|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(b) was scattered on the graphs
(c) remained unchanged
2. Eysenck thought that those with ______ rapidly developing skills (as mentioned in #100) also had lower IQ scores.
3. Negative correlation is given by vectors going in ____________ directions.
(d) the same
4. "s" was considered the product of _________ by both Spearman and Burt.
5. Binet was worried, however, that his testing might cause the child to be ___________ in school.
(a) made fun of
(c) separated from others
(d) an outcast
6. What group of students/people, as discovered by their intelligence level in response to Binet's test, was most dangerous and trainable?
7. Havelock found that _________ males were more effeminate.
8. Factor analysis was the _________ technique to be used in intelligence testing, even thought Burt went about it the wrong way.
9. Goddard believed the mental deficients should be prevented from ____________.
(d) attending school
10. One of the perceived problems of Lombroso's theory was the need to call _________ criminals.
11. The answer to #142 indicates how much of a change there is in one variable due to a change in __________.
(a) the weather
(b) another variable
(c) the numbers
(d) the environment
12. Sir Cyril Burt was a medical tester who studied ___________.
(a) white adults
13. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
(d) assembled into books
14. E.D. Cope based his theory in #92 on the idea that the ____________ brought on earlier maturation.
(a) many wartimes
(b) warmer climate
(c) cooler climate
(d) lack of sun
15. The field of ________ sciences was redefined during the 19th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spearman also found there is a _______ substrate for intelligence except that this can be affected by outside factors.
2. Bolk felt what race was not only the most progressive, but also the most retarded?
3. ______________ is a way of measuring the relationship between variables.
4. Gould thought that Eysenck's arguments were the result of __________ correlations.
5. The German psychologist W. Stern argued that mental age should be ____________ by chronological age.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)