|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Galton measure in order to ascertain the intelligence of people?
(a) Their leg length
(b) The space between their eyes
(c) Their wrist
(d) Their skull
2. In America, the theory of polygeny was supported by Louis __________.
3. Where did Francis Galton have a display in 1884?
(a) International Exposition
(b) World Fair
(c) Nobel Prize banquet
(d) His home
4. Who believes blacks are inferior but that intelligence should not be tied to the right for freedom?
(a) Hard liners
(b) Racial ranking staff
(c) Red liners
(d) Soft liners
5. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
6. Louis from #55 believed that there were different centers of _________.
7. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
(a) out of date
8. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
(a) Society will become revolutionary.
(b) Society will become enlightened.
(c) Society will remain stable.
(d) Society will stop changing.
9. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
10. What means there is some sort of ordering that is used in assigning individuals to their relevant spot?
(b) Theoretic discourse
(c) Scientific study
11. Louis Pierre Gratiolet wanted to prove that __________ brains were bigger than __________ brains.
(a) American, French
(b) German, French
(c) French, German
(d) German, American
12. According to Gould, Broca's studies were __________ by his choice of what to observe to provide that white brains were larger than black brains.
13. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
14. What did Gould see Broca had formed before he ever started his research?
15. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
Short Answer Questions
1. People with ______ had smaller brain sizes than those who were suddenly killed in accidents.
2. The answer to #48 also said that adult blacks were like _______________.
3. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
4. What was Francis Galton's book published in 1869?
5. It was thought that black brains could not ____________ or absorb information.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)