|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
2. "[T]he child represents a ____________ adult ancestor."
3. Negative correlation is given by vectors going in ____________ directions.
(c) the same
4. Louis Bolk felt blacks were not totally ___________.
5. Bolk felt what race was not only the most progressive, but also the most retarded?
(b) He didn't say this.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lombroso, the genes of the past are contained in the hereditary of the individual and the ___________ surfaces at times.
2. What was Lombroso's theory known as?
3. Sir Cyril Burt was a medical tester who studied ___________.
4. What kinds of measures did Binet turn his attention to when he realized skull measuring wasn't effective?
5. One problem that resulted from Binet's test was this idea: If intelligence was ____________, it was inevitable.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Burt try to claim he had developed, though it was later shown to be a false claim?
2. Define the idea of recapitulation.
3. What do correlations not imply in regards to the studies in which they are used?
4. What did Ellis find happened to men who were living in urban areas?
5. What does Cesare Lombroso have to say about criminal behavior?
6. What was Binet's major worry about the work he was doing with intelligence testing?
7. What was Havelock Ellis' major claim in his study of the measurement of bodies in order to determine value?
8. What did Binet do in order to fulfill the obligations of his commission in 1904?
9. Where did Alfred Binet first begin his study of human intelligence?
10. What does the factor analysis variable 'g' stand for?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)