|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who were not worshipping their God.
(b) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
(c) People who were turning away from God.
(d) People who did not understand their God.
2. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The man and his life.
(b) The words themselves.
(c) The way the message is presented.
(d) The situation.
3. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With fire.
(b) With a disease.
(c) With loss in battle.
(d) With a flood.
4. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
5. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Christians and Muslims.
(b) Jews and Muslims.
(c) Jews and Christians.
(d) Jews and Orthodox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
2. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
3. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
4. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
5. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)