|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
2. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
(a) Because they want to.
(b) Out of obedience.
(c) Out of love.
(d) Out of fear.
3. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(b) The specific outcome of the message.
(c) The historical context of the message.
(d) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
4. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(c) Lack of wealth.
(d) Ill health.
5. What does understanding God depend on?
(a) A person's obedience to God's will.
(b) A person's relationship with God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
2. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
3. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
4. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
5. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)