|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking about the inspiration for poetry, who says "One does not ask who gives."
2. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
(b) Religious fervor.
(d) Mental abnormalities.
3. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
(a) It fell.
(b) It became the capital of the Assyrian empire.
(c) It prospered.
(d) It was the center of culture.
4. Heschel contends that the prophets were in what state of mind when they received God's call?
(a) State of ecstasy.
(b) State of consciousness and awareness.
(c) State of madness.
(d) State of passivity.
5. What was Micah's message?
(a) Doom and destruction.
(b) Sweetness and light.
(c) Hope and forgiveness.
(d) Love and generosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel call indifference?
2. From what civilization do we get the legacy that great poetry comes into being through madness?
3. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
4. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
5. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)