|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of destruction.
(b) Promise of redemption.
(c) Promise of love.
(d) Promise of future wealth.
2. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(a) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
(b) A change in man's heart and actions.
(d) A change in history.
3. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
4. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
5. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
(a) Way of worship.
(b) Way of showing remorse.
(c) Way of honoring their dead families.
(d) Way of showing how much they owned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
2. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
3. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
4. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
5. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)