|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose theory said that the prophets were not talking to God but were making judgments about God's desires from the information they had about God?
2. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(d) Lovers of evil.
3. Heschel looks at the theory of ecstasy but limits it to what?
(a) The post-exilic prophets.
(b) The literary prophets.
(c) Old Testament prophets.
(d) Early prophets.
4. In what religion do you do away with all feeling and obtain a type of peace?
5. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
(a) Not all knowing.
(c) Not all powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
2. What does Heschel believe drives a person's desire for ecstasy?
3. What does Heschel say about a reliable diagnosis of the prophets' mental health?
4. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
5. Heschel contrasts God to other deities, who unlike God, did not have what?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)