|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To illustrate God's passions.
(b) To show what the people were like.
(c) To prove Micah is a prophet.
(d) To show Micah's intense nature.
2. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their religion.
(b) To their families.
(c) To their countrymen.
(d) To their time and place.
3. How many children did Hosea have?
4. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(b) The king's edicts.
(c) People's lack of understanding.
5. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
2. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
3. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
4. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
5. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)