|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
(a) assembled into books
2. What big theory was just becoming popular in the nineteenth century?
3. Factor analysis is a _______ method technique.
4. "G" was considered to be _________.
(a) gender based
5. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
6. It was discovered that there was no general _________ of intelligence as Spearman once thought.
7. The answer to #114 became a way to measure the ___________ of the children, and thus their IQ levels.
(a) mental capacity
(b) age level
8. According to Lombroso, the genes of the past are contained in the hereditary of the individual and the ___________ surfaces at times.
(b) aggression towards women
9. Where did Alfred Binet study human intelligence and how to measure it?
10. Which label could also live independently and reproduce and be a threat to racial health?
11. Gould felt that Eysenck's arguments are not based on ___________ facts.
12. What technique is explained in terms of geometry and matrix algebra?
(a) Factor analysis
(b) Advanced algebra
13. How many reasons did Burt feel could be used for discounting the effects of environment?
14. Intelligence, according to Goddard, came from ________ and nothing else.
(c) family lines
15. "[T]he child represents a ____________ adult ancestor."
Short Answer Questions
1. Unlike Binet, Goddard used __________ to label and to categorize.
2. No matter how strong a correlation is, it says nothing about _________.
3. Where was Leon Kamin, the researcher who discovered Burt's flaws, a psychologist at?
4. ______________ is a way of measuring the relationship between variables.
5. Binet tried to devise a system of testing that would distinguish between the ____________ intelligence and the learned intelligence.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)