|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author say is good at hiding things?
(a) Complicated things.
(b) Ugly things.
(d) Large things.
2. How is Chapter 11 constructed?
(a) As a script.
(b) As an interview.
(c) As a case study.
(d) As a list.
3. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
4. In Chapter 18, why do agents use Desk Names?
(a) To feel powerful.
(b) Because they have to.
(c) To play tricks on each other.
(d) They don't use Desk Names.
5. What does Stecyk deliver in Chapter 12?
(a) Phone books.
(b) Change of address cards.
(c) ZIP code books.
(d) Business directories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is a lie in Chapter 9?
2. What title does Lane Dean Jr. have in Chapter 16?
3. What is described in Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 14, what is the IRS revealed to have been in the past?
5. How does the author represent questions during the interviews in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Lane Dean Jr.'s character reveal about the work of the IRS?
2. Why does Wallace have to watch the interviews in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the first few pages of any book?
4. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the boy's mother?
5. In Chapter 5, how is the boy described?
6. Why does the author talk about the dullness of the IRS in Chapter 9?
7. How do the girl and her mother get away in Chapter 8?
8. In Chapter 13, why does the main character pay attention to the way he sits?
9. What point does the author make about the "information society" in Chapter 9?
10. How is Claude's psychic ability described in Chapter 15?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)