|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To show what the people were like.
(b) To illustrate God's passions.
(c) To show Micah's intense nature.
(d) To prove Micah is a prophet.
2. What does Heschel believe drives a person's desire for ecstasy?
(a) Desire to pray more deeply.
(b) Desire to leave the every day world.
(c) Desire to be different.
(d) Desire to be connected to gods.
3. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(a) Lack of wealth.
(b) Ill health.
4. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
5. Heschel said that some of the beliefs that the prophets were frauds came from an era when people wanted what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
2. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
3. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
4. What prophet did God send to Nineveh?
5. To what does Heschel compare the words of the prophet?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)