|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(a) People's lack of understanding.
(c) The king's edicts.
2. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
3. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
(a) In his preaching.
(b) In his love for the people.
(c) In the way he lived.
(d) In his love for God.
4. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
5. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Wrath and justice.
(b) Anger and love.
(c) Health and sickness.
(d) Good and bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
2. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
3. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
4. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
5. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)