|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Heschel compare the descriptions of prophecy?
(a) Religious fervor.
(c) Grace and holiness.
(d) Religious literature.
2. What did God do after the prophet proclaimed the destruction of Nineveh and the people repented?
(a) God relented and saved Nineveh.
(b) God told the prophet to stay in Nineveh.
(c) God destroyed Nineveh.
(d) God let the people leave Nineveh before he destroyed it.
3. According to Heschel, the prophetic act takes place when the prophet is aware of what?
(a) The lack of knowledge about who is the source of his inspiration.
(b) The source of his inspiration is God.
(c) The belief that something is happening to him.
(d) The lack of complete consciousness.
4. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
(a) The devil.
(d) The Greeks.
5. Whose theory said that the prophets were not talking to God but were making judgments about God's desires from the information they had about God?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
2. One theory for prophets and their inspiration is that they had madness in them that led to what?
3. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
4. According to some scholars, the goal should not be pathos but what?
5. What is the origin of pathos?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)