|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel see as the point when freedom is lost?
(a) When a person dies.
(b) When God hardens a person's heart.
(c) When God takes it away.
(d) When a person misuses it.
2. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To show Micah's intense nature.
(b) To illustrate God's passions.
(c) To prove Micah is a prophet.
(d) To show what the people were like.
3. What does understanding God depend on?
(b) A person's relationship with God.
(d) A person's obedience to God's will.
4. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(a) Intolerant of injustice.
5. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of future wealth.
(b) Promise of redemption.
(c) Promise of love.
(d) Promise of destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
2. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
3. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
4. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
5. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)