|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
(a) Filled with repentance.
(b) Filled with doom and hope.
(c) Filled with tears and joy.
(d) Filled with death and destruction.
2. What were the prophets overwhelmed with in addition to emotion?
(a) The need to speak with God.
(b) The need to go off and pray.
(c) The need to be respected.
(d) The need for action.
3. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
(a) One of peace.
(b) One of war.
(c) One of anger and wrath.
(d) One of injustice.
4. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To show what the people were like.
(b) To illustrate God's passions.
(c) To show Micah's intense nature.
(d) To prove Micah is a prophet.
5. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) People calling them crazy.
(b) Expensive habits.
(c) Things that offended God.
(d) Religious fanatics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
2. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
3. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
4. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
5. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)