|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does the author suggest causes the sweat attacks?
(a) Worry about his love life.
(d) Thinking about sweat attacks.
2. How does the author identify the men in Chapter 3?
(a) He just describes them physically.
(b) He uses their middle names.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) He uses their last names.
3. What is described in Chapter 10?
(a) Bureaucratic systems.
(b) The IRS.
(c) Influential literature.
(d) Government hierarchy.
4. In Chapter 14, why is Spackman mentioned?
(a) Because of his memo.
(b) Because of his interview.
(c) Because of his power.
(d) Because of his quitting.
5. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author say is good at hiding things?
(b) Complicated things.
(c) Large things.
(d) Ugly things.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what does the interviewer seem most interested in?
2. What year is given to the interview files in Chapter 14?
3. How old is the character who sweats in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
5. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say about getting reposted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Stecyk's job in Chapter 14?
2. How do the characters in Chapter 18 react to Desk Names?
3. How do the girl and her mother get away in Chapter 8?
4. While describing Stecyk in Chapter 12, what does the narrator comment on about the boy's future?
5. In the beginning of this novel, how does Claude feel about his job?
6. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the boy's mother?
7. In Chapter 13, why does the main character pay attention to the way he sits?
8. What makes Claude happy in Chapter 2?
9. Why do people dislike the boy in Chapter 5?
10. What does Stecyk try to do in Chapter 12?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)