|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
2. To what does Heschel compare the words of the prophet?
(b) Running water.
(d) A breeze.
3. Amos began with a message of what?
4. The prophet's attitude toward divine reality is described as what?
5. According to Heschel a divine-human understanding is contingent on what?
(a) An awareness of man's nothingness.
(b) An awareness of a divine anticipation and expectation.
(c) Man's ability to pray.
(d) Man's reaching out to God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
2. Heschel contrasts God to other deities, who unlike God, did not have what?
3. Whose theory said that the prophets were not talking to God but were making judgments about God's desires from the information they had about God?
4. In looking at primitive man, Heschel states that primitive men have possessions but not what?
5. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)