|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "s" was considered the product of _________ by both Spearman and Burt.
2. Louis Bolk felt blacks were not totally ___________.
3. "G" was considered to be _________.
(b) gender based
4. The answer to #142 indicates how much of a change there is in one variable due to a change in __________.
(a) another variable
(b) the weather
(c) the environment
(d) the numbers
5. Cesare Lombroso thought that ____________ behavior is hereditary.
6. A perfect correlation graph between two variables would show ________________.
(a) shaded areas in the corners
(b) one line
(c) overlapping vectors
(d) up and down lines
7. Factor analysis is a _______ method technique.
8. How many reasons did Burt feel could be used for discounting the effects of environment?
9. Unlike Binet, Goddard used __________ to label and to categorize.
10. Havelock Ellis was a scientist who claimed the superiority of __________ during this period.
(d) elderly people
11. One problem that resulted from Binet's test was this idea: If intelligence was ____________, it was inevitable.
12. "______________ proved an irresistible criterion for any scientist who wanted to rank human groups as higher or lower."
13. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
(d) assembled into books
14. ______________ is a way of measuring the relationship between variables.
(d) A square ratio
15. H.H. Goddard was the first to do what with Binet's test?
(a) Follow all the rules
(b) Use it on black children
(c) Bring it to America
(d) Print it and turn it into a book
Short Answer Questions
1. Binet believed that not all intelligence was ___________.
2. What technique did Burt say he developed, although it was really Charles Spearman who created this technique?
3. Binet was worried, however, that his testing might cause the child to be ___________ in school.
4. "[T]he child represents a ____________ adult ancestor."
5. Binet also noticed differences between the figures collected by himself and by his student, ___________.
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)