|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what does the narrator describe?
2. How does Cusk feel when he returns from his break in Chapter 27?
3. What IRS hiring event takes place in Chapter 27?
4. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
5. In Chapter 24, what level does David say he was hired into the IRS as?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of boredom in this novel. How does the author try to influence his readers' opinions about boredom?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the use of symbolism in "The Pale King". Consider the significant jobs in the IRS REC, the IRS van, the pre-employment house and other important objects.
Essay Topic 3
How do characters remain the same as they age? How do they change? Compare and contrast the characters who change vs. those who remain the same. What message does this deliver about childhood and the transition into adulthood?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)