|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To show Micah's intense nature.
(b) To show what the people were like.
(c) To prove Micah is a prophet.
(d) To illustrate God's passions.
2. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
(d) The covenant.
3. If ecstasy were a requirement for a prophet, which prophets of the Old Testament would not have been classified as prophets?
(a) Second Isaiah and Habakkuk.
(b) Daniel and Zechariah.
(c) Micah and Jonah.
(d) Moses and Isaiah.
4. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he is never named.
(b) Because he follows Isaiah.
(c) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(d) None of the answers is correct..
5. What attitude does Heschel take to other points of view that he uses in his book?
Short Answer Questions
1. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
2. To what does Heschel compare the descriptions of prophecy?
3. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
4. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
5. What does Heschel say about a reliable diagnosis of the prophets' mental health?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)