|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
2. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
(a) racial ranking
(b) medical findings
(c) scientific errors
(d) scientists in general
3. Broca's numbers were based on his ______________, according to Gould.
4. In America, the theory of polygeny was supported by Louis __________.
5. Gould says the manner in which ___________ are formulated is also problematic to studies.
(a) study conditions
(b) scientific questions
(d) data sets
6. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
7. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
(d) Cranial-sacral therapy
8. What did Galton measure in order to ascertain the intelligence of people?
(a) The space between their eyes
(b) Their skull
(c) Their leg length
(d) Their wrist
9. Flaws in the experimental design, according to Gould, do not lead to _________ in the numbers.
(c) the right sums
(d) proper graphs
10. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
11. It is logical to assume that mentality and ____________ are located in the brain.
12. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
13. Gould also wants to look for problems in the ___________ data.
14. Motor functions are performed at the _________ of the brain.
(a) left side
(b) right side
15. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
2. The main question becomes, can ________ change the status of the inferior group?
3. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
4. Broca also thought that ________ should be denied the benefits of education due to smaller brains.
5. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)