|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eysenck thought that those with ______ rapidly developing skills (as mentioned in #100) also had lower IQ scores.
2. The answer to #93 caused a slowdown in ____________, leading to inferiority.
(a) skin coloring
(b) sexual characteristics
(c) hair coloring
3. Unlike Binet, Goddard used __________ to label and to categorize.
4. A perfect correlation graph between two variables would show ________________.
(a) one line
(b) shaded areas in the corners
(c) overlapping vectors
(d) up and down lines
5. No matter how strong a correlation is, it says nothing about _________.
6. Factor analysis is a _______ method technique.
7. "______________ proved an irresistible criterion for any scientist who wanted to rank human groups as higher or lower."
8. What kinds of measures did Binet turn his attention to when he realized skull measuring wasn't effective?
(d) Fingers and toes
9. What did Binet devise in order to help test the school children?
(a) A picture book
(b) A series of tasks
(c) Story problems
(d) A set of math problems
10. "An anatomical theory for ranking __________ - based on entire bodies, not only on heads, - had been found."
11. Louis Bolk felt blacks were not totally ___________.
12. In a factor analysis graph, the two vectors lie ___________.
(a) One on top of the other
(b) on opposite sides of the graph
(c) close to each other
(d) away from each other
13. Binet also noticed differences between the figures collected by himself and by his student, ___________.
14. How many reasons did Burt feel could be used for discounting the effects of environment?
15. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(b) was scattered on the graphs
(c) remained unchanged
Short Answer Questions
1. Which label could also live independently and reproduce and be a threat to racial health?
2. Gould felt that Eysenck's arguments are not based on ___________ facts.
3. Havelock Ellis was a scientist who claimed the superiority of __________ during this period.
4. "s" was considered the product of _________ by both Spearman and Burt.
5. Cesare Lombroso thought that ____________ behavior is hereditary.
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)