|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The situation.
(b) The words themselves.
(c) The way the message is presented.
(d) The man and his life.
2. How does Heschel describe freedom?
(a) As a benefit for humans.
(b) As a gift from man to God.
(c) As a right of man.
(d) As a gift from God to man.
3. What does understanding God depend on?
(b) A person's relationship with God.
(d) A person's obedience to God's will.
4. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
(a) Divine pathos.
5. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
(b) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(c) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(d) The idolatry of the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
2. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
3. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
4. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
5. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)