|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The situation.
(b) The king.
(c) The weather.
(d) The people.
2. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
(b) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(c) The idolatry of the people.
(d) The lack of listening to the prophets.
3. What was Micah's message?
(a) Sweetness and light.
(b) Doom and destruction.
(c) Love and generosity.
(d) Hope and forgiveness.
4. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
5. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) The land.
(b) His people.
(c) The covenant.
(d) The temple in Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel looks at the theory of ecstasy but limits it to what?
2. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
3. In early Israel, the gift of poetry was regarded as what?
4. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
5. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)