|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Binet tried to devise a system of testing that would distinguish between the ____________ intelligence and the learned intelligence.
2. Burt seemed to have increased his sample of patients from fewer then 20 to more than ________ in a number of publications. This irregularity began the undoing of his work's findings.
3. Eysenck thought that those with ______ rapidly developing skills (as mentioned in #100) also had lower IQ scores.
4. The principal components approach allowed Burt to identify _________ factors.
5. In a factor analysis graph, the two vectors lie ___________.
(a) close to each other
(b) on opposite sides of the graph
(c) One on top of the other
(d) away from each other
Short Answer Questions
1. The German psychologist W. Stern argued that mental age should be ____________ by chronological age.
2. Havelock found that _________ males were more effeminate.
3. Eysenck noticed that the average ________ of whites exceeds that of blacks.
4. Where was Leon Kamin, the researcher who discovered Burt's flaws, a psychologist at?
5. "The __________ of inferior groups must be like __________ of superior groups..."
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Louis Bolk have to say about whites and blacks?
2. What did Burt try to claim he had developed, though it was later shown to be a false claim?
3. Was factor analysis the right technique to use in intelligence testing?
4. What did Binet's study of intelligence begin to rely on as opposed to medical measures of intelligence?
5. How were Burt's papers and data related to his studies destroyed?
6. What did Ellis find happened to men who were living in urban areas?
7. Who was Sir Cyril Burt?
8. What did Binet do in order to fulfill the obligations of his commission in 1904?
9. What do correlations not imply in regards to the studies in which they are used?
10. What did Gould feel about Eysenck's arguments for black inferiority?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)