|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
(a) In his love for the people.
(b) In the way he lived.
(c) In his preaching.
(d) In his love for God.
2. What did the prophets talk about in addition to God's wrath and judgment?
(a) His vengeance.
(b) His wisdom.
(c) His knowledge.
(d) His love.
3. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
(a) Way of worship.
(b) Way of showing how much they owned.
(c) Way of showing remorse.
(d) Way of honoring their dead families.
4. Heschel said that some of the beliefs that the prophets were frauds came from an era when people wanted what?
5. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
2. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
3. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
4. Heschel admits that pathos is both a paradox and what?
5. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)