|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
2. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
(a) The time when Israel turns back to God.
(b) The time when people become religious.
(c) The time when God will end all evil.
(d) The time when they can return to normal life.
3. Why did some scholars reject the idea of pathos?
(a) Because it didn't involve emotions.
(b) Because it isn't mentioned in the Bible.
(c) Because it involved emotions.
(d) Because of its origins.
4. To what does Heschel compare the descriptions of prophecy?
(a) Grace and holiness.
(b) Religious literature.
(c) Religious fervor.
5. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
2. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
3. What subject area did Philo develop?
4. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
5. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)