|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flaws in the experimental design, according to Gould, do not lead to _________ in the numbers.
(b) the right sums
(c) proper graphs
2. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
3. Did a desire for ______ lead to the questions and data to support a predetermined conclusion?
4. What means there is some sort of ordering that is used in assigning individuals to their relevant spot?
(a) Theoretic discourse
(b) Scientific study
5. In America, the theory of polygeny was supported by Louis __________.
6. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
7. David Hume was a believer in the superiority of the _______ and polygeny.
(a) white female
(b) white race
(c) white child
(d) black race
8. Motor functions are performed at the _________ of the brain.
(a) right side
(b) left side
9. Franklin P. Mall __________ and __________ Bean's work.
(a) repeated, refuted
(b) understood, appreciated
(c) idolized, copied
(d) repeated, agreed with
10. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
(a) Soft liners
(b) Hard liners
(c) Red liners
(d) Racial ranking experts
11. Where did Francis Galton have a display in 1884?
(a) International Exposition
(b) His home
(c) Nobel Prize banquet
(d) World Fair
12. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
13. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
14. According to Gould, Broca's studies were __________ by his choice of what to observe to provide that white brains were larger than black brains.
15. It was thought that black brains could not ____________ or absorb information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul Broca was a professor of surgery in what city?
2. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
3. Who was Francis Galton's cousin?
4. Gould says the manner in which ___________ are formulated is also problematic to studies.
5. Louis from #55 believed that there were different centers of _________.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)