|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another theory regarding the inspiration of the prophets regarded the prophetic act as what?
(a) An act of poetic creation.
(b) An act of madness.
(c) An act of unconsciousness.
(d) An act of rebellion.
2. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
(a) He does not see depicting God as a problem.
(b) That we don't know how to depict Him.
(c) That we try to depict Him at all.
(d) That we can't depict Him.
3. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
(c) The covenant.
4. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
(b) People who were not worshipping their God.
(c) People who did not understand their God.
(d) People who were turning away from God.
5. What does Heschel believe drives a person's desire for ecstasy?
(a) Desire to leave the every day world.
(b) Desire to be connected to gods.
(c) Desire to pray more deeply.
(d) Desire to be different.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
2. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
3. Heschel looks at the theory of ecstasy but limits it to what?
4. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
5. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)