|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
2. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(b) Intolerant of injustice.
3. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
(b) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(c) The historical context of the message.
(d) The specific outcome of the message.
4. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Protestant Bible.
(b) The Hebrew Bible.
(c) The Catholic Bible.
(d) The Jerusalem Bible.
5. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
(a) Maps of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
2. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
3. What was Micah's message?
4. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
5. Who was Hezekiah?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)