|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
(a) It prospered.
(b) It became the capital of the Assyrian empire.
(c) It was the center of culture.
(d) It fell.
2. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
(a) They were shunned.
(b) They were glorified.
(c) They were shown respect.
(d) They were honored.
3. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
4. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
5. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) His people.
(b) The covenant.
(c) The land.
(d) The temple in Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
2. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
3. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
4. Who was Hezekiah?
5. Heschel quotes Samuel to show that what was better than sacrifice?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)