|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Claude Sylvanshine work for?
(a) The IRS.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The ATF.
(d) The CIA.
2. Why does Claude speak to Merrill in Chapter 2?
(a) About a financial crisis.
(b) About a hiring problem.
(c) About a business disaster.
(d) About a safety flaw.
3. How does Lowtis feel in Chapter 20?
4. In Chapter 9, where does the author say he kept his notes for this novel?
(b) His wallet.
(c) In a secret safe.
(d) Computer files.
5. What does the character in Chapter 13 do when a sweat attack begins in public?
(a) He makes a joke.
(b) He takes off his shirt.
(c) He tries to hide.
(d) He lies on the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stecyk deliver in Chapter 12?
2. What feeling does the author add to Mr. Glendenning's quote in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
4. How are the interviews in Chapter 14 described?
5. Why does Lowtis confront his neighbor in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stecyk change from Chapter 12 to Chapter 14?
2. What makes Chapter 4 different from Chapters 1-3?
3. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the boy's mother?
4. In the beginning of this novel, how does Claude feel about his job?
5. In Chapter 13, what problem does the main character suffer from?
6. In Chapter 16, what does Lane Dean Jr.'s character reveal about the work of the IRS?
7. What is the purpose of Chapter 11?
8. How could the interview in Chapter 21 be described?
9. What types of information does the author provide via interview in Chapter 14?
10. How do the characters in Chapter 18 react to Desk Names?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)