|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the prophets talk about in addition to God's wrath and judgment?
(a) His knowledge.
(b) His wisdom.
(c) His vengeance.
(d) His love.
2. According to some scholars, the goal should not be pathos but what?
3. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To show Micah's intense nature.
(b) To illustrate God's passions.
(c) To show what the people were like.
(d) To prove Micah is a prophet.
4. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The tone.
(b) The expectancy of behavior.
(c) The mood.
(d) The attitude.
5. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(a) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
(b) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(d) The enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say about a reliable diagnosis of the prophets' mental health?
2. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
3. Heschel contrasts God to other deities, who unlike God, did not have what?
4. Heschel says that Moses would have taught what kinds of rules of right living to the people?
5. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)