|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goddard was trying to develop a _____________ scale to measure intelligence.
2. Eysenck thought that those with ______ rapidly developing skills (as mentioned in #100) also had lower IQ scores.
3. Binet spend a lot of time measuring skulls to see the correlation between size and intelligence, like Broca claimed, but his findings did not correlate with the __________ designation of smart and dumb.
4. H.H. Goddard was the first to do what with Binet's test?
(a) Print it and turn it into a book
(b) Follow all the rules
(c) Bring it to America
(d) Use it on black children
5. According to Lombroso, the genes of the past are contained in the hereditary of the individual and the ___________ surfaces at times.
(a) aggression towards women
6. The field of ________ sciences was redefined during the 19th century.
7. The German psychologist W. Stern argued that mental age should be ____________ by chronological age.
(a) added to
8. What group of students/people, as discovered by their intelligence level in response to Binet's test, was most dangerous and trainable?
9. Louis Bolk felt blacks were not totally ___________.
10. Where was Leon Kamin, the researcher who discovered Burt's flaws, a psychologist at?
11. The answer to #142 indicates how much of a change there is in one variable due to a change in __________.
(a) another variable
(b) the weather
(c) the environment
(d) the numbers
12. Gould felt that Eysenck's arguments are not based on ___________ facts.
13. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(a) was scattered on the graphs
(d) remained unchanged
14. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
(b) assembled into books
15. "s" was considered the product of _________ by both Spearman and Burt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burt seemed to have increased his sample of patients from fewer then 20 to more than ________ in a number of publications. This irregularity began the undoing of his work's findings.
2. Binet believed that not all intelligence was ___________.
3. Negative correlation is given by vectors going in ____________ directions.
4. Intelligence, according to Goddard, came from ________ and nothing else.
5. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)