|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of psychic is Claude?
(a) An animal psychic.
(b) An emotion psychic.
(c) A fraud psychic.
(d) A fact psychic.
2. Why does the author suggest researching government documents in Chapter 9?
(a) To increase understanding.
(b) To kill time.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To undermine elected officials.
3. Why is Lane outside of the office in Chapter 16?
(a) He is in the office.
(b) He is going to court.
(c) It is a lunch break.
(d) It is a weekend.
4. In Chapter 13, what does the author suggest causes the sweat attacks?
(b) Thinking about sweat attacks.
(d) Worry about his love life.
5. Why does the author quote Mr. Glendenning in Chapter 9?
(a) As a fan.
(b) As a fellow writer.
(c) As an authority figure.
(d) As a liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claude speak to Merrill in Chapter 2?
2. What does RECs stand for?
3. What textual feature does Chapter 9 have that is missing from the other chapters?
4. How does the author describe the man in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 7, who gets on a the minibus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Chapter 4 different from Chapters 1-3?
2. What is Stecyk's job in Chapter 14?
3. How do the girl and her mother get away in Chapter 8?
4. Why do people dislike the boy in Chapter 5?
5. What is the purpose of Chapter 11?
6. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is wrong with his publisher?
7. What makes Claude happy in Chapter 2?
8. What types of information does the author provide via interview in Chapter 14?
9. What point does the author make about the "information society" in Chapter 9?
10. In the beginning of this novel, how does Claude feel about his job?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)