|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel see as the point when freedom is lost?
(a) When a person dies.
(b) When God takes it away.
(c) When a person misuses it.
(d) When God hardens a person's heart.
2. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
3. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) Other parts of the Bible.
(b) The prophets' own words.
(c) Opinions of others.
(d) His opinions.
4. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
5. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
(a) One of anger and wrath.
(b) One of peace.
(c) One of injustice.
(d) One of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
2. What was another name for Hosea?
3. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
4. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
5. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)