|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(d) Intolerant of injustice.
2. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
(c) Second Isaiah.
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) The king.
(d) The prophet Amos.
5. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Jews and Christians.
(b) Jews and Orthodox.
(c) Jews and Muslims.
(d) Christians and Muslims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
2. The prophets were outraged because of what?
3. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
4. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
5. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)