultimate judge.
(c) The ultimate source of the universe.
(d) Someone who cannot be described.
2. What subject area did Philo develop?
(a) Biblical translations.
(c) Religious sympathy.
(d) Biblical prophecy.
3. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
(a) Inward looking.
4. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who were not worshipping their God.
(b) People who did not understand their God.
(c) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
(d) People who were turning away from God.
5. What appears to us as wild emotionalism in the prophets, Heschel says may seem like what to the prophets themselves?
(a) Proper behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
2. Heschel points out that having a friendship with God doesn't mean what?
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
5. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)