|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
(a) How long and why?
(b) Where are you?
(c) What do you want me to do?
(d) Why do you call me?
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) His opinions.
(b) Opinions of others.
(c) The prophets' own words.
(d) Other parts of the Bible.
3. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The expectancy of behavior.
(b) The tone.
(c) The attitude.
(d) The mood.
4. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) 10 chapters.
(b) Longest book of "The Prophets".
(c) Longer than Jeremiah.
(d) A few chapters.
5. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To provide background.
(b) To show continuity.
(c) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(d) To prove his point.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
2. What was Micah's message?
3. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
4. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
5. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)