Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
2. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
3. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
4. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
5. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
Essay Topic 1
What is the effect of the loosely connected characters of "The Pale King" on the development of the plot? What is the relationship between plot and characterization?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the use of nick names and code words in the IRS. What do these terms suggest about the agency? What do they reveal about the IRS employees? How do they influence the setting of the IRS REC?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the use of post-modernism techniques. Consider the unique text layouts, formats, footnotes, columns, interviews, etc. How do these textual features affect the development of this novel?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)