|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of pathos?
2. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
(b) People who were turning away from God.
(c) People who were not worshipping their God.
(d) People who did not understand their God.
3. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The devil.
4. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(a) The promise.
(c) The covenant.
5. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
(a) Out of love.
(b) Because they want to.
(c) Out of fear.
(d) Out of obedience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
2. In contrast to the Stoic sage, Heschel characterizes the prophet as what?
3. Why did some scholars reject the idea of pathos?
4. What were the prophets overwhelmed with in addition to emotion?
5. Who declared ecstasy to be a definitive mark of a prophet?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)