Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Good and bad.
(b) Anger and love.
(c) Wrath and justice.
(d) Health and sickness.
2. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) The temple in Jerusalem.
(b) His people.
(c) The covenant.
(d) The land.
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
5. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(b) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
(c) The idolatry of the people.
(d) The lack of listening to the prophets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Hosea have?
2. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
3. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
4. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
5. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)