|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If ecstasy were a requirement for a prophet, which prophets of the Old Testament would not have been classified as prophets?
(a) Second Isaiah and Habakkuk.
(b) Moses and Isaiah.
(c) Daniel and Zechariah.
(d) Micah and Jonah.
2. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
3. In addition to using information from Israel's culture, Heschel uses information from what in order to understand the prophets?
(a) Cult of the Balaam.
(b) Islamic culture.
(c) Egyptian culture.
(d) Greek culture.
4. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The devil.
5. From what civilization do we get the legacy that great poetry comes into being through madness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
2. What was Micah's message?
3. What attitude does Heschel take to other points of view that he uses in his book?
4. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
5. To what does Heschel compare the descriptions of prophecy?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)