|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
(a) In his preaching.
(b) In the way he lived.
(c) In his love for the people.
(d) In his love for God.
2. Who was Hezekiah?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A brother of Isaiah.
(d) A king.
3. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(a) Ill health.
(d) Lack of wealth.
4. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of destruction.
(b) Promise of future wealth.
(c) Promise of love.
(d) Promise of redemption.
5. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(a) Sin in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Hosea have?
2. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
3. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
4. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
5. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)