|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when David sits next to Cusk on the IRS van?
(a) He falls off the seat.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) Cusk opens the window.
(d) They are crammed closed together.
2. Who does Claude Sylvanshine work for?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The ATF.
(c) The IRS.
(d) The CIA.
3. How do higher temperatures affect the character in Chapter 13?
(a) They cause him to panic.
(b) They make him tired.
(c) Sometimes they make him sweat more.
(d) Sometimes they make him sweat less.
4. In Chapter 15, what opinion does the narrator have about Claude's psychic ability?
(a) The narrator does not believe in the psychic ability.
(b) The narrator says nothing about the psychic ability.
(c) The narrator believes in the psychic ability.
(d) The narrator is neutral toward the psychic ability.
5. How is Chapter 17 presented?
(a) As a newspaper article.
(b) As a poem.
(c) As a quote.
(d) As an interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, which is the oldest phantom?
2. Why does David feel he did not live fully in his youth in Chapter 22?
3. In Chapter 9, why does the author single out the year 1985?
4. Where does David say he lived after he was hired by the IRS?
5. What textual feature does Chapter 9 have that is missing from the other chapters?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)