|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
(a) Islam and Mesopotamia.
(b) Egypt and Mesopotamia.
(c) Shiite and Greek.
(d) Egypt and Greek.
2. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
(a) He does not see depicting God as a problem.
(b) That we can't depict Him.
(c) That we try to depict Him at all.
(d) That we don't know how to depict Him.
3. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their time and place.
(b) To their families.
(c) To their religion.
(d) To their countrymen.
4. If ecstasy were a requirement for a prophet, which prophets of the Old Testament would not have been classified as prophets?
(a) Daniel and Zechariah.
(b) Second Isaiah and Habakkuk.
(c) Micah and Jonah.
(d) Moses and Isaiah.
5. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(b) Lovers of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking about the inspiration for poetry, who says "One does not ask who gives."
2. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
3. What is Karma?
4. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
5. What did the prophets talk about in addition to God's wrath and judgment?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)