|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Binet also noticed differences between the figures collected by himself and by his student, ___________.
2. Negative correlation is given by vectors going in ____________ directions.
(a) the same
3. Which label could also live independently and reproduce and be a threat to racial health?
4. Spearman also found there is a _______ substrate for intelligence except that this can be affected by outside factors.
5. Eysenck noticed that the average ________ of whites exceeds that of blacks.
(b) hair length
(c) eye color
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of measures did Binet turn his attention to when he realized skull measuring wasn't effective?
2. How many reasons did Burt feel could be used for discounting the effects of environment?
3. Gould felt that Eysenck's arguments are not based on ___________ facts.
4. "Mental testing becomes a theory for enhancing ___________ through proper education."
5. Eysenck thought that those with ______ rapidly developing skills (as mentioned in #100) also had lower IQ scores.
Short Essay Questions
1. Binet was also trying to create a test that distinguished between what?
2. What did Gould feel about Eysenck's arguments for black inferiority?
3. What did Ellis find happened to men who were living in urban areas?
4. What was Havelock Ellis' major claim in his study of the measurement of bodies in order to determine value?
5. What did Burt try to claim he had developed, though it was later shown to be a false claim?
6. What was Binet's major worry about the work he was doing with intelligence testing?
7. What did Binet's study of intelligence begin to rely on as opposed to medical measures of intelligence?
8. Define the idea of recapitulation.
9. What was Binet commissions to do in 1904?
10. What did E.D. Cope believe affected the value of a person and the determination of their inferiority?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)