|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(a) Lovers of evil.
2. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With a flood.
(b) With a disease.
(c) With fire.
(d) With loss in battle.
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. How does Heschel describe freedom?
(a) As a benefit for humans.
(b) As a gift from God to man.
(c) As a gift from man to God.
(d) As a right of man.
5. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(a) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
(b) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(d) The enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
2. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
3. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
4. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
5. How many children did Hosea have?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)