|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
(d) Second Isaiah.
2. How many children did Hosea have?
3. In what belief is there no grace or repentance for sin, just cause and effect?
4. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
(a) Prophetic religion.
5. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(a) People's lack of understanding.
(c) The king's edicts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say about a reliable diagnosis of the prophets' mental health?
2. What prophet did God send to Nineveh?
3. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
4. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
5. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)