|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the character in Chapter 13 do when a sweat attack begins in public?
(a) He makes a joke.
(b) He tries to hide.
(c) He takes off his shirt.
(d) He lies on the ground.
2. In Chapter 15, how are Claude's psychic moments described?
(a) As being annoying.
(b) As being harmful to his personal life.
(c) As being random.
(d) As being helpful in work.
3. What does Stecyk deliver in Chapter 12?
(a) ZIP code books.
(b) Change of address cards.
(c) Business directories.
(d) Phone books.
4. How do higher temperatures affect the character in Chapter 13?
(a) Sometimes they make him sweat less.
(b) Sometimes they make him sweat more.
(c) They make him tired.
(d) They cause him to panic.
5. In Chapter 14, what is the IRS revealed to have been in the past?
(a) A minor subgroup of a different agency.
(b) A part of the defense organization.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) A law enforcement agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Dean break up with his girlfriend in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 9, who does the author say did most of the editing of this novel?
3. Why does Claude speak to Merrill in Chapter 2?
4. How old is the man in Chapter 5?
5. What is described in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Chapter 20 confusing in the construction of this novel?
2. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the boy's mother?
3. How is Claude's psychic ability described in Chapter 15?
4. How does Stecyk change from Chapter 12 to Chapter 14?
5. Why does Dean marry Sheri in Chapter 6?
6. What makes Chapter 4 different from Chapters 1-3?
7. What is Stecyk's job in Chapter 14?
8. Why does Wallace have to watch the interviews in Chapter 14?
9. What does Stecyk try to do in Chapter 12?
10. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is wrong with his publisher?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)