|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karma?
(a) An opposite to prophetic thinking.
(b) A way of life.
(c) A special relationship to God.
(d) A religion that believes in prophetic thinking.
2. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(a) Lovers of evil.
3. In early Israel, the gift of poetry was regarded as what?
(a) A gift of the Spirit.
(b) A psychic ability.
(c) A talent.
(d) An intellectual gift.
4. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
(a) Not all powerful.
(c) Not all knowing.
5. Who said that what a poet writes is beautiful, if it is written with enthusiasm and divine inspiration?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel looks at the theory of ecstasy but limits it to what?
2. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
3. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
4. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
5. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)