|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
2. What subject area did Philo develop?
(b) Biblical prophecy.
(c) Biblical translations.
(d) Religious sympathy.
3. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
(d) Inward looking.
4. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(c) Intolerant of injustice.
5. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
2. In contrast to the Stoic sage, Heschel characterizes the prophet as what?
3. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
4. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
5. According to Heschel, many parts of the Bible should be looked at as what?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)