|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burt seemed to have increased his sample of patients from fewer then 20 to more than ________ in a number of publications. This irregularity began the undoing of his work's findings.
2. "[T]he child represents a ____________ adult ancestor."
3. One problem that resulted from Binet's test was this idea: If intelligence was ____________, it was inevitable.
4. What was Lombroso's theory known as?
5. What technique is explained in terms of geometry and matrix algebra?
(a) Advanced algebra
(d) Factor analysis
6. Where did Alfred Binet study human intelligence and how to measure it?
7. "s" was considered the product of _________ by both Spearman and Burt.
8. "G" was considered to be _________.
(b) gender based
9. Spearman found that intelligence is a ____________ thing.
(a) many splendored
10. How many reasons did Burt feel could be used for discounting the effects of environment?
11. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(b) was scattered on the graphs
(c) remained unchanged
12. E.D. Cope based his theory in #92 on the idea that the ____________ brought on earlier maturation.
(a) warmer climate
(b) lack of sun
(c) many wartimes
(d) cooler climate
13. One of the perceived problems of Lombroso's theory was the need to call _________ criminals.
14. The answer to #93 caused a slowdown in ____________, leading to inferiority.
(a) hair coloring
(b) sexual characteristics
(c) skin coloring
15. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does 'g' stand for in a graph for factor analysis?
2. E.D. Cope thought that _______ Europeans were inferior to others.
3. What technique did Burt say he developed, although it was really Charles Spearman who created this technique?
4. Where was Leon Kamin, the researcher who discovered Burt's flaws, a psychologist at?
5. What did Binet devise in order to help test the school children?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)