|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
(a) Way of honoring their dead families.
(b) Way of showing how much they owned.
(c) Way of worship.
(d) Way of showing remorse.
2. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(a) Carpet maker.
3. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To prove his point.
(b) To show continuity.
(c) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(d) To provide background.
4. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
(b) His son.
(d) His daughter.
5. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Ancient prophets era.
(b) Early Christian era.
(c) Prophetic era.
(d) Babylonian exile era.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
2. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
3. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
4. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
5. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)