|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
2. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
3. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of redemption.
(b) Promise of love.
(c) Promise of future wealth.
(d) Promise of destruction.
4. When was Marcion expelled from his church?
(a) 150 C.E.
(b) 134 C.E.
(c) 144 C.E.
(d) 100 C.E.
5. Heschel quotes Samuel to show that what was better than sacrifice?
(a) To go to the temple.
(b) To pray.
(c) To honor your father and mother.
(d) To obey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
2. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
3. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
4. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
5. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)