|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Heschel compare the words of the prophet?
(b) A breeze.
(d) Running water.
2. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God's people and Hosea.
(b) God and his people.
(c) God and Hosea.
(d) God's people and their kings.
3. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
(a) Because he abandoned the Assyrians.
(b) Because he abandoned the Babylonians.
(c) Because of his prophesies.
(d) Because he spoke out against the king.
4. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
5. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
Short Answer Questions
1. One view that Heschel discusses is that an outstanding feature of a poet's consciousness is the sense of being what at the moment of inspiration?
2. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
3. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
4. Heschel looks at the theory of ecstasy but limits it to what?
5. When the pathos of God is upon a prophet what happens?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)