|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In totality.
(b) In absolutes.
(c) In variables.
(d) In vague notions.
2. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Health and sickness.
(b) Anger and love.
(c) Wrath and justice.
(d) Good and bad.
3. What is the ultimate purpose of ecstasy?
(b) Union with the divine.
(c) Knowledge of one's self.
4. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
(a) Divine pathos.
5. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In contrast to the Stoic sage, Heschel characterizes the prophet as what?
2. To be a prophet means to identify one's concern with what?
3. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
4. Heschel said that some of the beliefs that the prophets were frauds came from an era when people wanted what?
5. What is anthropopathy?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)