|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "[T]he child represents a ____________ adult ancestor."
2. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
3. What outside factors are being alluded to in #151?
4. Eysenck thought that those with ______ rapidly developing skills (as mentioned in #100) also had lower IQ scores.
5. What technique is explained in terms of geometry and matrix algebra?
(b) Factor analysis
(c) Advanced algebra
6. "______________ proved an irresistible criterion for any scientist who wanted to rank human groups as higher or lower."
7. ______________ is a way of measuring the relationship between variables.
(b) A square ratio
8. Where did Alfred Binet study human intelligence and how to measure it?
9. "G" was considered to be _________.
(b) gender based
10. The answer to #142 indicates how much of a change there is in one variable due to a change in __________.
(a) the numbers
(b) another variable
(c) the environment
(d) the weather
11. What kinds of measures did Binet turn his attention to when he realized skull measuring wasn't effective?
(a) Fingers and toes
12. Eysenck noticed that the average ________ of whites exceeds that of blacks.
(a) hair length
(c) eye color
13. One problem that resulted from Binet's test was this idea: If intelligence was ____________, it was inevitable.
14. Binet was worried, however, that his testing might cause the child to be ___________ in school.
(a) separated from others
(b) an outcast
(d) made fun of
15. "An anatomical theory for ranking __________ - based on entire bodies, not only on heads, - had been found."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Leon Kamin, the researcher who discovered Burt's flaws, a psychologist at?
2. What big theory was just becoming popular in the nineteenth century?
3. Who did Goddard classify was having a mental age below 3?
4. Gould felt that Eysenck's arguments are not based on ___________ facts.
5. Members of the inferior group were always compared with ________ children.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)