|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the prophets talk about in addition to God's wrath and judgment?
(a) His knowledge.
(b) His wisdom.
(c) His vengeance.
(d) His love.
2. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
3. In ancient times, Israel only knew God as what?
(c) Mysterious and terrible.
4. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
(a) That we try to depict Him at all.
(b) That we don't know how to depict Him.
(c) He does not see depicting God as a problem.
(d) That we can't depict Him.
5. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) The prophet Amos.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
2. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
3. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
4. How many children did Hosea have?
5. When the pathos of God is upon a prophet what happens?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)