|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose theory said that the prophets were not talking to God but were making judgments about God's desires from the information they had about God?
2. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
3. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(c) Lovers of evil.
4. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(b) The promise.
(c) The covenant.
5. Why did some scholars reject the idea of pathos?
(a) Because it isn't mentioned in the Bible.
(b) Because it didn't involve emotions.
(c) Because of its origins.
(d) Because it involved emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what civilization do we get the legacy that great poetry comes into being through madness?
2. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
3. What does Heschel call indifference?
4. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
5. What is Karma?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)