|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for Hosea?
2. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
(a) His wife.
(b) The prophet Amos.
(c) His son.
(d) The king.
3. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The situation.
(b) The man and his life.
(c) The way the message is presented.
(d) The words themselves.
4. How many children did Hosea have?
5. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To illustrate God's passions.
(b) To show what the people were like.
(c) To show Micah's intense nature.
(d) To prove Micah is a prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heschel describe freedom?
2. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
3. What does understanding God depend on?
4. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
5. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)