|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what religion do you do away with all feeling and obtain a type of peace?
2. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) A few chapters.
(b) 10 chapters.
(c) Longest book of "The Prophets".
(d) Longer than Jeremiah.
3. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(d) Lovers of evil.
4. Why did some scholars reject the idea of pathos?
(a) Because it didn't involve emotions.
(b) Because it involved emotions.
(c) Because of its origins.
(d) Because it isn't mentioned in the Bible.
5. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
(a) The devil.
(c) The Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel describes God as what?
2. To what does Heschel compare the descriptions of prophecy?
3. What attitude does Heschel take to other points of view that he uses in his book?
4. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
5. What does Heschel say is an end to indifference?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)