|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
(a) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(b) The people of the Eastern Kingdom.
(c) The people of the Southern Kingdom.
(d) The people of the Western Kingdom.
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) Opinions of others.
(b) The prophets' own words.
(c) His opinions.
(d) Other parts of the Bible.
3. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To show Micah's intense nature.
(b) To show what the people were like.
(c) To illustrate God's passions.
(d) To prove Micah is a prophet.
4. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(b) Sin in general.
5. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(b) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(c) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
(d) The idolatry of the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
2. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
3. What was another name for Hosea?
4. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
5. The prophets were outraged because of what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)