|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(b) The idolatry of the people.
(c) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(d) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
2. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
(b) Not all knowing.
(c) Not all powerful.
3. What did God do after the prophet proclaimed the destruction of Nineveh and the people repented?
(a) God let the people leave Nineveh before he destroyed it.
(b) God destroyed Nineveh.
(c) God relented and saved Nineveh.
(d) God told the prophet to stay in Nineveh.
4. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(d) Lovers of evil.
5. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, many parts of the Bible should be looked at as what?
2. Heschel says that Moses would have taught what kinds of rules of right living to the people?
3. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
4. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
5. What does Tao mean?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)