|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
(a) assembled into books
2. Who did Goddard classify was having a mental age below 3?
3. E.D. Cope based his theory in #92 on the idea that the ____________ brought on earlier maturation.
(a) many wartimes
(b) cooler climate
(c) lack of sun
(d) warmer climate
4. Goddard believed the mental deficients should be prevented from ____________.
(b) attending school
5. One of the perceived problems of Lombroso's theory was the need to call _________ criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burt seemed to have increased his sample of patients from fewer then 20 to more than ________ in a number of publications. This irregularity began the undoing of his work's findings.
2. The field of ________ sciences was redefined during the 19th century.
3. One problem that resulted from Binet's test was this idea: If intelligence was ____________, it was inevitable.
4. The answer to #142 indicates how much of a change there is in one variable due to a change in __________.
5. The answer to #114 became a way to measure the ___________ of the children, and thus their IQ levels.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Sir Cyril Burt?
2. What was Havelock Ellis' major claim in his study of the measurement of bodies in order to determine value?
3. What did Burt try to claim he had developed, though it was later shown to be a false claim?
4. What did Ellis find happened to men who were living in urban areas?
5. What does Cesare Lombroso have to say about criminal behavior?
6. What were the problems of Burt's studies?
7. Was factor analysis the right technique to use in intelligence testing?
8. What was Binet's major worry about the work he was doing with intelligence testing?
9. What were the three rules Binet set up to help prevent the misuse of his test?
10. Define the idea of recapitulation.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)