|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Binet spend a lot of time measuring skulls to see the correlation between size and intelligence, like Broca claimed, but his findings did not correlate with the __________ designation of smart and dumb.
2. "[T]he child represents a ____________ adult ancestor."
3. What does 'g' stand for in a graph for factor analysis?
(b) General intelligence
(c) Good intelligence
4. What outside factors are being alluded to in #151?
5. How many rules did Binet come up with in order to decrease the likelihood of his test being misused?
Short Answer Questions
1. "G" was considered to be _________.
2. What was Lombroso's theory known as?
3. H.H. Goddard was the first to do what with Binet's test?
4. Gould felt that Eysenck's arguments are not based on ___________ facts.
5. Factor analysis is a _______ method technique.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Havelock Ellis' major claim in his study of the measurement of bodies in order to determine value?
2. What was Binet's major worry about the work he was doing with intelligence testing?
3. What were the three facts upon which H.J. Eysenck based his theory of the inferiority of blacks?
4. What does Cesare Lombroso have to say about criminal behavior?
5. Who was Sir Cyril Burt?
6. What did Binet do in order to fulfill the obligations of his commission in 1904?
7. What did Binet's study of intelligence begin to rely on as opposed to medical measures of intelligence?
8. What were the problems of Burt's studies?
9. What do correlations not imply in regards to the studies in which they are used?
10. What did E.D. Cope believe affected the value of a person and the determination of their inferiority?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)