|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
2. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
(a) One of war.
(b) One of injustice.
(c) One of anger and wrath.
(d) One of peace.
3. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
4. What was Micah's message?
(a) Hope and forgiveness.
(b) Sweetness and light.
(c) Doom and destruction.
(d) Love and generosity.
5. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(a) Accumulation of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
2. What changed with Second Isaiah?
3. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
4. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
5. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)