|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(b) remained unchanged
(c) was scattered on the graphs
2. What big theory was just becoming popular in the nineteenth century?
3. "Mental testing becomes a theory for enhancing ___________ through proper education."
4. "______________ proved an irresistible criterion for any scientist who wanted to rank human groups as higher or lower."
5. Spearman found that intelligence is a ____________ thing.
(a) many splendored
6. Gould felt that Eysenck's arguments are not based on ___________ facts.
7. Where did Alfred Binet study human intelligence and how to measure it?
8. According to Lombroso, the genes of the past are contained in the hereditary of the individual and the ___________ surfaces at times.
(d) aggression towards women
9. Negative correlation is given by vectors going in ____________ directions.
(d) the same
10. A perfect correlation graph between two variables would show ________________.
(a) overlapping vectors
(b) shaded areas in the corners
(c) one line
(d) up and down lines
11. What was Lombroso's theory known as?
12. Goddard was trying to develop a _____________ scale to measure intelligence.
13. Gould thought that Eysenck's arguments were the result of __________ correlations.
(b) non causal
14. No matter how strong a correlation is, it says nothing about _________.
15. E.D. Cope thought that _______ Europeans were inferior to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Factor analysis is a _______ method technique.
2. Eysenck noticed that the average ________ of whites exceeds that of blacks.
3. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
4. In a factor analysis graph, the two vectors lie ___________.
5. "G" was considered to be _________.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)