|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13, 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author say he was given a new social security number?
(a) Because he moved to a new country.
(b) Because he worked for the government.
(c) Because he lost his.
(d) He was not given a new social security number.
2. How does the author represent questions during the interviews in Chapter 14?
(a) He replaced them with the letter Q.
(b) He puts all the questions in bold.
(c) There is no representation of the questions.
(d) He puts all the questions in italics.
3. How does Claude know Reynolds?
(a) They used to be roommates.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They lived on the same block growing up.
(d) They used to work together.
4. In Chapter 14, why is Spackman mentioned?
(a) Because of his power.
(b) Because of his interview.
(c) Because of his memo.
(d) Because of his quitting.
5. In Chapter 2, where does Claude allude to previously working?
(a) New York City.
(c) Washington D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Dean break up with his girlfriend in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 9, who does the author blame for problems with editing this novel?
3. Why does Claude speak to Merrill in Chapter 2?
4. What does RECs stand for?
5. What textual feature does Chapter 9 have that is missing from the other chapters?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)