|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
(b) Be penitent.
(c) Have remorse.
2. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
(a) The people of the Western Kingdom.
(b) The people of the Eastern Kingdom.
(c) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(d) The people of the Southern Kingdom.
3. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
4. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
(a) To build a people.
(b) To chastise people.
(c) To destroy people.
(d) To purify people.
5. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Christians and Muslims.
(b) Jews and Christians.
(c) Jews and Muslims.
(d) Jews and Orthodox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the prophets overwhelmed with in addition to emotion?
2. Who was Marcion?
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
5. What is anthropopathy?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)