|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13, 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the character who sweats in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 14, how are Stecyk's interviews described by the IRS?
(b) Information gathering.
(c) Public relations.
3. What name does the author give himself in Chapter 9?
(a) David Wallace.
(b) David Foster Wallace.
(c) Foster Wallace.
(d) David Foster.
4. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the man's mother?
(a) She caught a terrible disease.
(b) She attempted suicide.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She ran away from home.
5. Why does the author say he was given a new social security number?
(a) Because he moved to a new country.
(b) He was not given a new social security number.
(c) Because he lost his.
(d) Because he worked for the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what name does the author give the society he lives in.
2. In Chapter 13, what does the author suggest causes the sweat attacks?
3. In Chapter 14, why does the narrator say some people are able to speak from the heart during their interviews?
4. In Chapter 13, what does the character try to attribute his sweating to?
5. What is revealed to be a joke in Chapter 14?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)