Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Hosea have?
2. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) The prophet Amos.
(d) The king.
3. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Early Christian era.
(b) Prophetic era.
(c) Babylonian exile era.
(d) Ancient prophets era.
4. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
5. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) His opinions.
(b) The prophets' own words.
(c) Opinions of others.
(d) Other parts of the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
2. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
3. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
4. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
5. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)