|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Chapter 17 presented?
(a) As an interview.
(b) As a quote.
(c) As a newspaper article.
(d) As a poem.
2. Why does David's father's arm get stuck in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) Because David's father moves too slow.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Because of a malfunction with the train.
(d) Because David's father won't remove his arm.
3. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author say is good at hiding things?
(b) Complicated things.
(c) Ugly things.
(d) Large things.
4. Why is the taxpayer being interviewed in Chapter 21?
(a) To get them to pay taxes.
(b) To return money to them.
(c) To play a trick on them.
(d) To confuse them.
5. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say was the basis of IRS agent performance review in the past?
(a) The speed at which they finished returns.
(b) The amount of vacation days they did not take.
(c) Their ability to pay their own taxes.
(d) The amount of money collected.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the man in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 21, what does the interviewer seem most interested in?
3. In Chapter 9, what does the author say was once pitted against efficacy?
4. In Chapter 14, why does the narrator say some people are able to speak from the heart during their interviews?
5. Why does David present information about his childhood in Chapter 22?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)