|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13, 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author question?
(a) The role of government.
(b) The secrecy of men.
(c) The presence of silence.
(d) The hidden motivations of people.
2. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
3. How old is the man in Chapter 5?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A child.
(c) An adult.
(d) A baby.
4. What textual feature does Chapter 9 have that is missing from the other chapters?
(b) In-text citations.
5. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say was the basis of IRS agent performance review in the past?
(a) The amount of money collected.
(b) Their ability to pay their own taxes.
(c) The amount of vacation days they did not take.
(d) The speed at which they finished returns.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the genre of this novel?
2. In Chapter 7, who gets on a the minibus?
3. What is revealed to be a joke in Chapter 14?
4. Why does the author quote Mr. Glendenning in Chapter 9?
5. What is Dean's main concern in Chapter 6?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)