|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Hebrew Bible.
(b) The Jerusalem Bible.
(c) The Protestant Bible.
(d) The Catholic Bible.
2. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
(a) One of injustice.
(b) One of peace.
(c) One of war.
(d) One of anger and wrath.
3. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who were turning away from God.
(b) People who were not worshipping their God.
(c) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
(d) People who did not understand their God.
4. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
(a) Filled with death and destruction.
(b) Filled with doom and hope.
(c) Filled with repentance.
(d) Filled with tears and joy.
5. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
2. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
3. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
4. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
5. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)