|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
2. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Jews and Christians.
(b) Jews and Orthodox.
(c) Jews and Muslims.
(d) Christians and Muslims.
3. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
(a) In his preaching.
(b) In his love for the people.
(c) In his love for God.
(d) In the way he lived.
4. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(a) People's lack of understanding.
(b) The king's edicts.
5. What was another name for Hosea?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
2. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
3. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
4. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
5. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)