|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
(b) Religious fervor.
(d) Mental abnormalities.
2. Why did some scholars reject the idea of pathos?
(a) Because it didn't involve emotions.
(b) Because it isn't mentioned in the Bible.
(c) Because it involved emotions.
(d) Because of its origins.
3. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
(a) Way of showing remorse.
(b) Way of showing how much they owned.
(c) Way of honoring their dead families.
(d) Way of worship.
4. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) People calling them crazy.
(b) Religious fanatics.
(c) Expensive habits.
(d) Things that offended God.
5. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
(a) Islam and Mesopotamia.
(b) Egypt and Mesopotamia.
(c) Egypt and Greek.
(d) Shiite and Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what religion do you do away with all feeling and obtain a type of peace?
2. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
3. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
4. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
5. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)