|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say about a reliable diagnosis of the prophets' mental health?
(a) It's beyond the reach of the book.
(b) He's not experienced in that area.
(c) It isn't necessary.
(d) It has been done by others.
2. Heschel contends that the prophets were in what state of mind when they received God's call?
(a) State of passivity.
(b) State of madness.
(c) State of ecstasy.
(d) State of consciousness and awareness.
3. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(b) To prove his point.
(c) To provide background.
(d) To show continuity.
4. According to some scholars, the goal should not be pathos but what?
5. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of love.
(b) Promise of destruction.
(c) Promise of future wealth.
(d) Promise of redemption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did God do after the prophet proclaimed the destruction of Nineveh and the people repented?
2. What is the origin of pathos?
3. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
4. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
5. According to Heschel, many parts of the Bible should be looked at as what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)