|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes in Chapter 25?
2. In Chapter 35, what worries the narrator?
3. In Chapter 30, what stands out most to Sylvanshine about Glendenning?
4. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
5. Where is Sylvanshine in Chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author create setting throughout this novel? How does the IRS become a driving force behind the creation of setting? What makes the setting of this novel important to the novel as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of dialogue vs the use of description. Look at how each is used in the novel and what makes these uses effective or ineffective.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the use of nick names and code words in the IRS. What do these terms suggest about the agency? What do they reveal about the IRS employees? How do they influence the setting of the IRS REC?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)