|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
(a) Prophetic religion.
2. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God and Hosea.
(b) God's people and their kings.
(c) God's people and Hosea.
(d) God and his people.
3. When did Heschel examine the state of mind of the prophets with respect to the theory of ecstasy?
(a) When they were speaking.
(b) When they were praying.
(c) When they were prophesying.
(d) When they were receiving the words of God.
4. What is the origin of pathos?
5. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) The temple in Jerusalem.
(b) The land.
(c) The covenant.
(d) His people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
2. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
3. What is anthropopathy?
4. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
5. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)