|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
2. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
3. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
4. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
5. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the use of symbolism in "The Pale King". Consider the significant jobs in the IRS REC, the IRS van, the pre-employment house and other important objects.
Essay Topic 2
What role do nameless characters play in this novel? Consider how they affect the plot and the other characters in the novel. How do these nameless characters influence the major themes?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the purpose and role of supernatural powers in this novel. How are psychic abilities used in the novel? How are phantoms used?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)