|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unlike Binet, Goddard used __________ to label and to categorize.
2. The principal components approach allowed Burt to identify _________ factors.
3. E.D. Cope based his theory in #92 on the idea that the ____________ brought on earlier maturation.
(a) warmer climate
(b) lack of sun
(c) cooler climate
(d) many wartimes
4. Which label could also live independently and reproduce and be a threat to racial health?
5. Binet believed that not all intelligence was ___________.
(d) the same
Short Answer Questions
1. Intelligence, according to Goddard, came from ________ and nothing else.
2. How many reasons did Burt feel could be used for discounting the effects of environment?
3. What was Lombroso's theory known as?
4. E.D. Cope thought that _______ Europeans were inferior to others.
5. What kinds of measures did Binet turn his attention to when he realized skull measuring wasn't effective?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ellis find happened to men who were living in urban areas?
2. Who was Sir Cyril Burt?
3. What did Burt try to claim he had developed, though it was later shown to be a false claim?
4. What did Binet find when he went to various schools to test out Broca's theory of head measurement?
5. What did Binet's study of intelligence begin to rely on as opposed to medical measures of intelligence?
6. What was Binet commissions to do in 1904?
7. Where did Alfred Binet first begin his study of human intelligence?
8. What was Binet's major worry about the work he was doing with intelligence testing?
9. How were Burt's papers and data related to his studies destroyed?
10. What were the problems of Burt's studies?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)