Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
2. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
3. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
4. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
5. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
How is characterization accomplished in this novel? Consider the fact that characters will appear in one chapter and not again for several chapters. Consider how many of the characters interact with minor and unnamed characters. Also, how is characterization accomplished in chapters that exist to develop the IRS and setting only?
Examine the use of dialogue vs the use of description. Look at how each is used in the novel and what makes these uses effective or ineffective.
Analyze the use of symbolism in "The Pale King". Consider the significant jobs in the IRS REC, the IRS van, the pre-employment house and other important objects.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)