|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Havelock Ellis was a scientist who claimed the superiority of __________ during this period.
(b) elderly people
2. What was Lombroso's theory known as?
3. What does 'g' stand for in a graph for factor analysis?
(c) General intelligence
(d) Good intelligence
4. Burt seemed to have increased his sample of patients from fewer then 20 to more than ________ in a number of publications. This irregularity began the undoing of his work's findings.
5. E.D. Cope thought that _______ Europeans were inferior to others.
6. No matter how strong a correlation is, it says nothing about _________.
7. Binet tried to devise a system of testing that would distinguish between the ____________ intelligence and the learned intelligence.
8. What kinds of measures did Binet turn his attention to when he realized skull measuring wasn't effective?
(c) Fingers and toes
9. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
10. Eysenck thought that those with ______ rapidly developing skills (as mentioned in #100) also had lower IQ scores.
11. One problem that resulted from Binet's test was this idea: If intelligence was ____________, it was inevitable.
12. Factor analysis is a _______ method technique.
13. Sir Cyril Burt was a medical tester who studied ___________.
(b) white adults
14. "______________ proved an irresistible criterion for any scientist who wanted to rank human groups as higher or lower."
15. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(c) was scattered on the graphs
(d) remained unchanged
Short Answer Questions
1. What technique did Burt say he developed, although it was really Charles Spearman who created this technique?
2. "[T]he child represents a ____________ adult ancestor."
3. Bolk felt what race was not only the most progressive, but also the most retarded?
4. Negative correlation is given by vectors going in ____________ directions.
5. How many reasons did Burt feel could be used for discounting the effects of environment?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)