|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Goddard classify was having a mental age below 3?
2. Eysenck thought that those with ______ rapidly developing skills (as mentioned in #100) also had lower IQ scores.
3. "G" was considered to be _________.
(c) gender based
4. The answer to #142 indicates how much of a change there is in one variable due to a change in __________.
(a) another variable
(b) the numbers
(c) the environment
(d) the weather
5. The general intellectual knowledge of the child was calculated by subtracting the ________ age from his true chronological age.
(a) head size
6. ______________ is a way of measuring the relationship between variables.
(c) A square ratio
7. Goddard was trying to develop a _____________ scale to measure intelligence.
8. "[T]he child represents a ____________ adult ancestor."
9. Factor analysis is a _______ method technique.
10. Factor analysis was the _________ technique to be used in intelligence testing, even thought Burt went about it the wrong way.
11. No matter how strong a correlation is, it says nothing about _________.
12. "The __________ of inferior groups must be like __________ of superior groups..."
(a) adults, children
(b) adults, adults
(c) children, children
(d) children, adults
13. Gould thought that Eysenck's arguments were the result of __________ correlations.
(c) non causal
14. Louis Bolk felt blacks were not totally ___________.
15. What technique did Burt say he developed, although it was really Charles Spearman who created this technique?
(a) Algebraic formulation
(b) Factor analysis
(c) Statistical analysis
(d) Factor counting
Short Answer Questions
1. Binet was commissioned in 1904 to find a way to identify children who ______________.
2. Members of the inferior group were always compared with ________ children.
3. Negative correlation is given by vectors going in ____________ directions.
4. How many reasons did Burt feel could be used for discounting the effects of environment?
5. Binet tried to devise a system of testing that would distinguish between the ____________ intelligence and the learned intelligence.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)