|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
(a) Religious fervor.
(d) Mental abnormalities.
2. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
(a) Out of love.
(b) Out of fear.
(c) Out of obedience.
(d) Because they want to.
3. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
(a) The work of their own hands.
(c) Golden calves.
(d) Multiple gods.
4. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(b) The enemies.
(c) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
(d) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
5. To what does Heschel compare the words of the prophet?
(c) Running water.
(d) A breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
2. Heschel says that Moses would have taught what kinds of rules of right living to the people?
3. Heschel describes God as what?
4. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
5. What was another name for Hosea?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)