|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "An anatomical theory for ranking __________ - based on entire bodies, not only on heads, - had been found."
2. No matter how strong a correlation is, it says nothing about _________.
3. "______________ proved an irresistible criterion for any scientist who wanted to rank human groups as higher or lower."
4. What did Binet devise in order to help test the school children?
(a) A set of math problems
(b) A series of tasks
(c) A picture book
(d) Story problems
5. According to Lombroso, the genes of the past are contained in the hereditary of the individual and the ___________ surfaces at times.
(a) aggression towards women
Short Answer Questions
1. Factor analysis was the _________ technique to be used in intelligence testing, even thought Burt went about it the wrong way.
2. Negative correlation is given by vectors going in ____________ directions.
3. What technique is explained in terms of geometry and matrix algebra?
4. The answer to #114 became a way to measure the ___________ of the children, and thus their IQ levels.
5. The answer to #142 indicates how much of a change there is in one variable due to a change in __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Binet do in order to fulfill the obligations of his commission in 1904?
2. Where did Alfred Binet first begin his study of human intelligence?
3. Was factor analysis the right technique to use in intelligence testing?
4. What was Havelock Ellis' major claim in his study of the measurement of bodies in order to determine value?
5. What did Ellis find happened to men who were living in urban areas?
6. Define the idea of recapitulation.
7. Binet was also trying to create a test that distinguished between what?
8. What do correlations not imply in regards to the studies in which they are used?
9. How were Burt's papers and data related to his studies destroyed?
10. What did Binet find when he went to various schools to test out Broca's theory of head measurement?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)