|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lowtis confront his neighbor in Chapter 20?
(a) Because of a robbery.
(b) Because of lost mail.
(c) Because of overgrown grass.
(d) Because of a barking dog.
2. In Chapter 21, what does the interviewer seem most interested in?
(a) Upholding tax law.
(b) Getting out of work early.
(c) Collecting money.
(d) Making a new friend.
3. In Chapter 2, where does Claude allude to previously working?
(b) New York City.
(d) Washington D.C.
4. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the man's mother?
(a) She attempted suicide.
(b) She was in a car accident.
(c) She caught a terrible disease.
(d) She ran away from home.
5. How does the author identify the men in Chapter 3?
(a) He just describes them physically.
(b) He uses their middle names.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) He uses their last names.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what name does the author give the society he lives in.
2. How are the interviews in Chapter 14 described?
3. What are Desk Names, as defined in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 17, what are IRS jobs compared to?
5. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say about getting reposted?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is wrong with his publisher?
2. What does Stecyk try to do in Chapter 12?
3. Why does the author claim this novel is memoir in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the first few pages of any book?
5. How could the interview in Chapter 21 be described?
6. How is Claude's psychic ability described in Chapter 15?
7. How do the characters in Chapter 18 react to Desk Names?
8. What is Stecyk's job in Chapter 14?
9. Why do people dislike the boy in Chapter 5?
10. Why does Dean marry Sheri in Chapter 6?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)