|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel contrasts God to other deities, who unlike God, did not have what?
(a) Power to change history.
(b) Power to intervene in people's lives.
(c) Absolute supreme power.
(d) Power to make heaven and earth.
2. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
(b) Righteous and just.
(c) Like people's wrath.
3. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
(a) Egypt and Mesopotamia.
(b) Shiite and Greek.
(c) Egypt and Greek.
(d) Islam and Mesopotamia.
4. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(b) The covenant.
(c) The promise.
5. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
(a) The devil.
(c) The Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
2. Heschel said that some of the beliefs that the prophets were frauds came from an era when people wanted what?
3. How is God's love to man shown?
4. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
5. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)