|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
(a) It became the capital of the Assyrian empire.
(b) It prospered.
(c) It fell.
(d) It was the center of culture.
2. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(b) None of the answers is correct..
(c) Because he follows Isaiah.
(d) Because he is never named.
3. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(d) Intolerant of injustice.
4. How many children did Hosea have?
5. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
2. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
3. What does Heschel say about a reliable diagnosis of the prophets' mental health?
4. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
5. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)