|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
(a) An obedience.
(b) A relationship.
(c) An understanding.
(d) An experience of him.
2. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
3. In contrast to the Stoic sage, Heschel characterizes the prophet as what?
(a) Sui generis.
(b) Homo apathetikos.
(c) Homo sapiens.
(d) Homo sympathetikos.
4. What does Heschel call indifference?
5. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to using information from Israel's culture, Heschel uses information from what in order to understand the prophets?
2. How is God's love to man shown?
3. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
4. Whose theory said that the prophets were not talking to God but were making judgments about God's desires from the information they had about God?
5. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)