|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
2. According to Heschel, many parts of the Bible should be looked at as what?
3. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
(a) Egypt and Mesopotamia.
(b) Egypt and Greek.
(c) Shiite and Greek.
(d) Islam and Mesopotamia.
4. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Anger and love.
(b) Good and bad.
(c) Health and sickness.
(d) Wrath and justice.
5. Heschel states that it is important to distinguish between the objective and subjective aspects of what?
(b) The prophetic consciousness of God.
(c) Religious sympathy.
(d) Biblical prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
2. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
3. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
4. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
5. Heschel looks at the theory of ecstasy but limits it to what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)