|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
2. When the pathos of God is upon a prophet what happens?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He becomes overwhelmed.
(c) He becomes apathetic.
(d) He becomes compassionate.
3. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a whisper in the night.
(b) As a gentle breeze.
(c) As a lion's roar.
(d) As a small nagging thought.
4. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
5. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
Short Answer Questions
1. One view that Heschel discusses is that an outstanding feature of a poet's consciousness is the sense of being what at the moment of inspiration?
2. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
3. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
4. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
5. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)