|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30 through 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claude speak to Merrill in Chapter 2?
(a) About a financial crisis.
(b) About a business disaster.
(c) About a safety flaw.
(d) About a hiring problem.
2. What does David say happened to his mother in 1971?
(a) She had a nervous breakdown.
(b) She asked his father for a divorce.
(c) She moved away from his family.
(d) She started working a job.
3. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
(a) Highly technical jobs.
(b) Paper processing jobs.
(c) Jobs relating to people.
(d) Create new forms.
4. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is the IRS' biggest strength?
(a) Being educated.
(b) Being dull.
(c) Being run by men.
(d) Being a government agency.
5. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
(a) David is awarded money from the head of public transportation.
(b) The newspaper calls to interview David.
(c) There are a series of lawsuits.
(d) David is unable to ride trains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Cusk is avoiding in Chapter 27?
2. In Chapter 23, what does the narrator describe?
3. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about financial gain relating to this novel?
4. In Chapter 24, what does David notice as he walks through the IRS REC building?
5. In Chapter 2, where does Claude allude to previously working?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)