|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the character who sweats in Chapter 13?
2. What type of psychic is Claude?
(a) An animal psychic.
(b) A fraud psychic.
(c) An emotion psychic.
(d) A fact psychic.
3. How is Chapter 11 constructed?
(a) As an interview.
(b) As a case study.
(c) As a script.
(d) As a list.
4. How does Chapter 1 explain the plot of this novel?
(a) It doesn't.
(b) It creates a strong setting.
(c) It describes the main characters.
(d) It discusses the major themes.
5. How does the author represent questions during the interviews in Chapter 14?
(a) He puts all the questions in italics.
(b) He puts all the questions in bold.
(c) He replaced them with the letter Q.
(d) There is no representation of the questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what are IRS jobs compared to?
2. In Chapter 8, who does the girl run away with?
3. What textual feature does Chapter 9 have that is missing from the other chapters?
4. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the genre of this novel?
5. In Chapter 14, why does the narrator say some people are able to speak from the heart during their interviews?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Lane Dean Jr.'s character reveal about the work of the IRS?
2. Why does the author claim this novel is memoir in Chapter 9?
3. How do the characters in Chapter 18 react to Desk Names?
4. In Chapter 19, what seems to be the favored solution to what is wrong with America?
5. How is Chapter 9 different from the rest of the chapters in this novel?
6. Why do people dislike the boy in Chapter 5?
7. How do the girl and her mother get away in Chapter 8?
8. What is Stecyk's job in Chapter 14?
9. How is Claude's psychic ability described in Chapter 15?
10. In Chapter 13, why does the main character pay attention to the way he sits?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)