|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karma?
(a) A way of life.
(b) A special relationship to God.
(c) An opposite to prophetic thinking.
(d) A religion that believes in prophetic thinking.
2. Heschel looks at the theory of ecstasy but limits it to what?
(a) The literary prophets.
(b) The post-exilic prophets.
(c) Old Testament prophets.
(d) Early prophets.
3. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To show Micah's intense nature.
(b) To prove Micah is a prophet.
(c) To show what the people were like.
(d) To illustrate God's passions.
4. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
5. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
2. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
3. Who said that what a poet writes is beautiful, if it is written with enthusiasm and divine inspiration?
4. One theory for prophets and their inspiration is that they had madness in them that led to what?
5. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)