|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(a) The covenant.
(b) The promise.
2. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
(a) Why do you call me?
(b) What do you want me to do?
(c) Where are you?
(d) How long and why?
3. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With fire.
(b) With a disease.
(c) With a flood.
(d) With loss in battle.
4. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(b) None of the answers is correct..
(c) Because he follows Isaiah.
(d) Because he is never named.
5. How many children did Hosea have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
2. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
3. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
4. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
5. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)