|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To show what the people were like.
(b) To show Micah's intense nature.
(c) To illustrate God's passions.
(d) To prove Micah is a prophet.
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) Other parts of the Bible.
(b) His opinions.
(c) The prophets' own words.
(d) Opinions of others.
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) 10 chapters.
(b) Longest book of "The Prophets".
(c) Longer than Jeremiah.
(d) A few chapters.
5. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With loss in battle.
(b) With fire.
(c) With a flood.
(d) With a disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
2. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
3. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
4. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
5. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)