|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the prophets talk about in addition to God's wrath and judgment?
(a) His vengeance.
(b) His love.
(c) His knowledge.
(d) His wisdom.
2. What was Micah's message?
(a) Hope and forgiveness.
(b) Sweetness and light.
(c) Love and generosity.
(d) Doom and destruction.
3. What does understanding God depend on?
(c) A person's relationship with God.
(d) A person's obedience to God's will.
4. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
5. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
(a) That we can't depict Him.
(b) He does not see depicting God as a problem.
(c) That we try to depict Him at all.
(d) That we don't know how to depict Him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ultimate purpose of ecstasy?
2. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
3. In addition to using information from Israel's culture, Heschel uses information from what in order to understand the prophets?
4. What does Heschel see as the point when freedom is lost?
5. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)