|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Marcion expelled from his church?
(a) 100 C.E.
(b) 150 C.E.
(c) 144 C.E.
(d) 134 C.E.
2. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Prophetic era.
(b) Babylonian exile era.
(c) Early Christian era.
(d) Ancient prophets era.
3. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
(a) What is going to happen in the future on earth.
(b) What has happened in the past on earth.
(c) What has happened in the past in heaven.
(d) What is happening in heaven.
4. What is anthropopathy?
(a) The attribution of human qualities to animals.
(b) The attribution of God-like qualities to humans.
(d) The attribution of human qualities to gods.
5. Amos began with a message of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
2. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
3. To what does Heschel compare the words of the prophet?
4. Who stated that since the world is so full of filth and sin a just and loving God could not have created it?
5. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)