|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
(a) Maps of the time.
2. Who said that what a poet writes is beautiful, if it is written with enthusiasm and divine inspiration?
3. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(a) A change in history.
(b) A change in man's heart and actions.
(c) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
4. How is God's love to man shown?
(a) By showing us what we should do.
(b) By being righteous.
(c) By giving us a connection with God.
(d) By giving us what we want.
5. What appears to us as wild emotionalism in the prophets, Heschel says may seem like what to the prophets themselves?
(b) Proper behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. One theory for prophets and their inspiration is that they had madness in them that led to what?
2. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
3. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
4. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
5. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)