|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what did Bean gather information?
(a) Corpus callosum
(b) Family intelligence
(c) Social status
(d) Shoe size
2. Louis Pierre Gratiolet wanted to prove that __________ brains were bigger than __________ brains.
(a) German, French
(b) German, American
(c) American, French
(d) French, German
3. Flaws in the experimental design, according to Gould, do not lead to _________ in the numbers.
(c) proper graphs
(d) the right sums
4. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
(a) Soft liners
(b) Red liners
(c) Hard liners
(d) Racial ranking experts
5. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
6. The answer to #48 also tried to show the entities with a higher ranking had to repeat the _________ of those with lower ranking.
(c) growth stages
7. Which view was based on the idea that inferior races can not be linked to the whites because they started from a separate group of DNA and people?
(a) Racial ranking
8. Blumenbach believed differences in races might be linked to __________.
(b) water supply
9. What means there is some sort of ordering that is used in assigning individuals to their relevant spot?
(a) Theoretic discourse
(c) Scientific study
10. Craniometry is used for the _______ status of the people ranked at the bottom of the hierarchy.
11. Gould says the manner in which ___________ are formulated is also problematic to studies.
(b) data sets
(c) study conditions
(d) scientific questions
12. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(a) scientific researchers
(d) data sets
13. David Hume was a believer in the superiority of the _______ and polygeny.
(a) black race
(b) white race
(c) white child
(d) white female
14. It was thought that black brains could not ____________ or absorb information.
15. Which race was ranked last in the eyes of the practitioners of racial ranking?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
2. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
3. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
4. Paul Broca was a professor of surgery in what city?
5. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)