|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to some scholars, the goal should not be pathos but what?
2. Heschel contends that the prophets were in what state of mind when they received God's call?
(a) State of madness.
(b) State of consciousness and awareness.
(c) State of ecstasy.
(d) State of passivity.
3. Heschel says that Moses would have taught what kinds of rules of right living to the people?
(a) Simple rules.
(b) Bizarre rules.
(c) Complex rules.
(d) Unusual rules.
4. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
(a) Mental abnormalities.
(c) Religious fervor.
5. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
(a) Why do you call me?
(b) What do you want me to do?
(c) Where are you?
(d) How long and why?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
2. Another theory regarding the inspiration of the prophets regarded the prophetic act as what?
3. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
4. According to Heschel, the prophetic act takes place when the prophet is aware of what?
5. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)