|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author quote Mr. Glendenning in Chapter 9?
(a) As a fan.
(b) As a fellow writer.
(c) As a liar.
(d) As an authority figure.
2. In Chapter 9, why does the author single out the year 1985?
(a) For the presidential election.
(b) For the changes in tax law.
(c) For the birth of his son.
(d) For the death of a loved one.
3. What does the author say is a lie in Chapter 9?
(a) The book's title.
(b) The book.
(c) The book's reputation.
(d) The book's disclaimer.
4. In Chapter 9, what does the author say was once pitted against efficacy?
(c) The public.
5. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author say is good at hiding things?
(b) Complicated things.
(c) Ugly things.
(d) Large things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claude Sylvanshine work for?
2. In Chapter 8, who does the girl run away with?
3. How does Chapter 1 explain the plot of this novel?
4. In Chapter 9, where does the author say he kept his notes for this novel?
5. In Chapter 9, who does the author say did most of the editing of this novel?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)