|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
(a) In his love for the people.
(b) In the way he lived.
(c) In his love for God.
(d) In his preaching.
2. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
3. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a small nagging thought.
(b) As a gentle breeze.
(c) As a lion's roar.
(d) As a whisper in the night.
4. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
(d) Inward looking.
5. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
(a) Build them a nation.
(b) Bring them to humility and dishonor.
(c) Honor their fathers and mothers.
(d) Honor them as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
2. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
3. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
4. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
5. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)