|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the perceived problems of Lombroso's theory was the need to call _________ criminals.
2. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
3. Burt seemed to have increased his sample of patients from fewer then 20 to more than ________ in a number of publications. This irregularity began the undoing of his work's findings.
4. The answer to #142 indicates how much of a change there is in one variable due to a change in __________.
(a) the weather
(b) the numbers
(c) another variable
(d) the environment
5. What does 'g' stand for in a graph for factor analysis?
(b) Good intelligence
(c) General intelligence
Short Answer Questions
1. Havelock found that _________ males were more effeminate.
2. Binet tried to devise a system of testing that would distinguish between the ____________ intelligence and the learned intelligence.
3. "G" was considered to be _________.
4. How many reasons did Burt feel could be used for discounting the effects of environment?
5. What outside factors are being alluded to in #151?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did E.D. Cope believe affected the value of a person and the determination of their inferiority?
2. What do correlations not imply in regards to the studies in which they are used?
3. Where did Alfred Binet first begin his study of human intelligence?
4. What did Gould feel about Eysenck's arguments for black inferiority?
5. Define the idea of recapitulation.
6. What were the three rules Binet set up to help prevent the misuse of his test?
7. What did Binet's study of intelligence begin to rely on as opposed to medical measures of intelligence?
8. What does Cesare Lombroso have to say about criminal behavior?
9. What did Binet do in order to fulfill the obligations of his commission in 1904?
10. Was factor analysis the right technique to use in intelligence testing?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)