|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
(a) Multiple gods.
(c) The work of their own hands.
(d) Golden calves.
2. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
(c) Maps of the time.
3. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) Expensive habits.
(b) Religious fanatics.
(c) People calling them crazy.
(d) Things that offended God.
4. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
(a) It fell.
(b) It became the capital of the Assyrian empire.
(c) It was the center of culture.
(d) It prospered.
5. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(a) A change in history.
(b) A change in man's heart and actions.
(d) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
2. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
3. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
4. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
5. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)