|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Recapitulation and Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what degree do hybrids resemble one parent?
(a) No resemblance.
(b) Extreme degrees.
(c) Small degrees.
(d) Moderate degrees.
2. In Geographical Distribution continued, what does Darwin suggest about the rule of natural selection?
(a) There is a common ancestor.
(b) It applies to all species.
(c) It is different on islands.
(d) It does not apply to all species.
3. What happens when two fossils of the same species are chronologically far apart?
(a) They do resemble each other.
(b) They are classified as different species.
(c) It is proof for natural selection.
(d) They do not resemble each other.
4. Where did Darwin's ship travel?
(b) South America.
(d) North America.
5. What do most organisms have a very good ability to do?
(c) Alter their biological makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What species type is known for a lot of variation between individuals?
2. What term refers to change from one generation to the next?
3. Why is instinct NOT well-defined?
4. What bodily system do some scientists believe is responsible for producing individual differences?
5. What type of organisms will not fossilize?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)