|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Mental testing becomes a theory for enhancing ___________ through proper education."
2. Havelock Ellis was a scientist who claimed the superiority of __________ during this period.
(b) elderly people
3. Eysenck believed the _____________ development of black youngsters develops more quickly than in whites.
(a) sensory motor
4. Binet believed that not all intelligence was ___________.
(d) the same
5. Spearman found that intelligence is a ____________ thing.
(d) many splendored
6. "G" was considered to be _________.
(d) gender based
7. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
(a) assembled into books
8. One problem that resulted from Binet's test was this idea: If intelligence was ____________, it was inevitable.
9. E.D. Cope based his theory in #92 on the idea that the ____________ brought on earlier maturation.
(a) cooler climate
(b) lack of sun
(c) many wartimes
(d) warmer climate
10. What group of students/people, as discovered by their intelligence level in response to Binet's test, was most dangerous and trainable?
11. It was discovered that there was no general _________ of intelligence as Spearman once thought.
12. Binet was worried, however, that his testing might cause the child to be ___________ in school.
(b) separated from others
(c) made fun of
(d) an outcast
13. Binet tried to devise a system of testing that would distinguish between the ____________ intelligence and the learned intelligence.
14. H.H. Goddard was the first to do what with Binet's test?
(a) Use it on black children
(b) Bring it to America
(c) Follow all the rules
(d) Print it and turn it into a book
15. Where was Leon Kamin, the researcher who discovered Burt's flaws, a psychologist at?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
2. Spearman also found there is a _______ substrate for intelligence except that this can be affected by outside factors.
3. What technique is explained in terms of geometry and matrix algebra?
4. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
5. No matter how strong a correlation is, it says nothing about _________.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)