Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
2. What was Lombroso's theory known as?
3. Bolk felt what race was not only the most progressive, but also the most retarded?
4. The German psychologist W. Stern argued that mental age should be ____________ by chronological age.
5. Burt seemed to have increased his sample of patients from fewer then 20 to more than ________ in a number of publications. This irregularity began the undoing of his work's findings.
Essay Topic 1
Another researcher of brain size was Paul Broca. This professor of surgery used numbers which Gould is unsure were legitimate in order to show, one again, the inferiority of blacks.
Part 1: What does Gould think Broca did before doing his research that affected the results?
Part 2: What were Broca's numbers and results based on?
Part 3: In what way were Broca's studies biased?
Essay Topic 2
What's interesting is the Binet seems to be the one scientist who is concerned about how his findings would be used in everyday life and for everyday people.
Part 1: What was Binet worried about in regards to the tests he administered?
Part 2: What were the three rules Binet devised in order to ensure his test would not be misused?
Part 3: What did Binet suggest young children with learning issues might need?
Essay Topic 3
The idea that criminal behavior is hereditary is another idea that springs up during the introduction of evolution. The notion that criminal tendencies could spring up in the genes and then in the behaviors was widely accepted.
Part 1: Who was the main researcher of this idea of criminal behavior based on hereditary patterns?
Part 2: What were the weaknesses of this researcher's studies?
Part 3: What was the theory of atavism and what did it mean to society?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)