|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Micah's message?
(a) Hope and forgiveness.
(b) Sweetness and light.
(c) Love and generosity.
(d) Doom and destruction.
2. Heschel quotes Samuel to show that what was better than sacrifice?
(a) To pray.
(b) To go to the temple.
(c) To honor your father and mother.
(d) To obey.
3. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(a) A change in history.
(b) A change in man's heart and actions.
(d) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
4. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
(a) It isn't what Habakkuk wants.
(b) It can't be seen.
(c) It is destroying the covenant.
(d) It is destroying the people.
5. What does understanding God depend on?
(b) A person's obedience to God's will.
(c) A person's relationship with God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
2. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
3. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
4. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
5. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)