|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of measures did Binet turn his attention to when he realized skull measuring wasn't effective?
(d) Fingers and toes
2. E.D. Cope based his theory in #92 on the idea that the ____________ brought on earlier maturation.
(a) many wartimes
(b) lack of sun
(c) cooler climate
(d) warmer climate
3. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
4. Spearman also found there is a _______ substrate for intelligence except that this can be affected by outside factors.
5. Eysenck noticed that the average ________ of whites exceeds that of blacks.
(a) hair length
(d) eye color
6. Louis Bolk felt blacks were not totally ___________.
7. Binet tried to devise a system of testing that would distinguish between the ____________ intelligence and the learned intelligence.
8. "The __________ of inferior groups must be like __________ of superior groups..."
(a) adults, adults
(b) children, children
(c) adults, children
(d) children, adults
9. The principal components approach allowed Burt to identify _________ factors.
10. The answer to #114 became a way to measure the ___________ of the children, and thus their IQ levels.
(a) age level
(c) mental capacity
11. The answer to #142 indicates how much of a change there is in one variable due to a change in __________.
(a) the numbers
(b) the environment
(c) the weather
(d) another variable
12. How many rules did Binet come up with in order to decrease the likelihood of his test being misused?
13. Havelock found that _________ males were more effeminate.
14. H.H. Goddard was the first to do what with Binet's test?
(a) Bring it to America
(b) Use it on black children
(c) Follow all the rules
(d) Print it and turn it into a book
15. Where was Leon Kamin, the researcher who discovered Burt's flaws, a psychologist at?
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the perceived problems of Lombroso's theory was the need to call _________ criminals.
2. Goddard believed the mental deficients should be prevented from ____________.
3. What technique did Burt say he developed, although it was really Charles Spearman who created this technique?
4. "______________ proved an irresistible criterion for any scientist who wanted to rank human groups as higher or lower."
5. Binet was commissioned in 1904 to find a way to identify children who ______________.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)