|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Binet was commissioned in 1904 to find a way to identify children who ______________.
(a) were bad at math
(b) were unteachable
(c) were autistic
(d) needed special help in school
2. Unlike Binet, Goddard used __________ to label and to categorize.
3. Havelock Ellis was a scientist who claimed the superiority of __________ during this period.
(d) elderly people
4. Where was Leon Kamin, the researcher who discovered Burt's flaws, a psychologist at?
5. Factor analysis was the _________ technique to be used in intelligence testing, even thought Burt went about it the wrong way.
6. The general intellectual knowledge of the child was calculated by subtracting the ________ age from his true chronological age.
(d) head size
7. What technique is explained in terms of geometry and matrix algebra?
(c) Factor analysis
(d) Advanced algebra
8. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
9. Sir Cyril Burt was a medical tester who studied ___________.
(d) white adults
10. What technique did Burt say he developed, although it was really Charles Spearman who created this technique?
(a) Factor analysis
(b) Factor counting
(c) Statistical analysis
(d) Algebraic formulation
11. Louis Bolk felt blacks were not totally ___________.
12. Negative correlation is given by vectors going in ____________ directions.
(d) the same
13. One of the perceived problems of Lombroso's theory was the need to call _________ criminals.
14. Gould thought that Eysenck's arguments were the result of __________ correlations.
(a) non causal
15. Eysenck noticed that the average ________ of whites exceeds that of blacks.
(a) hair length
(c) eye color
Short Answer Questions
1. It was discovered that there was no general _________ of intelligence as Spearman once thought.
2. Eysenck believed the _____________ development of black youngsters develops more quickly than in whites.
3. What group of students/people, as discovered by their intelligence level in response to Binet's test, was most dangerous and trainable?
4. No matter how strong a correlation is, it says nothing about _________.
5. The field of ________ sciences was redefined during the 19th century.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)