Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
2. What was Lombroso's theory known as?
3. Bolk felt what race was not only the most progressive, but also the most retarded?
4. The German psychologist W. Stern argued that mental age should be ____________ by chronological age.
5. Burt seemed to have increased his sample of patients from fewer then 20 to more than ________ in a number of publications. This irregularity began the undoing of his work's findings.
Alfred Binet is prominently studied within "The Mismeasure of Man." His work helped to define the study of human intelligence and paved the way for many more studies in that arena.
Part 1: What was the background of Alfred Binet?
Part 2: What was Binet commissioned to do and how did he set about achieving this goal?
Part 3: What was Binet's major claim to fame in relation to the ranking of human intelligence?
Another researcher of brain size was Paul Broca. This professor of surgery used numbers which Gould is unsure were legitimate in order to show, one again, the inferiority of blacks.
Part 1: What does Gould think Broca did before doing his research that affected the results?
Part 2: What were Broca's numbers and results based on?
Part 3: In what way were Broca's studies biased?
The idea of testing children in schools is one that is a normal part of life today, but it can have many issues in its effectiveness and in its logic. Binet understood this, and yet still seems to have created more problems in terms of studying intelligence in children.
Part 1: What are some of the problems that stemmed from Binet's test, related to the idea that intelligence is inevitable?
Part 2: What are some ways that heredity is confused within and between groups in relation to Binet's test?
Part 3: Many American psychologists did not follow Binet's rules for using his tests. What belief did this lead to?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)