|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does the character try to attribute his sweating to?
2. How old is the character who sweats in Chapter 13?
3. How does Stecyk's neighbors react to him in Chapter 12?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They are annoyed.
(c) They are pleased.
(d) They run away from him.
4. In Chapter 13, what does the author suggest causes the sweat attacks?
(a) Worry about his love life.
(c) Thinking about sweat attacks.
5. In Chapter 8, who does the girl run away with?
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her mother's boyfriend.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claude travel in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 9, why does the author single out the year 1985?
3. How does Claude's ranking compare with Reynold's ranking in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 9, what does the author point out about televisions?
5. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say was the basis of IRS agent performance review in the past?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what problem does the main character suffer from?
2. In Chapter 5, how is the boy described?
3. What is the purpose of Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is wrong with his publisher?
5. How is Claude's psychic ability described in Chapter 15?
6. How could the interview in Chapter 21 be described?
7. In Chapter 10, how does the author explain the existence of the bureaucratic systems he describes?
8. What is Stecyk's job in Chapter 14?
9. In Chapter 19, what seems to be the favored solution to what is wrong with America?
10. In Chapter 16, what does Lane Dean Jr.'s character reveal about the work of the IRS?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)