|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(c) People's lack of understanding.
(d) The king's edicts.
2. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Protestant Bible.
(b) The Hebrew Bible.
(c) The Jerusalem Bible.
(d) The Catholic Bible.
3. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
4. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a gentle breeze.
(b) As a small nagging thought.
(c) As a whisper in the night.
(d) As a lion's roar.
5. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
2. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
3. How many children did Hosea have?
4. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
5. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)