|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Natural Selection.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is required for a species to continue to grow?
(b) Other species.
(c) Strong males.
(d) Food supply.
2. What other field of science can natural selection be compared to?
3. What is unique about variation in polymorphic species?
(a) Dependent on external factors.
(b) Not dependent on internal factors.
(c) All invertibrates.
(d) Not dependent on external factors.
4. In extreme environments, what are species in competition with?
(a) Food source distruction.
(c) Other species.
(d) Migration needs.
5. Which term refers to organisms with no distinct gender?
(d) Single cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of selection primarily affects the reproductive characteristics of a species?
2. Why does the point of possible starvation for animals occur sooner than for humans?
3. What is the fate of traits that are neither helpful nor unhelpful for survival?
4. In Chapter 1: Variation Under Domestication, what animal does Darwin give as an example for being perfectly adapted for catching its food?
5. What term refers to exactly how species change over time?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)