|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tao mean?
(b) The way.
(c) The only religion.
(d) The person.
2. What prophet did God send to Nineveh?
3. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(a) The promise.
(d) The covenant.
4. What did God do after the prophet proclaimed the destruction of Nineveh and the people repented?
(a) God told the prophet to stay in Nineveh.
(b) God let the people leave Nineveh before he destroyed it.
(c) God destroyed Nineveh.
(d) God relented and saved Nineveh.
5. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
2. To what does Heschel compare the descriptions of prophecy?
3. Heschel contrasts God to other deities, who unlike God, did not have what?
4. Heschel contends that the prophets were in what state of mind when they received God's call?
5. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)