|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The devil.
2. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To provide background.
(b) To prove his point.
(c) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(d) To show continuity.
3. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(b) Carpet maker.
4. What does Heschel call indifference?
5. In addition to using information from Israel's culture, Heschel uses information from what in order to understand the prophets?
(a) Cult of the Balaam.
(b) Islamic culture.
(c) Egyptian culture.
(d) Greek culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
2. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
3. What subject area did Philo develop?
4. What is the origin of pathos?
5. Heschel says that Moses would have taught what kinds of rules of right living to the people?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)