|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(c) was scattered on the graphs
(d) remained unchanged
2. It was discovered that there was no general _________ of intelligence as Spearman once thought.
3. The field of ________ sciences was redefined during the 19th century.
4. Factor analysis is a _______ method technique.
5. "s" was considered the product of _________ by both Spearman and Burt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goddard was trying to develop a _____________ scale to measure intelligence.
2. "[T]he child represents a ____________ adult ancestor."
3. Binet spend a lot of time measuring skulls to see the correlation between size and intelligence, like Broca claimed, but his findings did not correlate with the __________ designation of smart and dumb.
4. Binet was commissioned in 1904 to find a way to identify children who ______________.
5. A perfect correlation graph between two variables would show ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the factor analysis variable 'g' stand for?
2. What did Binet find when he went to various schools to test out Broca's theory of head measurement?
3. Define the idea of recapitulation.
4. What were the three rules Binet set up to help prevent the misuse of his test?
5. Was factor analysis the right technique to use in intelligence testing?
6. What was Binet's major worry about the work he was doing with intelligence testing?
7. How were Burt's papers and data related to his studies destroyed?
8. Who was Sir Cyril Burt?
9. What were the three facts upon which H.J. Eysenck based his theory of the inferiority of blacks?
10. Define the idea of correlation.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)