|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13, 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does the author point out about televisions?
(a) They are getting larger.
(b) They are frightening to him.
(c) They are everywhere.
(d) They are government run.
2. How does the author identify the men in Chapter 3?
(a) He uses their middle names.
(b) He just describes them physically.
(c) He uses their last names.
(d) He doesn't.
3. What is the main topic of Chapter 11?
(a) Dangers caused by infectious disease.
(b) Illness associated with working for the IRS.
(c) Physical violence in government workers.
(d) Side effects of medicine.
4. In Chapter 14, how are Stecyk's interviews described by the IRS?
(b) Information gathering.
(d) Public relations.
5. Why does the author suggest researching government documents in Chapter 9?
(a) To undermine elected officials.
(b) To kill time.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To increase understanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is given to the interview files in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 9, where does the author say he kept his notes for this novel?
3. What name does the author give himself in Chapter 9?
4. How does Claude's ranking compare with Reynold's ranking in Chapter 2?
5. What feeling does the author add to Mr. Glendenning's quote in Chapter 9?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)