|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) The specific outcome of the message.
(b) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(c) The historical context of the message.
(d) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
2. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(b) The promise.
(d) The covenant.
3. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
(a) The time when God will end all evil.
(b) The time when they can return to normal life.
(c) The time when Israel turns back to God.
(d) The time when people become religious.
4. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) Things that offended God.
(b) People calling them crazy.
(c) Religious fanatics.
(d) Expensive habits.
5. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
(a) What is going to happen in the future on earth.
(b) What has happened in the past in heaven.
(c) What is happening in heaven.
(d) What has happened in the past on earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
2. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
3. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
4. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
5. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)