|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(a) A change in history.
(b) A change in man's heart and actions.
(d) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
2. One view that Heschel discusses is that an outstanding feature of a poet's consciousness is the sense of being what at the moment of inspiration?
(b) Taken over by another.
(d) In control.
3. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
(a) The time when people become religious.
(b) The time when Israel turns back to God.
(c) The time when they can return to normal life.
(d) The time when God will end all evil.
4. Who was Marcion?
(a) A Gnostic.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A Greek.
(d) A Jew.
5. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
2. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
3. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
4. What does Heschel say about a reliable diagnosis of the prophets' mental health?
5. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)