|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Natural Selection.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In extreme environments, what are species in competition with?
(a) Migration needs.
(b) Other species.
(c) Food source distruction.
2. What is one reason that some species' traits are different from other species?
(c) Natural selection.
3. On what ship did Darwin ride while writing The Origin of Species?
(a) H.M.S. Victoria.
(b) H.M.S. Beagle.
(c) H.M.S. Seafarer.
(d) H.M.S. Clipper.
4. What term refers to exactly how species change over time?
(a) Darwin's Law.
(b) Laws of heredity.
(c) Laws of change.
(d) Laws of variation.
5. What type of populations experience more variations?
(a) Small populations.
(b) Medium populations.
(c) Large populations.
(d) Diverse populations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between the two types of variations discussed in Chapter 1: Variation Under Domestication?
2. What would increase the likelihood of variations occurring in a given population?
3. What do some scientists say is the reason that cultivated plants do not produce seeds?
4. What do naturalists call a situation where a child takes on characteristics NOT shared by the parents?
5. What happens to a species if their traits and characteristics are not passed down to the next generation?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)