|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The attitude.
(b) The expectancy of behavior.
(c) The mood.
(d) The tone.
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) Opinions of others.
(b) His opinions.
(c) Other parts of the Bible.
(d) The prophets' own words.
3. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) Things that offended God.
(b) Religious fanatics.
(c) Expensive habits.
(d) People calling them crazy.
4. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
(a) Golden calves.
(c) The work of their own hands.
(d) Multiple gods.
5. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
(a) The people of the Western Kingdom.
(b) The people of the Eastern Kingdom.
(c) The people of the Southern Kingdom.
(d) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
2. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
3. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
4. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
5. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)