|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
2. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(c) The king's edicts.
(d) People's lack of understanding.
3. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(a) The enemies.
(b) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
(c) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
4. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
(a) Kings and leaders.
5. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With loss in battle.
(b) With a flood.
(c) With fire.
(d) With a disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
2. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
3. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
4. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
5. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)