|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
(a) It prospered.
(b) It became the capital of the Assyrian empire.
(c) It was the center of culture.
(d) It fell.
2. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
(a) Divine pathos.
3. Who was Hezekiah?
(a) A king.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A brother of Isaiah.
(d) A shepherd.
4. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(c) Carpet maker.
5. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for Hosea?
2. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
3. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
4. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
5. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)