|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In vague notions.
(b) In totality.
(c) In absolutes.
(d) In variables.
2. Who was Hezekiah?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A king.
(d) A brother of Isaiah.
3. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
(b) Greek gods.
4. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) Things that offended God.
(b) Expensive habits.
(c) Religious fanatics.
(d) People calling them crazy.
5. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(b) Sin in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
2. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
5. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)