|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Marcion expelled from his church?
(a) 144 C.E.
(b) 134 C.E.
(c) 150 C.E.
(d) 100 C.E.
2. When the pathos of God is upon a prophet what happens?
(a) He becomes overwhelmed.
(b) He becomes apathetic.
(c) He becomes compassionate.
(d) He becomes angry.
3. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(b) The specific outcome of the message.
(c) The historical context of the message.
(d) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
4. Amos began with a message of what?
5. When did Heschel examine the state of mind of the prophets with respect to the theory of ecstasy?
(a) When they were speaking.
(b) When they were praying.
(c) When they were prophesying.
(d) When they were receiving the words of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
2. Heschel states that it is important to distinguish between the objective and subjective aspects of what?
3. From what civilization do we get the legacy that great poetry comes into being through madness?
4. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
5. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)