|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, where does the author say he kept his notes for this novel?
(a) His wallet.
(b) In a secret safe.
(c) Computer files.
2. What is revealed to be a joke in Chapter 14?
(a) The head of the IRS.
(b) The role of women in the IRS.
(c) Some previous IRS protocols.
(d) The previous president.
3. In Chapter 14, what is the IRS revealed to have been in the past?
(a) A law enforcement agency.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) A part of the defense organization.
(d) A minor subgroup of a different agency.
4. Why does Claude speak to Merrill in Chapter 2?
(a) About a safety flaw.
(b) About a business disaster.
(c) About a financial crisis.
(d) About a hiring problem.
5. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is the IRS' biggest strength?
(a) Being a government agency.
(b) Being dull.
(c) Being educated.
(d) Being run by men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, how are Claude's psychic moments described?
2. In Chapter 9, what year does the author say it is?
3. In Chapter 18, why do agents use Desk Names?
4. What does Stecyk deliver in Chapter 12?
5. How does the author present the quoted interviews in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wallace have to watch the interviews in Chapter 14?
2. What point does the author make about the "information society" in Chapter 9?
3. What does Stecyk try to do in Chapter 12?
4. In Chapter 13, what problem does the main character suffer from?
5. How do the girl and her mother get away in Chapter 8?
6. What is Stecyk's job in Chapter 14?
7. What types of information does the author provide via interview in Chapter 14?
8. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the first few pages of any book?
9. How does Stecyk change from Chapter 12 to Chapter 14?
10. What makes Chapter 4 different from Chapters 1-3?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)