Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
(a) Have remorse.
(d) Be penitent.
2. In ancient times, Israel only knew God as what?
(d) Mysterious and terrible.
3. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a gentle breeze.
(b) As a lion's roar.
(c) As a small nagging thought.
(d) As a whisper in the night.
4. What does Heschel call indifference?
5. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
(a) Egypt and Mesopotamia.
(b) Egypt and Greek.
(c) Islam and Mesopotamia.
(d) Shiite and Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
2. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
3. What appears to us as wild emotionalism in the prophets, Heschel says may seem like what to the prophets themselves?
4. From what civilization do we get the legacy that great poetry comes into being through madness?
5. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)