|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Hosea have?
2. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(a) The king's edicts.
(c) People's lack of understanding.
3. What was another name for Hosea?
4. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
(a) Because they want to.
(b) Out of obedience.
(c) Out of love.
(d) Out of fear.
5. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) His people.
(b) The land.
(c) The temple in Jerusalem.
(d) The covenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
2. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
3. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
4. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
5. What does Heschel see as the point when freedom is lost?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)