|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "G" was considered to be _________.
(c) gender based
2. Havelock Ellis was a scientist who claimed the superiority of __________ during this period.
(b) elderly people
3. Goddard believed the mental deficients should be prevented from ____________.
(b) attending school
4. E.D. Cope thought that _______ Europeans were inferior to others.
5. "s" was considered the product of _________ by both Spearman and Burt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Factor analysis was the _________ technique to be used in intelligence testing, even thought Burt went about it the wrong way.
2. The German psychologist W. Stern argued that mental age should be ____________ by chronological age.
3. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
4. What outside factors are being alluded to in #151?
5. A perfect correlation graph between two variables would show ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the idea of correlation.
2. Binet was also trying to create a test that distinguished between what?
3. What does the factor analysis variable 'g' stand for?
4. What did Burt try to claim he had developed, though it was later shown to be a false claim?
5. What did Ellis find happened to men who were living in urban areas?
6. What were the problems of Burt's studies?
7. What were the three rules Binet set up to help prevent the misuse of his test?
8. What does Cesare Lombroso have to say about criminal behavior?
9. Define the idea of recapitulation.
10. Was factor analysis the right technique to use in intelligence testing?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)