|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karma?
(a) An opposite to prophetic thinking.
(b) A special relationship to God.
(c) A religion that believes in prophetic thinking.
(d) A way of life.
2. In early Israel, the gift of poetry was regarded as what?
(a) An intellectual gift.
(b) A talent.
(c) A psychic ability.
(d) A gift of the Spirit.
3. One view that Heschel discusses is that an outstanding feature of a poet's consciousness is the sense of being what at the moment of inspiration?
(a) Taken over by another.
(c) In control.
4. According to Heschel, the prophetic act takes place when the prophet is aware of what?
(a) The belief that something is happening to him.
(b) The lack of complete consciousness.
(c) The source of his inspiration is God.
(d) The lack of knowledge about who is the source of his inspiration.
5. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(d) Lovers of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel contrasts God to other deities, who unlike God, did not have what?
2. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
3. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
4. Who said that what a poet writes is beautiful, if it is written with enthusiasm and divine inspiration?
5. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)