Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who gets on a the minibus?
2. How does Stecyk's neighbors react to him in Chapter 12?
(a) They are annoyed.
(b) They are pleased.
(c) They run away from him.
(d) They laugh at him.
3. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
4. How does the author present the quoted interviews in Chapter 14?
(a) By last name.
(b) By social security number.
(c) By date of birth.
(d) There is no order.
5. Why is the taxpayer being interviewed in Chapter 21?
(a) To return money to them.
(b) To get them to pay taxes.
(c) To play a trick on them.
(d) To confuse them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is given to the interview files in Chapter 14?
2. What does the character in Chapter 13 do when a sweat attack begins in public?
3. In Chapter 15, how are Claude's psychic moments described?
4. How is Chapter 11 constructed?
5. In Chapter 13, what happens when the character tries to hide his sweating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are IRS phantoms?
2. In Chapter 22, what details does David give to explain his parents' divorce?
3. How does David describe the van ride after he is hired by the IRS?
4. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the boy's mother?
5. What does Stecyk try to do in Chapter 12?
6. Why does David feel he wasted his youth in Chapter 22?
7. What concerns Lane Dean Jr. most about the work he does in Chapter 33?
8. In Chapter 22, what reason does David give for going to the IRS for a job?
9. What is Chapter 25 about?
10. In Chapter 13, why does the main character pay attention to the way he sits?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)