|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
2. What is Karma?
(a) A religion that believes in prophetic thinking.
(b) A way of life.
(c) A special relationship to God.
(d) An opposite to prophetic thinking.
3. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
4. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(c) Carpet maker.
5. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
(d) Prophetic religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to us as wild emotionalism in the prophets, Heschel says may seem like what to the prophets themselves?
2. What does Heschel describe as not a goal, but a challenge, a commitment, a state of tension?
3. In what religion do you do away with all feeling and obtain a type of peace?
4. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
5. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)