|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(b) The enemies.
(c) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
(d) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
2. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The words themselves.
(b) The situation.
(c) The man and his life.
(d) The way the message is presented.
3. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Jews and Orthodox.
(b) Christians and Muslims.
(c) Jews and Christians.
(d) Jews and Muslims.
4. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) People calling them crazy.
(b) Religious fanatics.
(c) Things that offended God.
(d) Expensive habits.
5. Who was Hezekiah?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A king.
(d) A brother of Isaiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
2. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
3. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
4. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
5. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)