|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
(a) Multiple gods.
(b) Golden calves.
(d) The work of their own hands.
2. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
(a) His wife.
(b) The king.
(c) His son.
(d) The prophet Amos.
3. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
(b) Second Isaiah.
4. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
5. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(a) The covenant.
(d) The promise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who declared ecstasy to be a definitive mark of a prophet?
2. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
3. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
4. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
5. Heschel admits that pathos is both a paradox and what?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)