|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) 10 chapters.
(b) Longer than Jeremiah.
(c) A few chapters.
(d) Longest book of "The Prophets".
2. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
3. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he is never named.
(b) Because he follows Isaiah.
(c) None of the answers is correct..
(d) Because he is Isaiah's son.
4. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
(a) The people of the Eastern Kingdom.
(b) The people of the Western Kingdom.
(c) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(d) The people of the Southern Kingdom.
5. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(c) Lovers of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
2. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
3. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
4. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
5. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)