|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claude know Reynolds?
(a) They used to work together.
(b) They lived on the same block growing up.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They used to be roommates.
2. What makes Lane feel out of place in Chapter 16?
(a) Forgetting his money.
(b) Being left out of gossip.
(c) Not knowing the new laws.
(d) Wearing the wrong thing.
3. Why does Stecyk appear trustworthy in Chapter 12?
(a) His father is with him.
(b) He doesn't appear trusthworthy.
(c) He is wearing a suit.
(d) He has legitimate materials from the post office.
4. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
(b) His family was audited twice.
(c) His mother worked for the IRS.
(d) His father was an accountant.
5. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about financial gain relating to this novel?
(a) That it is the only reason why he wrote it.
(b) That he has already made money off the book before publishing it.
(c) That he hopes to make more money than his previous book.
(d) That it is not the reason why he wrote it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, where does the author say he kept his notes for this novel?
2. Why does David present information about his childhood in Chapter 22?
3. How does David's father die after his arm is stuck in the train in Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 9, who does the author say did most of the editing of this novel?
5. What is the main topic of Chapter 11?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)