|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
(a) It is destroying the covenant.
(b) It can't be seen.
(c) It isn't what Habakkuk wants.
(d) It is destroying the people.
2. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
3. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(b) Lovers of evil.
4. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(c) Intolerant of injustice.
5. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To provide background.
(b) To show continuity.
(c) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(d) To prove his point.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel states that it is important to distinguish between the objective and subjective aspects of what?
2. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
3. Heschel says that Moses would have taught what kinds of rules of right living to the people?
4. In early Israel, the gift of poetry was regarded as what?
5. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)