|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the prophets talk about in addition to God's wrath and judgment?
(a) His knowledge.
(b) His wisdom.
(c) His love.
(d) His vengeance.
2. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
(a) Because he abandoned the Babylonians.
(b) Because of his prophesies.
(c) Because he abandoned the Assyrians.
(d) Because he spoke out against the king.
3. What appears to us as wild emotionalism in the prophets, Heschel says may seem like what to the prophets themselves?
(c) Proper behavior.
4. When the pathos of God is upon a prophet what happens?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He becomes apathetic.
(c) He becomes overwhelmed.
(d) He becomes compassionate.
5. Whose theory said that the prophets were not talking to God but were making judgments about God's desires from the information they had about God?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
2. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
3. The prophets were outraged because of what?
4. When was Marcion expelled from his church?
5. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)