Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claude know Reynolds?
(a) They lived on the same block growing up.
(b) They used to be roommates.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They used to work together.
2. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
3. In Chapter 16, how does Lane feel toward his job?
4. In Chapter 9, what name does the author give the society he lives in.
(a) Information society.
(b) Entertainment society.
(c) Government society.
(d) Game society.
5. Why doesn't Dean break up with his girlfriend in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he is afraid to go home.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) Because she is pregnant.
(d) Because he wants to make her mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author say he was given a new social security number?
2. How does the author describe the man in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 9, who does the author say did most of the editing of this novel?
4. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the man's mother?
5. In Chapter 13, what does the character try to attribute his sweating to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, why does David take a long time getting to the train?
2. Why does Wallace have to watch the interviews in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 5, how is the boy described?
4. Why does Sylvanshine talk to Reynolds over the phone in Chapter 30?
5. How do the girl and her mother get away in Chapter 8?
6. How is Chapter 9 different from the rest of the chapters in this novel?
7. In Chapter 39, what story is told about Stecyk?
8. In Chapter 22, what details does David give to explain his parents' divorce?
9. In Chapter 13, why does the main character pay attention to the way he sits?
10. Why doesn't David exit the van in Chapter 24 with the other people?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)