|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
(a) It was the center of culture.
(b) It fell.
(c) It became the capital of the Assyrian empire.
(d) It prospered.
2. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
3. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The expectancy of behavior.
(b) The tone.
(c) The attitude.
(d) The mood.
4. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(a) The covenant.
(b) The promise.
5. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
(b) Not all powerful.
(c) Not all knowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
2. What does Tao mean?
3. One theory for prophets and their inspiration is that they had madness in them that led to what?
4. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
5. In addition to using information from Israel's culture, Heschel uses information from what in order to understand the prophets?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)