|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another theory regarding the inspiration of the prophets regarded the prophetic act as what?
(a) An act of rebellion.
(b) An act of madness.
(c) An act of poetic creation.
(d) An act of unconsciousness.
2. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of future wealth.
(b) Promise of redemption.
(c) Promise of destruction.
(d) Promise of love.
3. Who stated that since the world is so full of filth and sin a just and loving God could not have created it?
4. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) Other parts of the Bible.
(b) Opinions of others.
(c) The prophets' own words.
(d) His opinions.
5. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The expectancy of behavior.
(b) The attitude.
(c) The tone.
(d) The mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
2. When was Marcion expelled from his church?
3. What did God do after the prophet proclaimed the destruction of Nineveh and the people repented?
4. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
5. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)