|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The weather.
(b) The situation.
(c) The king.
(d) The people.
2. Heschel describes God as what?
(b) The ultimate judge.
(c) The ultimate source of the universe.
(d) Someone who cannot be described.
3. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(c) Carpet maker.
4. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
(a) An understanding.
(b) An obedience.
(c) An experience of him.
(d) A relationship.
5. The prophet's attitude toward divine reality is described as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
2. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
3. In ancient times, Israel only knew God as what?
4. What is the ultimate purpose of ecstasy?
5. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)