|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Micah's message?
(a) Hope and forgiveness.
(b) Sweetness and light.
(c) Love and generosity.
(d) Doom and destruction.
2. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(b) The specific outcome of the message.
(c) The historical context of the message.
(d) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
3. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The words themselves.
(b) The situation.
(c) The way the message is presented.
(d) The man and his life.
4. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God and Hosea.
(b) God and his people.
(c) God's people and Hosea.
(d) God's people and their kings.
5. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(a) Lovers of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
2. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
3. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
4. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
5. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)