|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What technique did Burt say he developed, although it was really Charles Spearman who created this technique?
(a) Algebraic formulation
(b) Factor counting
(c) Factor analysis
(d) Statistical analysis
2. In a factor analysis graph, the two vectors lie ___________.
(a) One on top of the other
(b) on opposite sides of the graph
(c) close to each other
(d) away from each other
3. The principal components approach allowed Burt to identify _________ factors.
4. Eysenck believed the _____________ development of black youngsters develops more quickly than in whites.
(b) sensory motor
5. Binet tried to devise a system of testing that would distinguish between the ____________ intelligence and the learned intelligence.
6. Unlike Binet, Goddard used __________ to label and to categorize.
7. "The __________ of inferior groups must be like __________ of superior groups..."
(a) adults, adults
(b) children, children
(c) adults, children
(d) children, adults
8. What group of students/people, as discovered by their intelligence level in response to Binet's test, was most dangerous and trainable?
9. Bolk felt what race was not only the most progressive, but also the most retarded?
(b) He didn't say this.
10. According to Lombroso, the genes of the past are contained in the hereditary of the individual and the ___________ surfaces at times.
(c) aggression towards women
11. "______________ proved an irresistible criterion for any scientist who wanted to rank human groups as higher or lower."
12. Havelock Ellis was a scientist who claimed the superiority of __________ during this period.
(a) elderly people
13. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(a) was scattered on the graphs
(d) remained unchanged
14. Where did Alfred Binet study human intelligence and how to measure it?
15. Cesare Lombroso thought that ____________ behavior is hereditary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spearman also found there is a _______ substrate for intelligence except that this can be affected by outside factors.
2. The German psychologist W. Stern argued that mental age should be ____________ by chronological age.
3. Factor analysis is a _______ method technique.
4. Intelligence, according to Goddard, came from ________ and nothing else.
5. One problem that resulted from Binet's test was this idea: If intelligence was ____________, it was inevitable.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)