|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
(c) Divine pathos.
2. Who declared ecstasy to be a definitive mark of a prophet?
3. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
4. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
(a) What do you want me to do?
(b) Why do you call me?
(c) Where are you?
(d) How long and why?
5. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To show continuity.
(b) To provide background.
(c) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(d) To prove his point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
2. What are two unique features of a prophet?
3. Who stated that since the world is so full of filth and sin a just and loving God could not have created it?
4. Who said that what a poet writes is beautiful, if it is written with enthusiasm and divine inspiration?
5. What subject area did Philo develop?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)