|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author present the quoted interviews in Chapter 14?
(a) By last name.
(b) There is no order.
(c) By date of birth.
(d) By social security number.
2. In the beginning Chapter 6, how old is Dean?
(a) A baby.
(b) An adult.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A child.
3. Why does the author quote Mr. Glendenning in Chapter 9?
(a) As a fan.
(b) As a fellow writer.
(c) As an authority figure.
(d) As a liar.
4. In Chapter 2, what ranking does Reynolds hold?
5. In Chapter 15, how are Claude's psychic moments described?
(a) As being random.
(b) As being helpful in work.
(c) As being annoying.
(d) As being harmful to his personal life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Chapter 11 constructed?
2. In Chapter 16, how does Lane feel toward his job?
3. What name does the author give himself in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 19, how are the speakers identified?
5. Why does Stecyk appear trustworthy in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dean marry Sheri in Chapter 6?
2. While describing Stecyk in Chapter 12, what does the narrator comment on about the boy's future?
3. What makes Chapter 20 confusing in the construction of this novel?
4. How could the interview in Chapter 21 be described?
5. What makes Claude happy in Chapter 2?
6. Why do people dislike the boy in Chapter 5?
7. How is Claude's psychic ability described in Chapter 15?
8. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the boy's mother?
9. How do the girl and her mother get away in Chapter 8?
10. What makes Chapter 4 different from Chapters 1-3?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)