|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One problem that resulted from Binet's test was this idea: If intelligence was ____________, it was inevitable.
2. Louis Bolk felt blacks were not totally ___________.
3. Cesare Lombroso thought that ____________ behavior is hereditary.
4. Negative correlation is given by vectors going in ____________ directions.
(a) the same
5. According to Lombroso, the genes of the past are contained in the hereditary of the individual and the ___________ surfaces at times.
(d) aggression towards women
Short Answer Questions
1. Which label could also live independently and reproduce and be a threat to racial health?
2. The field of ________ sciences was redefined during the 19th century.
3. What group of students/people, as discovered by their intelligence level in response to Binet's test, was most dangerous and trainable?
4. Goddard was trying to develop a _____________ scale to measure intelligence.
5. Factor analysis was the _________ technique to be used in intelligence testing, even thought Burt went about it the wrong way.
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the idea of correlation.
2. What did Binet's study of intelligence begin to rely on as opposed to medical measures of intelligence?
3. What does the factor analysis variable 'g' stand for?
4. What was Havelock Ellis' major claim in his study of the measurement of bodies in order to determine value?
5. What did Burt try to claim he had developed, though it was later shown to be a false claim?
6. What did Gould feel about Eysenck's arguments for black inferiority?
7. Binet was also trying to create a test that distinguished between what?
8. Define the idea of recapitulation.
9. What were the three rules Binet set up to help prevent the misuse of his test?
10. What did Binet find when he went to various schools to test out Broca's theory of head measurement?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)