|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does the author single out the year 1985?
(a) For the presidential election.
(b) For the death of a loved one.
(c) For the changes in tax law.
(d) For the birth of his son.
2. Why doesn't Dean break up with his girlfriend in Chapter 6?
(a) Because she is pregnant.
(b) Because he is afraid to go home.
(c) Because he wants to make her mad.
(d) Because he loves her.
3. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about financial gain relating to this novel?
(a) That he has already made money off the book before publishing it.
(b) That it is not the reason why he wrote it.
(c) That it is the only reason why he wrote it.
(d) That he hopes to make more money than his previous book.
4. In Chapter 2, what ranking does Reynolds hold?
5. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the genre of this novel?
(a) That it closely resembles a memoir.
(b) That it is historical fiction.
(c) That it is literary fiction.
(d) That it will remind the reader of nonfiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main topic of Chapter 11?
2. Why does Claude speak to Merrill in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 9, what year does the author say it is?
4. In Chapter 10, who justifies the role of large organizations?
5. How does the author describe the man in Chapter 5?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)