|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The general intellectual knowledge of the child was calculated by subtracting the ________ age from his true chronological age.
(a) head size
2. Burt seemed to have increased his sample of patients from fewer then 20 to more than ________ in a number of publications. This irregularity began the undoing of his work's findings.
3. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(a) remained unchanged
(b) was scattered on the graphs
4. What big theory was just becoming popular in the nineteenth century?
5. "An anatomical theory for ranking __________ - based on entire bodies, not only on heads, - had been found."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Goddard classify was having a mental age below 3?
2. It was discovered that there was no general _________ of intelligence as Spearman once thought.
3. H.H. Goddard was the first to do what with Binet's test?
4. Intelligence, according to Goddard, came from ________ and nothing else.
5. "s" was considered the product of _________ by both Spearman and Burt.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Binet do in order to fulfill the obligations of his commission in 1904?
2. What did E.D. Cope believe affected the value of a person and the determination of their inferiority?
3. What does the factor analysis variable 'g' stand for?
4. Was factor analysis the right technique to use in intelligence testing?
5. Define the idea of recapitulation.
6. What was Havelock Ellis' major claim in his study of the measurement of bodies in order to determine value?
7. What were the three rules Binet set up to help prevent the misuse of his test?
8. Binet was also trying to create a test that distinguished between what?
9. What was Binet's major worry about the work he was doing with intelligence testing?
10. What was Binet commissions to do in 1904?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)