|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cesare Lombroso thought that ____________ behavior is hereditary.
2. The answer to #114 became a way to measure the ___________ of the children, and thus their IQ levels.
(a) age level
(d) mental capacity
3. Members of the inferior group were always compared with ________ children.
4. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
5. Factor analysis was the _________ technique to be used in intelligence testing, even thought Burt went about it the wrong way.
6. What group of students/people, as discovered by their intelligence level in response to Binet's test, was most dangerous and trainable?
7. In a factor analysis graph, the two vectors lie ___________.
(a) One on top of the other
(b) close to each other
(c) on opposite sides of the graph
(d) away from each other
8. Spearman also found there is a _______ substrate for intelligence except that this can be affected by outside factors.
9. Which label could also live independently and reproduce and be a threat to racial health?
10. "G" was considered to be _________.
(a) gender based
11. What technique did Burt say he developed, although it was really Charles Spearman who created this technique?
(a) Statistical analysis
(b) Factor counting
(c) Factor analysis
(d) Algebraic formulation
12. No matter how strong a correlation is, it says nothing about _________.
13. Eysenck believed the _____________ development of black youngsters develops more quickly than in whites.
(c) sensory motor
14. Who did Goddard classify was having a mental age below 3?
15. Where was Leon Kamin, the researcher who discovered Burt's flaws, a psychologist at?
Short Answer Questions
1. Binet was worried, however, that his testing might cause the child to be ___________ in school.
2. Louis Bolk felt blacks were not totally ___________.
3. What outside factors are being alluded to in #151?
4. Bolk felt what race was not only the most progressive, but also the most retarded?
5. Negative correlation is given by vectors going in ____________ directions.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)