|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the interviews in Chapter 14 described?
2. In Chapter 10, who justifies the role of large organizations?
(a) The organizations themselves.
(b) The author himself.
(c) The government.
(d) No one.
3. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
4. What does the author say is a lie in Chapter 9?
(a) The book.
(b) The book's disclaimer.
(c) The book's title.
(d) The book's reputation.
5. In Chapter 18, why do agents use Desk Names?
(a) They don't use Desk Names.
(b) Because they have to.
(c) To play tricks on each other.
(d) To feel powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the man's mother?
2. In Chapter 6, what upsets Dean most about his relationship with his girlfriend?
3. In Chapter 9, who does the author say did most of the editing of this novel?
4. How does Claude's ranking compare with Reynold's ranking in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 13, what part of the character's body is not affected by the sweat attacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Claude happy in Chapter 2?
2. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
3. Why does the author claim this novel is memoir in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 27, why is the word "profitable" not used officially?
5. How do the girl and her mother get away in Chapter 8?
6. In Chapter 5, how is the boy described?
7. Why do people dislike the boy in Chapter 5?
8. In Chapter 46, what is strange about Shane?
9. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is wrong with his publisher?
10. While describing Stecyk in Chapter 12, what does the narrator comment on about the boy's future?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)