|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what ranking does Reynolds hold?
2. What does the author say is a lie in Chapter 9?
(a) The book's disclaimer.
(b) The book's title.
(c) The book.
(d) The book's reputation.
3. How old is the man in Chapter 5?
(a) An adult.
(b) A child.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A baby.
4. Why does the author suggest researching government documents in Chapter 9?
(a) To find a job.
(b) To undermine elected officials.
(c) To increase understanding.
(d) To kill time.
5. In Chapter 8, who does the girl run away with?
(a) Her mother's boyfriend.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say was the basis of IRS agent performance review in the past?
2. What title does Lane Dean Jr. have in Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say about getting reposted?
4. Why does Lowtis confront his neighbor in Chapter 20?
5. In Chapter 9, who does the author say did most of the editing of this novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what problem does the main character suffer from?
2. While describing Stecyk in Chapter 12, what does the narrator comment on about the boy's future?
3. What makes Chapter 4 different from Chapters 1-3?
4. How could the interview in Chapter 21 be described?
5. In Chapter 5, how is the boy described?
6. Why does the author talk about the dullness of the IRS in Chapter 9?
7. Why do people dislike the boy in Chapter 5?
8. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is wrong with his publisher?
9. Why does Wallace have to watch the interviews in Chapter 14?
10. How is Claude's psychic ability described in Chapter 15?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)