Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
2. What was Lombroso's theory known as?
3. Bolk felt what race was not only the most progressive, but also the most retarded?
(d) He didn't say this.
4. The German psychologist W. Stern argued that mental age should be ____________ by chronological age.
(d) added to
5. Burt seemed to have increased his sample of patients from fewer then 20 to more than ________ in a number of publications. This irregularity began the undoing of his work's findings.
6. What group of students/people, as discovered by their intelligence level in response to Binet's test, was most dangerous and trainable?
7. Gould thought that Eysenck's arguments were the result of __________ correlations.
(b) non causal
8. "G" was considered to be _________.
(b) gender based
9. Eysenck noticed that the average ________ of whites exceeds that of blacks.
(b) hair length
(d) eye color
10. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(b) remained unchanged
(c) was scattered on the graphs
11. "Mental testing becomes a theory for enhancing ___________ through proper education."
12. Binet believed that not all intelligence was ___________.
(c) the same
13. Goddard believed the mental deficients should be prevented from ____________.
(b) attending school
14. Spearman also found there is a _______ substrate for intelligence except that this can be affected by outside factors.
15. How many reasons did Burt feel could be used for discounting the effects of environment?
Short Answer Questions
1. "______________ proved an irresistible criterion for any scientist who wanted to rank human groups as higher or lower."
2. E.D. Cope thought that _______ Europeans were inferior to others.
3. The principal components approach allowed Burt to identify _________ factors.
4. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
5. Gould felt that Eysenck's arguments are not based on ___________ facts.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)