|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Robert Bennett Bean a physician?
2. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
3. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
(c) out of date
4. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
5. Louis from #55 believed that there were different centers of _________.
6. Who was the data analyst for the answer to #55?
(a) No one
7. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
8. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
9. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
10. Who was Francis Galton's cousin?
(a) Stephen Gould
(b) Benjamin Franklin
(c) Charles Darwin
(d) Paul Broca
11. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
12. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
13. Who believes blacks are inferior but that intelligence should not be tied to the right for freedom?
(a) Soft liners
(b) Hard liners
(c) Red liners
(d) Racial ranking staff
14. What kind of disease can cause the brain to diminish in size before death?
15. Gould wants to know if science added the ___________ data, or......
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
2. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
3. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
4. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
5. Which view was based on the story of Adam and Eve?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)