|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
(a) Bring them to humility and dishonor.
(b) Honor their fathers and mothers.
(c) Build them a nation.
(d) Honor them as well.
2. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
3. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
(c) His son.
(d) His daughter.
4. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(a) Lack of wealth.
(b) Ill health.
5. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their countrymen.
(b) To their time and place.
(c) To their families.
(d) To their religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
2. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
3. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
4. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
5. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)