|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Binet tried to devise a system of testing that would distinguish between the ____________ intelligence and the learned intelligence.
2. Sir Cyril Burt was a medical tester who studied ___________.
(c) white adults
3. Eysenck noticed that the average ________ of whites exceeds that of blacks.
(b) eye color
(d) hair length
4. "An anatomical theory for ranking __________ - based on entire bodies, not only on heads, - had been found."
5. What does 'g' stand for in a graph for factor analysis?
(a) General intelligence
(b) Good intelligence
Short Answer Questions
1. The general intellectual knowledge of the child was calculated by subtracting the ________ age from his true chronological age.
2. What was the nationality of H. J. Eysenck?
3. E.D. Cope thought that _______ Europeans were inferior to others.
4. Gould thought that Eysenck's arguments were the result of __________ correlations.
5. Which label could also live independently and reproduce and be a threat to racial health?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Burt try to claim he had developed, though it was later shown to be a false claim?
2. What did Binet do in order to fulfill the obligations of his commission in 1904?
3. What does the factor analysis variable 'g' stand for?
4. What was Binet's major worry about the work he was doing with intelligence testing?
5. What was Havelock Ellis' major claim in his study of the measurement of bodies in order to determine value?
6. What did Binet's study of intelligence begin to rely on as opposed to medical measures of intelligence?
7. What were the three rules Binet set up to help prevent the misuse of his test?
8. What did E.D. Cope believe affected the value of a person and the determination of their inferiority?
9. What were the problems of Burt's studies?
10. Define the idea of recapitulation.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)