|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
(a) It is destroying the covenant.
(b) It can't be seen.
(c) It isn't what Habakkuk wants.
(d) It is destroying the people.
2. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
3. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
(a) What has happened in the past in heaven.
(b) What is going to happen in the future on earth.
(c) What is happening in heaven.
(d) What has happened in the past on earth.
4. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
5. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Ancient prophets era.
(b) Prophetic era.
(c) Babylonian exile era.
(d) Early Christian era.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
2. How does Heschel describe freedom?
3. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
4. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
5. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)