|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(b) People's lack of understanding.
(c) The king's edicts.
2. What did God do after the prophet proclaimed the destruction of Nineveh and the people repented?
(a) God relented and saved Nineveh.
(b) God let the people leave Nineveh before he destroyed it.
(c) God destroyed Nineveh.
(d) God told the prophet to stay in Nineveh.
3. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
4. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
(d) Prophetic religion.
5. What are two unique features of a prophet?
(a) Prayer and mercy.
(b) Active cooperation and self-dedication to God.
(c) Forgiveness and suppression of emotion.
(d) Silent subordination and self-love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel contrasts God to other deities, who unlike God, did not have what?
2. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
3. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
4. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
5. When the pathos of God is upon a prophet what happens?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)