|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe the man in Chapter 5?
(a) As being an over-achiever.
(b) As lacking any motivation.
(c) As excelling in literary arts.
(d) As being shy.
2. How does the author represent questions during the interviews in Chapter 14?
(a) He replaced them with the letter Q.
(b) There is no representation of the questions.
(c) He puts all the questions in italics.
(d) He puts all the questions in bold.
3. In Chapter 15, how are Claude's psychic moments described?
(a) As being random.
(b) As being helpful in work.
(c) As being annoying.
(d) As being harmful to his personal life.
4. What is the main topic of Chapter 11?
(a) Side effects of medicine.
(b) Physical violence in government workers.
(c) Dangers caused by infectious disease.
(d) Illness associated with working for the IRS.
5. What does the author say is a lie in Chapter 9?
(a) The book.
(b) The book's disclaimer.
(c) The book's reputation.
(d) The book's title.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does the author single out the year 1985?
2. In Chapter 13, what part of the character's body is not affected by the sweat attacks?
3. In Chapter 14, why is Spackman mentioned?
4. In Chapter 6, what upsets Dean most about his relationship with his girlfriend?
5. What title does Lane Dean Jr. have in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters in Chapter 18 react to Desk Names?
2. Why does the author claim this novel is memoir in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Dean marry Sheri in Chapter 6?
4. What is Stecyk's job in Chapter 14?
5. What is the purpose of Chapter 11?
6. How do the girl and her mother get away in Chapter 8?
7. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is wrong with his publisher?
8. In the beginning of this novel, how does Claude feel about his job?
9. What makes Claude happy in Chapter 2?
10. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the first few pages of any book?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)