|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the character who sweats in Chapter 13?
2. What title does Lane Dean Jr. have in Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 13, what does the author suggest causes the sweat attacks?
(a) Thinking about sweat attacks.
(c) Worry about his love life.
4. In Chapter 9, what does the author point out about televisions?
(a) They are everywhere.
(b) They are getting larger.
(c) They are government run.
(d) They are frightening to him.
5. In Chapter 9, who does the author blame for problems with editing this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, how does Lane feel toward his job?
2. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author say is good at hiding things?
3. What does the author say is a lie in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 18, why do agents use Desk Names?
5. In Chapter 9, where does the author say he kept his notes for this novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of this novel, how does Claude feel about his job?
2. How does Stecyk change from Chapter 12 to Chapter 14?
3. Why does Wallace have to watch the interviews in Chapter 14?
4. How do the characters in Chapter 18 react to Desk Names?
5. How do the girl and her mother get away in Chapter 8?
6. Why does the author claim this novel is memoir in Chapter 9?
7. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the boy's mother?
8. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is wrong with his publisher?
9. How is Claude's psychic ability described in Chapter 15?
10. In Chapter 10, how does the author explain the existence of the bureaucratic systems he describes?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)