|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13, 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the genre of this novel?
(a) That it is historical fiction.
(b) That it will remind the reader of nonfiction.
(c) That it is literary fiction.
(d) That it closely resembles a memoir.
2. In Chapter 2, where does Claude allude to previously working?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington D.C.
3. In Chapter 14, what is the IRS revealed to have been in the past?
(a) A part of the defense organization.
(b) A law enforcement agency.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) A minor subgroup of a different agency.
4. How does Stecyk's neighbors react to him in Chapter 12?
(a) They are pleased.
(b) They laugh at him.
(c) They are annoyed.
(d) They run away from him.
5. How does Claude know Reynolds?
(a) They used to work together.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They lived on the same block growing up.
(d) They used to be roommates.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who does the author blame for problems with editing this novel?
2. Why does the author suggest researching government documents in Chapter 9?
3. Who does Claude Sylvanshine work for?
4. What feeling does the author add to Mr. Glendenning's quote in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 10, who justifies the role of large organizations?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)