|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Catholic Bible.
(b) The Jerusalem Bible.
(c) The Protestant Bible.
(d) The Hebrew Bible.
2. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
3. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
4. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
5. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of love.
(b) Promise of redemption.
(c) Promise of future wealth.
(d) Promise of destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two unique features of a prophet?
2. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
3. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
4. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
5. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)