|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(a) A change in history.
(b) A change in man's heart and actions.
(d) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
2. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
3. Amos began with a message of what?
4. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
(b) Prophetic religion.
5. What were the prophets overwhelmed with in addition to emotion?
(a) The need for action.
(b) The need to speak with God.
(c) The need to go off and pray.
(d) The need to be respected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ultimate purpose of ecstasy?
2. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
3. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
4. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
5. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)