|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author suggest researching government documents in Chapter 9?
(a) To find a job.
(b) To kill time.
(c) To increase understanding.
(d) To undermine elected officials.
2. What are Desk Names, as defined in Chapter 18?
(a) The agents' middle names.
(b) Government given names.
(c) Made up names.
(d) Inverted last names.
3. In Chapter 8, who does the girl run away with?
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her mother's boyfriend.
4. In Chapter 14, why is Spackman mentioned?
(a) Because of his power.
(b) Because of his quitting.
(c) Because of his memo.
(d) Because of his interview.
5. How does Claude's ranking compare with Reynold's ranking in Chapter 2?
(a) Claude's is higher.
(b) Claude's is lower.
(c) They are ranked differently and can't be compared.
(d) Claude's is the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
2. What does the author say is a lie in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 14, what rank do the prebriefer's have?
4. What does Stecyk deliver in Chapter 12?
5. Why does Claude speak to Merrill in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wallace have to watch the interviews in Chapter 14?
2. What makes Chapter 20 confusing in the construction of this novel?
3. What does Stecyk try to do in Chapter 12?
4. Why does the author claim this novel is memoir in Chapter 9?
5. What makes Chapter 4 different from Chapters 1-3?
6. How is Claude's psychic ability described in Chapter 15?
7. Why does Dean marry Sheri in Chapter 6?
8. How is Chapter 9 different from the rest of the chapters in this novel?
9. How do the girl and her mother get away in Chapter 8?
10. What makes Claude happy in Chapter 2?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)