|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to using information from Israel's culture, Heschel uses information from what in order to understand the prophets?
(a) Islamic culture.
(b) Greek culture.
(c) Cult of the Balaam.
(d) Egyptian culture.
2. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
(a) Islam and Mesopotamia.
(b) Egypt and Greek.
(c) Shiite and Greek.
(d) Egypt and Mesopotamia.
3. What does Tao mean?
(a) The person.
(b) The way.
(d) The only religion.
4. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) None of the answers is correct..
(b) Because he is never named.
(c) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(d) Because he follows Isaiah.
5. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
(b) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(c) The idolatry of the people.
(d) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
2. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
3. According to Heschel, the prophetic act takes place when the prophet is aware of what?
4. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
5. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)