|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of interviews has Stecyk prepared in Chapter 14?
(a) Videotaped interviews.
(b) Translated interviews.
(c) Notated interviews.
(d) Voice recorded interviews.
2. In Chapter 18, how does Glendenning feel about Desk Names?
(a) He created them.
(b) He doesn't allow them.
(c) He supports them.
(d) He fears them.
3. What year is given to the interview files in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 16, how does Lane feel toward his job?
5. In Chapter 15, what opinion does the narrator have about Claude's psychic ability?
(a) The narrator says nothing about the psychic ability.
(b) The narrator believes in the psychic ability.
(c) The narrator does not believe in the psychic ability.
(d) The narrator is neutral toward the psychic ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed to be a joke in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 15, how are Claude's psychic moments described?
3. In Chapter 13, what does the character try to attribute his sweating to?
4. What is Merrill's middle name?
5. Why does the author quote Mr. Glendenning in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Chapter 4 different from Chapters 1-3?
2. What is Stecyk's job in Chapter 14?
3. Why do people dislike the boy in Chapter 5?
4. What makes Chapter 20 confusing in the construction of this novel?
5. Why does the author talk about the dullness of the IRS in Chapter 9?
6. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the first few pages of any book?
7. What makes Claude happy in Chapter 2?
8. In Chapter 16, what does Lane Dean Jr.'s character reveal about the work of the IRS?
9. How do the characters in Chapter 18 react to Desk Names?
10. In the beginning of this novel, how does Claude feel about his job?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)