|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel said that some of the beliefs that the prophets were frauds came from an era when people wanted what?
2. What cultural/religious doctrines did Philo try to mix in his studies?
(a) Greek and Islamic.
(b) Jewish and Egyptian.
(c) Greek and Jewish.
(d) Egyptian and Islamic.
3. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
(a) It isn't what Habakkuk wants.
(b) It can't be seen.
(c) It is destroying the covenant.
(d) It is destroying the people.
4. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
5. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
(b) The Greeks.
(d) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stated that since the world is so full of filth and sin a just and loving God could not have created it?
2. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
3. What changed with Second Isaiah?
4. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
5. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)