|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does the author point out about televisions?
(a) They are government run.
(b) They are everywhere.
(c) They are getting larger.
(d) They are frightening to him.
2. In Chapter 19, what is one main reason given for the problems of America?
(a) Too many government employees.
(b) Not enough private sector jobs.
(c) A lack of Civics classes in school.
(d) A lack of immigration controls.
3. How does Chapter 1 explain the plot of this novel?
(a) It creates a strong setting.
(b) It describes the main characters.
(c) It discusses the major themes.
(d) It doesn't.
4. In Chapter 6, what upsets Dean most about his relationship with his girlfriend?
(a) Their lack of money.
(b) Their distance from each other.
(c) Their arguments.
(d) Their personal beliefs.
5. Why is the taxpayer being interviewed in Chapter 21?
(a) To get them to pay taxes.
(b) To play a trick on them.
(c) To return money to them.
(d) To confuse them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claude know Reynolds?
2. What title does Lane Dean Jr. have in Chapter 16?
3. What type of psychic is Claude?
4. Why does Stecyk appear trustworthy in Chapter 12?
5. Who is meant to review the interviews in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author talk about the dullness of the IRS in Chapter 9?
2. What is the purpose of Chapter 11?
3. What makes Claude happy in Chapter 2?
4. What makes Chapter 4 different from Chapters 1-3?
5. What is Stecyk's job in Chapter 14?
6. In the beginning of this novel, how does Claude feel about his job?
7. How could the interview in Chapter 21 be described?
8. Why do people dislike the boy in Chapter 5?
9. How do the characters in Chapter 18 react to Desk Names?
10. Why does the author claim this novel is memoir in Chapter 9?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)