|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the man in Chapter 5?
(a) A baby.
(b) A teenager.
(c) An adult.
(d) A child.
2. What year is given to the interview files in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 5, how do other people react to the man?
(a) They tolerate him.
(b) They dislike him.
(c) They love him.
(d) They are confused by him.
4. In Chapter 13, what does the author suggest causes the sweat attacks?
(a) Thinking about sweat attacks.
(d) Worry about his love life.
5. What is revealed to be a joke in Chapter 14?
(a) The head of the IRS.
(b) The previous president.
(c) The role of women in the IRS.
(d) Some previous IRS protocols.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say about getting reposted?
2. Who does Claude Sylvanshine work for?
3. In Chapter 18, why do agents use Desk Names?
4. How old is the character who sweats in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 13, what happens when the character tries to hide his sweating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Chapter 20 confusing in the construction of this novel?
2. In Chapter 16, what does Lane Dean Jr.'s character reveal about the work of the IRS?
3. In Chapter 22, what details does David give to explain his parents' divorce?
4. In Chapter 46, why do Shane and Rand begin a conversation?
5. In Chapter 22, why does David take a long time getting to the train?
6. Why does the author claim this novel is memoir in Chapter 9?
7. Why doesn't David exit the van in Chapter 24 with the other people?
8. Why does David feel he wasted his youth in Chapter 22?
9. What is Stecyk's job in Chapter 14?
10. How does David feel while Ms. Neti-Neti leads him into the IRS REC?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)