|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(a) A change in man's heart and actions.
(c) A change in history.
(d) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
2. What does Heschel describe as not a goal, but a challenge, a commitment, a state of tension?
(b) Prophetic sympathy.
(c) Prophetic ethos.
3. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With a disease.
(b) With a flood.
(c) With fire.
(d) With loss in battle.
4. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Babylonian exile era.
(b) Ancient prophets era.
(c) Prophetic era.
(d) Early Christian era.
5. To what does Heschel compare the words of the prophet?
(c) Running water.
(d) A breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attitude does Heschel take to other points of view that he uses in his book?
2. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
3. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
4. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
5. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)