|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Mental testing becomes a theory for enhancing ___________ through proper education."
2. Binet was commissioned in 1904 to find a way to identify children who ______________.
(a) were unteachable
(b) needed special help in school
(c) were autistic
(d) were bad at math
3. ______________ is a way of measuring the relationship between variables.
(d) A square ratio
4. Intelligence, according to Goddard, came from ________ and nothing else.
(c) family lines
5. The field of ________ sciences was redefined during the 19th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. Binet spend a lot of time measuring skulls to see the correlation between size and intelligence, like Broca claimed, but his findings did not correlate with the __________ designation of smart and dumb.
2. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
3. Who did Goddard classify was having a mental age below 3?
4. Binet tried to devise a system of testing that would distinguish between the ____________ intelligence and the learned intelligence.
5. Eysenck believed the _____________ development of black youngsters develops more quickly than in whites.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Sir Cyril Burt?
2. What was Binet's major worry about the work he was doing with intelligence testing?
3. How were Burt's papers and data related to his studies destroyed?
4. What does the factor analysis variable 'g' stand for?
5. Binet was also trying to create a test that distinguished between what?
6. What does Cesare Lombroso have to say about criminal behavior?
7. What did Binet do in order to fulfill the obligations of his commission in 1904?
8. What did E.D. Cope believe affected the value of a person and the determination of their inferiority?
9. What did Louis Bolk have to say about whites and blacks?
10. What did Ellis find happened to men who were living in urban areas?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)