|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
(a) Filled with repentance.
(b) Filled with death and destruction.
(c) Filled with doom and hope.
(d) Filled with tears and joy.
2. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their religion.
(b) To their countrymen.
(c) To their families.
(d) To their time and place.
3. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) The temple in Jerusalem.
(b) The covenant.
(c) The land.
(d) His people.
4. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
(d) Second Isaiah.
5. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(d) Carpet maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
2. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
3. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
4. What was Micah's message?
5. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)