|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The answer to #142 indicates how much of a change there is in one variable due to a change in __________.
(a) another variable
(b) the numbers
(c) the weather
(d) the environment
2. "The __________ of inferior groups must be like __________ of superior groups..."
(a) children, children
(b) children, adults
(c) adults, adults
(d) adults, children
3. One of the perceived problems of Lombroso's theory was the need to call _________ criminals.
4. "______________ proved an irresistible criterion for any scientist who wanted to rank human groups as higher or lower."
5. Havelock Ellis was a scientist who claimed the superiority of __________ during this period.
(a) elderly people
6. Where was Leon Kamin, the researcher who discovered Burt's flaws, a psychologist at?
7. Binet was commissioned in 1904 to find a way to identify children who ______________.
(a) were unteachable
(b) needed special help in school
(c) were bad at math
(d) were autistic
8. Sir Cyril Burt was a medical tester who studied ___________.
(c) white adults
9. E.D. Cope based his theory in #92 on the idea that the ____________ brought on earlier maturation.
(a) warmer climate
(b) cooler climate
(c) many wartimes
(d) lack of sun
10. What big theory was just becoming popular in the nineteenth century?
11. Binet was worried, however, that his testing might cause the child to be ___________ in school.
(a) made fun of
(b) an outcast
(d) separated from others
12. How many rules did Binet come up with in order to decrease the likelihood of his test being misused?
13. Members of the inferior group were always compared with ________ children.
14. No matter how strong a correlation is, it says nothing about _________.
15. Spearman also found there is a _______ substrate for intelligence except that this can be affected by outside factors.
Short Answer Questions
1. The field of ________ sciences was redefined during the 19th century.
2. "Mental testing becomes a theory for enhancing ___________ through proper education."
3. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
4. What kinds of measures did Binet turn his attention to when he realized skull measuring wasn't effective?
5. ______________ is a way of measuring the relationship between variables.
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)