|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claude's ranking compare with Reynold's ranking in Chapter 2?
(a) Claude's is the same.
(b) Claude's is higher.
(c) Claude's is lower.
(d) They are ranked differently and can't be compared.
2. What is the main topic of Chapter 11?
(a) Side effects of medicine.
(b) Dangers caused by infectious disease.
(c) Physical violence in government workers.
(d) Illness associated with working for the IRS.
3. Who does Claude Sylvanshine work for?
(a) The ATF.
(b) The IRS.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
4. In Chapter 2, where does Claude allude to previously working?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington D.C.
5. In Chapter 14, how are Stecyk's interviews described by the IRS?
(c) Information gathering.
(d) Public relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what are IRS jobs compared to?
2. In Chapter 19, what is one main reason given for the problems of America?
3. In Chapter 2, where is Claude reassigned?
4. In Chapter 14, what is the IRS revealed to have been in the past?
5. What year is given to the interview files in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how is the boy described?
2. In Chapter 27, what reason is given for possibly not conducting an audit?
3. In Chapter 13, why does the main character pay attention to the way he sits?
4. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
5. What is the main idea of Chapter 44?
6. In Chapter 16, what does Lane Dean Jr.'s character reveal about the work of the IRS?
7. How do Sylvanshine and Reynolds prepare Fogle for his interview in Chapter 49?
8. Why does Sylvanshine talk to Reynolds over the phone in Chapter 30?
9. In the beginning of this novel, how does Claude feel about his job?
10. How does David's father's arm get stuck in the train?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)