|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Binet tried to devise a system of testing that would distinguish between the ____________ intelligence and the learned intelligence.
2. Factor analysis was the _________ technique to be used in intelligence testing, even thought Burt went about it the wrong way.
3. One problem that resulted from Binet's test was this idea: If intelligence was ____________, it was inevitable.
4. Binet believed that not all intelligence was ___________.
(b) the same
5. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
(a) assembled into books
Short Answer Questions
1. What does 'g' stand for in a graph for factor analysis?
2. Spearman found that intelligence is a ____________ thing.
3. H.H. Goddard was the first to do what with Binet's test?
4. Cesare Lombroso thought that ____________ behavior is hereditary.
5. Factor analysis is a _______ method technique.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do correlations not imply in regards to the studies in which they are used?
2. Was factor analysis the right technique to use in intelligence testing?
3. What did Gould feel about Eysenck's arguments for black inferiority?
4. What was Binet commissions to do in 1904?
5. What was Havelock Ellis' major claim in his study of the measurement of bodies in order to determine value?
6. What did Burt try to claim he had developed, though it was later shown to be a false claim?
7. What were the problems of Burt's studies?
8. Define the idea of recapitulation.
9. Who was Sir Cyril Burt?
10. What did Binet do in order to fulfill the obligations of his commission in 1904?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)