|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) Other parts of the Bible.
(b) His opinions.
(c) The prophets' own words.
(d) Opinions of others.
2. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(c) Lovers of evil.
3. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With a disease.
(b) With fire.
(c) With a flood.
(d) With loss in battle.
4. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(b) Ill health.
(c) Lack of wealth.
5. How many children did Hosea have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
2. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
3. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
4. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
5. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)