|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30 through 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of psychic is Claude?
(a) An animal psychic.
(b) A fact psychic.
(c) An emotion psychic.
(d) A fraud psychic.
2. Why does the author say he was given a new social security number?
(a) He was not given a new social security number.
(b) Because he worked for the government.
(c) Because he lost his.
(d) Because he moved to a new country.
3. Why does David's father put his arm in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) It is an accident.
(b) Because he is angry.
(c) To let someone get off the train.
(d) To hold it open for David.
4. In Chapter 35, what worries the narrator?
(a) Manshardt's humming.
(b) A woman's footsteps.
(c) The ticking of a clock.
(d) The stare of an infant.
5. How does Claude travel in Chapter 2?
(a) By plane.
(b) By boat.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cusk run off to during a break in Chapter 27?
2. What does Chapter 25 describe?
3. In Chapter 9, what name does the author give the society he lives in.
4. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
5. What is revealed to be a joke in Chapter 14?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)