|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claude know Reynolds?
(a) They lived on the same block growing up.
(b) They used to be roommates.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They used to work together.
2. In Chapter 8, who does the girl run away with?
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her mother's boyfriend.
3. How does Claude's ranking compare with Reynold's ranking in Chapter 2?
(a) Claude's is higher.
(b) Claude's is lower.
(c) Claude's is the same.
(d) They are ranked differently and can't be compared.
4. In Chapter 16, how does Lane feel toward his job?
5. What is Merrill's middle name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does RECs stand for?
2. How does Lowtis feel in Chapter 20?
3. What is revealed to be a joke in Chapter 14?
4. How old is the character who sweats in Chapter 13?
5. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author question?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Chapter 20 confusing in the construction of this novel?
2. How could the interview in Chapter 21 be described?
3. In Chapter 19, what seems to be the favored solution to what is wrong with America?
4. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the first few pages of any book?
5. In Chapter 13, what problem does the main character suffer from?
6. Why does Wallace have to watch the interviews in Chapter 14?
7. In Chapter 5, how is the boy described?
8. In Chapter 10, how does the author explain the existence of the bureaucratic systems he describes?
9. What is Stecyk's job in Chapter 14?
10. Why does Dean marry Sheri in Chapter 6?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)