|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
2. When did Heschel examine the state of mind of the prophets with respect to the theory of ecstasy?
(a) When they were prophesying.
(b) When they were praying.
(c) When they were speaking.
(d) When they were receiving the words of God.
3. One theory for prophets and their inspiration is that they had madness in them that led to what?
(a) The belief that they had a job to do.
(b) The desire to be great.
(c) A psychic ability.
(d) The belief that God talked to them.
4. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
(a) It prospered.
(b) It fell.
(c) It became the capital of the Assyrian empire.
(d) It was the center of culture.
5. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) A few chapters.
(b) Longer than Jeremiah.
(c) Longest book of "The Prophets".
(d) 10 chapters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
2. What changed with Second Isaiah?
3. What does Heschel say is an end to indifference?
4. Heschel looks at the theory of ecstasy but limits it to what?
5. What does Tao mean?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)