|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
(a) Filled with repentance.
(b) Filled with death and destruction.
(c) Filled with doom and hope.
(d) Filled with tears and joy.
2. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
(a) They were glorified.
(b) They were honored.
(c) They were shown respect.
(d) They were shunned.
3. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
(a) Inward looking.
4. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
5. Who was Mesha?
(a) A herdsman.
(b) King of the Moabites.
(c) A prophet.
(d) King of the Israelites.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
2. What cultural/religious doctrines did Philo try to mix in his studies?
3. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
4. What prophet did God send to Nineveh?
5. Heschel said that some of the beliefs that the prophets were frauds came from an era when people wanted what?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)