|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
2. What does Chapter 34 consist of?
3. Where does David say he lived after he was hired by the IRS?
4. In Chapter 30, what is Sylvanshine's job?
5. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
Essay Topic 1
What role do nameless characters play in this novel? Consider how they affect the plot and the other characters in the novel. How do these nameless characters influence the major themes?
Essay Topic 2
How do characters remain the same as they age? How do they change? Compare and contrast the characters who change vs. those who remain the same. What message does this deliver about childhood and the transition into adulthood?
Essay Topic 3
Knowing that "The Pale King" is unfinished, how does this influence the novel? What impact does this have on the development of the plot and the characters? How does the inclusion of author notes influence these things?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)