|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
(a) Honor them as well.
(b) Bring them to humility and dishonor.
(c) Honor their fathers and mothers.
(d) Build them a nation.
2. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
(a) They were glorified.
(b) They were honored.
(c) They were shunned.
(d) They were shown respect.
3. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(b) To prove his point.
(c) To show continuity.
(d) To provide background.
4. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
5. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
2. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
3. What was Micah's message?
4. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
5. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)