|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Marcion expelled from his church?
(a) 100 C.E.
(b) 150 C.E.
(c) 134 C.E.
(d) 144 C.E.
2. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The situation.
(b) The people.
(c) The king.
(d) The weather.
3. According to Heschel, the prophetic act takes place when the prophet is aware of what?
(a) The belief that something is happening to him.
(b) The lack of complete consciousness.
(c) The lack of knowledge about who is the source of his inspiration.
(d) The source of his inspiration is God.
4. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
5. Heschel says that Moses would have taught what kinds of rules of right living to the people?
(a) Complex rules.
(b) Simple rules.
(c) Bizarre rules.
(d) Unusual rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
2. What does Heschel say is an end to indifference?
3. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
4. What is anthropopathy?
5. Heschel describes God as what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)