|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
(a) Because he abandoned the Assyrians.
(b) Because he spoke out against the king.
(c) Because he abandoned the Babylonians.
(d) Because of his prophesies.
2. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
3. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(b) Lack of wealth.
(c) Ill health.
4. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who did not understand their God.
(b) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
(c) People who were turning away from God.
(d) People who were not worshipping their God.
5. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Hebrew Bible.
(b) The Protestant Bible.
(c) The Jerusalem Bible.
(d) The Catholic Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
2. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
3. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
4. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
5. The prophets were outraged because of what?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)