|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
2. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With fire.
(b) With a flood.
(c) With a disease.
(d) With loss in battle.
3. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
(a) Out of obedience.
(b) Out of fear.
(c) Out of love.
(d) Because they want to.
4. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
5. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Micah's message?
2. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
3. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
4. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
5. Heschel quotes Samuel to show that what was better than sacrifice?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)