|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
(a) Why do you call me?
(b) Where are you?
(c) How long and why?
(d) What do you want me to do?
2. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(b) People's lack of understanding.
(c) The king's edicts.
3. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
(b) Be penitent.
(c) Have remorse.
4. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Ancient prophets era.
(b) Early Christian era.
(c) Prophetic era.
(d) Babylonian exile era.
5. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In vague notions.
(b) In totality.
(c) In variables.
(d) In absolutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
2. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
3. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
4. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
5. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)