|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say is an end to indifference?
(c) Right thinking.
2. Heschel says that Moses would have taught what kinds of rules of right living to the people?
(a) Bizarre rules.
(b) Complex rules.
(c) Unusual rules.
(d) Simple rules.
3. What is Karma?
(a) A religion that believes in prophetic thinking.
(b) A special relationship to God.
(c) A way of life.
(d) An opposite to prophetic thinking.
4. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
(a) Like people's wrath.
(c) Righteous and just.
5. What is the origin of pathos?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
2. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
3. In what belief is there no grace or repentance for sin, just cause and effect?
4. Heschel contends that the prophets were in what state of mind when they received God's call?
5. According to Heschel, many parts of the Bible should be looked at as what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)