|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what does the interviewer seem most interested in?
(a) Upholding tax law.
(b) Making a new friend.
(c) Getting out of work early.
(d) Collecting money.
2. What are Desk Names, as defined in Chapter 18?
(a) Government given names.
(b) The agents' middle names.
(c) Inverted last names.
(d) Made up names.
3. What is Dean's main concern in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 14, how are Stecyk's interviews described by the IRS?
(a) Public relations.
(d) Information gathering.
5. What is described in Chapter 10?
(a) Bureaucratic systems.
(b) Government hierarchy.
(c) The IRS.
(d) Influential literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author suggest researching government documents in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 14, why is Spackman mentioned?
3. What textual feature does Chapter 9 have that is missing from the other chapters?
4. What does the author say is a lie in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 9, what does the author point out about televisions?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is wrong with his publisher?
2. What types of information does the author provide via interview in Chapter 14?
3. What is the purpose of Chapter 11?
4. How is Chapter 9 different from the rest of the chapters in this novel?
5. What makes Chapter 20 confusing in the construction of this novel?
6. In Chapter 13, why does the main character pay attention to the way he sits?
7. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the boy's mother?
8. In Chapter 10, how does the author explain the existence of the bureaucratic systems he describes?
9. How could the interview in Chapter 21 be described?
10. Why does the author claim this novel is memoir in Chapter 9?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)