|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of psychic is Claude?
(a) A fraud psychic.
(b) A fact psychic.
(c) An emotion psychic.
(d) An animal psychic.
2. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author say is good at hiding things?
(a) Ugly things.
(c) Complicated things.
(d) Large things.
3. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
4. Why does Lowtis confront his neighbor in Chapter 20?
(a) Because of lost mail.
(b) Because of overgrown grass.
(c) Because of a robbery.
(d) Because of a barking dog.
5. In Chapter 9, who does the author say did most of the editing of this novel?
(b) The publisher.
(c) His editor.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is meant to review the interviews in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 16, how does Lane feel toward his job?
3. What title does Lane Dean Jr. have in Chapter 16?
4. How do higher temperatures affect the character in Chapter 13?
5. What does Stecyk deliver in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the girl and her mother get away in Chapter 8?
2. Why does the author claim this novel is memoir in Chapter 9?
3. While describing Stecyk in Chapter 12, what does the narrator comment on about the boy's future?
4. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the boy's mother?
5. What does Stecyk try to do in Chapter 12?
6. What makes Claude happy in Chapter 2?
7. In Chapter 16, what does Lane Dean Jr.'s character reveal about the work of the IRS?
8. Why do people dislike the boy in Chapter 5?
9. In the beginning of this novel, how does Claude feel about his job?
10. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is wrong with his publisher?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)