|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel said that some of the beliefs that the prophets were frauds came from an era when people wanted what?
2. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
(d) The covenant.
3. What attitude does Heschel take to other points of view that he uses in his book?
4. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The man and his life.
(b) The situation.
(c) The way the message is presented.
(d) The words themselves.
5. One view that Heschel discusses is that an outstanding feature of a poet's consciousness is the sense of being what at the moment of inspiration?
(a) Taken over by another.
(b) In control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed with Second Isaiah?
2. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
3. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
4. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
5. What was Micah's message?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)