|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
2. Heschel said that some of the beliefs that the prophets were frauds came from an era when people wanted what?
3. Who said that what a poet writes is beautiful, if it is written with enthusiasm and divine inspiration?
4. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
(a) What has happened in the past in heaven.
(b) What is happening in heaven.
(c) What is going to happen in the future on earth.
(d) What has happened in the past on earth.
5. Who was Hezekiah?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A king.
(c) A brother of Isaiah.
(d) A shepherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
2. According to Heschel, many parts of the Bible should be looked at as what?
3. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
4. Heschel describes God as what?
5. According to Heschel, the prophetic act takes place when the prophet is aware of what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)