|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is anthropopathy?
(b) The attribution of human qualities to animals.
(c) The attribution of human qualities to gods.
(d) The attribution of God-like qualities to humans.
2. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
(a) It fell.
(b) It was the center of culture.
(c) It prospered.
(d) It became the capital of the Assyrian empire.
3. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
4. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
(b) Religious fervor.
(d) Mental abnormalities.
5. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(a) Ill health.
(c) Lack of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
2. What did God do after the prophet proclaimed the destruction of Nineveh and the people repented?
3. What is Karma?
4. One theory for prophets and their inspiration is that they had madness in them that led to what?
5. If ecstasy were a requirement for a prophet, which prophets of the Old Testament would not have been classified as prophets?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)