|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which label could also live independently and reproduce and be a threat to racial health?
2. It was discovered that there was no general _________ of intelligence as Spearman once thought.
3. Goddard believed the mental deficients should be prevented from ____________.
(b) attending school
4. What was the nationality of H. J. Eysenck?
5. Havelock found that _________ males were more effeminate.
6. "An anatomical theory for ranking __________ - based on entire bodies, not only on heads, - had been found."
7. Factor analysis was the _________ technique to be used in intelligence testing, even thought Burt went about it the wrong way.
8. Binet was worried, however, that his testing might cause the child to be ___________ in school.
(a) an outcast
(c) made fun of
(d) separated from others
9. ______________ is a way of measuring the relationship between variables.
(b) A square ratio
10. Louis Bolk felt blacks were not totally ___________.
11. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
(a) assembled into books
12. Cesare Lombroso thought that ____________ behavior is hereditary.
13. Gould felt that Eysenck's arguments are not based on ___________ facts.
14. "______________ proved an irresistible criterion for any scientist who wanted to rank human groups as higher or lower."
15. Binet believed that not all intelligence was ___________.
(c) the same
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Binet devise in order to help test the school children?
2. Where was Leon Kamin, the researcher who discovered Burt's flaws, a psychologist at?
3. According to Lombroso, the genes of the past are contained in the hereditary of the individual and the ___________ surfaces at times.
4. How many rules did Binet come up with in order to decrease the likelihood of his test being misused?
5. Intelligence, according to Goddard, came from ________ and nothing else.
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)