|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mesha?
(a) King of the Moabites.
(b) A prophet.
(c) King of the Israelites.
(d) A herdsman.
2. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Jews and Christians.
(b) Christians and Muslims.
(c) Jews and Muslims.
(d) Jews and Orthodox.
3. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(b) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(c) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
(d) The enemies.
4. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(a) People's lack of understanding.
(b) The king's edicts.
5. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
(a) To purify people.
(b) To chastise people.
(c) To build a people.
(d) To destroy people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
2. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
3. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
4. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
5. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)