|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did God do after the prophet proclaimed the destruction of Nineveh and the people repented?
(a) God let the people leave Nineveh before he destroyed it.
(b) God told the prophet to stay in Nineveh.
(c) God destroyed Nineveh.
(d) God relented and saved Nineveh.
2. To what does Heschel compare the words of the prophet?
(a) A breeze.
(d) Running water.
3. Who was Marcion?
(a) A Gnostic.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A Jew.
(d) A Greek.
4. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
5. According to Heschel, many parts of the Bible should be looked at as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What cultural/religious doctrines did Philo try to mix in his studies?
2. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
3. Heschel admits that pathos is both a paradox and what?
4. Who was Hezekiah?
5. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)