|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People with ______ had smaller brain sizes than those who were suddenly killed in accidents.
(b) low iron
2. Craniometry is used for the _______ status of the people ranked at the bottom of the hierarchy.
3. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
4. Socrates says that class is ____________.
5. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
6. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
7. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
8. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
(a) biological determinism
(b) biological transfiguration
(c) biological destiny
(d) biological evolution
9. Who was the data analyst for the answer to #55?
(a) No one
10. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
(b) Cranial-sacral therapy
11. On what did Bean gather information?
(a) Social status
(b) Family intelligence
(c) Shoe size
(d) Corpus callosum
12. Which view was based on the story of Adam and Eve?
(a) Racial ranking
13. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
14. Who was Francis Galton's cousin?
(a) Charles Darwin
(b) Paul Broca
(c) Benjamin Franklin
(d) Stephen Gould
15. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Louis from #55 believed that there were different centers of _________.
2. Which view was based on the idea that inferior races can not be linked to the whites because they started from a separate group of DNA and people?
3. Which was the top-ranked race in practitioners of racial ranking?
4. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
5. Experts claimed it was no good to __________ blacks.
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)