|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
(a) Filled with tears and joy.
(b) Filled with death and destruction.
(c) Filled with repentance.
(d) Filled with doom and hope.
2. What does Heschel call indifference?
3. Whose theory said that the prophets were not talking to God but were making judgments about God's desires from the information they had about God?
4. To what does Heschel compare the descriptions of prophecy?
(a) Religious literature.
(c) Grace and holiness.
(d) Religious fervor.
5. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
(a) He does not see depicting God as a problem.
(b) That we can't depict Him.
(c) That we try to depict Him at all.
(d) That we don't know how to depict Him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Karma?
2. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
3. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
4. Another theory regarding the inspiration of the prophets regarded the prophetic act as what?
5. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)