|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, how does Lane feel toward his job?
2. What does Chapter 4 consist of?
(a) A magazine cover.
(b) A broadcast edit.
(c) A page from a play.
(d) A news article.
3. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say was the basis of IRS agent performance review in the past?
(a) The amount of money collected.
(b) The amount of vacation days they did not take.
(c) Their ability to pay their own taxes.
(d) The speed at which they finished returns.
4. What textual feature does Chapter 9 have that is missing from the other chapters?
(d) In-text citations.
5. How old is the character who sweats in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does the author point out about televisions?
2. In Chapter 2, what ranking does Reynolds hold?
3. In Chapter 14, what is the IRS revealed to have been in the past?
4. What does the author say is a lie in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 7, who gets on a the minibus?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how is the boy described?
2. How is Chapter 9 different from the rest of the chapters in this novel?
3. Why does the author claim this novel is memoir in Chapter 9?
4. How do the characters in Chapter 18 react to Desk Names?
5. In Chapter 13, why does the main character pay attention to the way he sits?
6. While describing Stecyk in Chapter 12, what does the narrator comment on about the boy's future?
7. How could the interview in Chapter 21 be described?
8. In Chapter 10, how does the author explain the existence of the bureaucratic systems he describes?
9. What is the purpose of Chapter 11?
10. What point does the author make about the "information society" in Chapter 9?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)