|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Recapitulation and Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the process of species growth suggest about species that are transported into foreign regions?
(a) They stay stagnant.
(b) They inter-breed.
(c) They do not prosper.
(d) They prosper.
2. What is correlated with a difference in creatures that inhabit a region?
(a) Mating potential.
(b) The barriers of that region.
(c) Migration patterns.
(d) Food supply.
3. What classification has a large number of species?
4. What is the primary cause for the struggle for survival between species?
(b) Food sources.
(c) Rapid reproduction.
(d) Environmental factors.
5. What is required for a species to continue to grow?
(b) Strong males.
(c) Food supply.
(d) Other species.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of organisms is not caused by chance?
2. What term refers to change from one generation to the next?
3. Why might a hybrid species NOT survive birth?
4. What do commonalities of species found on islands say about species in general?
5. In what type of species has perfect fertility of variations been demonstrated?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)