|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To be a prophet means to identify one's concern with what?
(a) The concern of the prophet's people.
(b) The concern of God.
(c) The concern of the king.
(d) The concern of Israel.
2. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(b) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
(c) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(d) The enemies.
3. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
(b) His daughter.
(d) His son.
4. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
(a) Religious fervor.
(c) Mental abnormalities.
5. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
(c) Not all powerful.
(d) Not all knowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
2. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
3. What does Heschel say is an end to indifference?
4. How does Heschel describe freedom?
5. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)