|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
(a) Racial ranking experts
(b) Soft liners
(c) Hard liners
(d) Red liners
2. Louis from #55 believed that there were different centers of _________.
3. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
4. Who were like white adolescents?
(a) Adult blacks
(b) White children
(c) Adult Mongolians
(d) Black children
5. Gould says the claims of inferiority are limited to ____________ even thought race, sex, and social class are tied together.
(a) one group
(b) one setting
(c) one scientist
(d) one study
6. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
7. Socrates says that class is ____________.
8. What was the most famous work of the man in #59?
(a) Crania Americana
(b) Crania Astounda
(c) Crania Inca
9. It is logical to assume that mentality and ____________ are located in the brain.
10. Where did Francis Galton have a display in 1884?
(a) His home
(b) International Exposition
(c) Nobel Prize banquet
(d) World Fair
11. Hume believed there was never a __________ nation that wasn't made of white men.
(b) conflict ridden
12. Experts claimed it was no good to __________ blacks.
(d) listen to
13. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
14. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
15. Which view was based on the idea that inferior races can not be linked to the whites because they started from a separate group of DNA and people?
(c) Racial ranking
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
2. Paul Broca was a professor of surgery in what city?
3. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
4. Who is the author of "An American Dilemma?"
5. What did Galton measure in order to ascertain the intelligence of people?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)