|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
(a) Righteous and just.
(c) Like people's wrath.
2. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
(b) Prophetic religion.
3. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
(d) Second Isaiah.
4. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
5. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of destruction.
(b) Promise of redemption.
(c) Promise of future wealth.
(d) Promise of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
2. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
3. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
4. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
5. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)