|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Jerusalem Bible.
(b) The Catholic Bible.
(c) The Protestant Bible.
(d) The Hebrew Bible.
2. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of redemption.
(b) Promise of future wealth.
(c) Promise of destruction.
(d) Promise of love.
3. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(a) The covenant.
(b) The promise.
4. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) Things that offended God.
(b) Religious fanatics.
(c) People calling them crazy.
(d) Expensive habits.
5. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(c) Ill health.
(d) Lack of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
2. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
3. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
4. What was Micah's message?
5. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)