|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attitude does Heschel take to other points of view that he uses in his book?
2. In addition to using information from Israel's culture, Heschel uses information from what in order to understand the prophets?
(a) Islamic culture.
(b) Greek culture.
(c) Cult of the Balaam.
(d) Egyptian culture.
3. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(a) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(b) The enemies.
(d) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
4. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
5. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(b) To prove his point.
(c) To show continuity.
(d) To provide background.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
2. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
3. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
4. What is the origin of pathos?
5. Heschel describes God as what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)