Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1 through 8
1. What makes Claude happy in Chapter 2?
2. In the beginning of this novel, how does Claude feel about his job?
3. What makes Chapter 4 different from Chapters 1-3?
4. In Chapter 5, how is the boy described?
5. Why do people dislike the boy in Chapter 5?
6. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the boy's mother?
7. Why does Dean marry Sheri in Chapter 6?
8. How do the...
This section contains 775 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)