|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
2. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
(b) The covenant.
3. Heschel describes God as what?
(a) The ultimate source of the universe.
(c) Someone who cannot be described.
(d) The ultimate judge.
4. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) 10 chapters.
(b) Longer than Jeremiah.
(c) Longest book of "The Prophets".
(d) A few chapters.
5. To be a prophet means to identify one's concern with what?
(a) The concern of the king.
(b) The concern of God.
(c) The concern of Israel.
(d) The concern of the prophet's people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In ancient times, Israel only knew God as what?
2. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
3. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
4. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
5. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)