|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Spearman found that intelligence is a ____________ thing.
(a) many splendored
2. Spearman also found there is a _______ substrate for intelligence except that this can be affected by outside factors.
3. The German psychologist W. Stern argued that mental age should be ____________ by chronological age.
(a) added to
4. Factor analysis was the _________ technique to be used in intelligence testing, even thought Burt went about it the wrong way.
5. How many rules did Binet come up with in order to decrease the likelihood of his test being misused?
6. Goddard was trying to develop a _____________ scale to measure intelligence.
7. Where was Leon Kamin, the researcher who discovered Burt's flaws, a psychologist at?
8. What kinds of measures did Binet turn his attention to when he realized skull measuring wasn't effective?
(c) Fingers and toes
9. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
(c) assembled into books
10. How many reasons did Burt feel could be used for discounting the effects of environment?
11. What big theory was just becoming popular in the nineteenth century?
12. Eysenck noticed that the average ________ of whites exceeds that of blacks.
(b) eye color
(c) hair length
13. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(a) was scattered on the graphs
(b) remained unchanged
14. "s" was considered the product of _________ by both Spearman and Burt.
15. The answer to #142 indicates how much of a change there is in one variable due to a change in __________.
(a) the numbers
(b) the environment
(c) the weather
(d) another variable
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
2. Eysenck believed the _____________ development of black youngsters develops more quickly than in whites.
3. A perfect correlation graph between two variables would show ________________.
4. What was the nationality of H. J. Eysenck?
5. Who did Goddard classify was having a mental age below 3?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)