|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
(a) Not all powerful.
(d) Not all knowing.
2. What does Heschel say about a reliable diagnosis of the prophets' mental health?
(a) It has been done by others.
(b) It isn't necessary.
(c) He's not experienced in that area.
(d) It's beyond the reach of the book.
3. Heschel looks at the theory of ecstasy but limits it to what?
(a) Old Testament prophets.
(b) Early prophets.
(c) The post-exilic prophets.
(d) The literary prophets.
4. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
5. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(b) Intolerant of injustice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did some scholars reject the idea of pathos?
2. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
3. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
4. When was Marcion expelled from his church?
5. When did Heschel examine the state of mind of the prophets with respect to the theory of ecstasy?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)