|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say about a reliable diagnosis of the prophets' mental health?
(a) It isn't necessary.
(b) It's beyond the reach of the book.
(c) It has been done by others.
(d) He's not experienced in that area.
2. When the pathos of God is upon a prophet what happens?
(a) He becomes overwhelmed.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He becomes apathetic.
(d) He becomes compassionate.
3. What is the ultimate purpose of ecstasy?
(a) Knowledge of one's self.
(b) Union with the divine.
4. What appears to us as wild emotionalism in the prophets, Heschel says may seem like what to the prophets themselves?
(a) Proper behavior.
5. What does Heschel call indifference?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to some scholars, the goal should not be pathos but what?
2. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
3. What did God do after the prophet proclaimed the destruction of Nineveh and the people repented?
4. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
5. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)