|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Marcion?
(a) A Greek.
(b) A Gnostic.
(c) A Jew.
(d) A Christian.
2. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) Expensive habits.
(b) People calling them crazy.
(c) Religious fanatics.
(d) Things that offended God.
3. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
4. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
5. To what does Heschel compare the words of the prophet?
(b) Running water.
(c) A breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
2. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
3. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
4. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
5. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)