Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
2. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
3. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(a) data sets
(c) scientific researchers
4. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
(a) Racial ranking experts
(b) Hard liners
(c) Red liners
(d) Soft liners
5. What was the most famous work of the man in #59?
(a) Crania Americana
(c) Crania Astounda
(d) Crania Inca
6. The answer to #48 also said that adult blacks were like _______________.
(b) black children
(c) white children
(d) white adolescents
7. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
8. Gould says the claims of inferiority are limited to ____________ even thought race, sex, and social class are tied together.
(a) one study
(b) one group
(c) one scientist
(d) one setting
9. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
10. Within what century did science become fascinated with numbers?
11. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
(a) scientific errors
(b) racial ranking
(c) medical findings
(d) scientists in general
12. Black anatomical structure was often compared to that of a __________.
13. The answer to #55 was known as a _________ because he looked for small differences between species.
(a) microcosm expert
(c) species expert
14. Who were like white adolescents?
(a) White children
(b) Adult blacks
(c) Adult Mongolians
(d) Black children
15. Experts claimed it was no good to __________ blacks.
(a) listen to
Short Answer Questions
1. Socrates says that class is ____________.
2. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
3. It was thought that black brains could not ____________ or absorb information.
4. Where was Robert Bennett Bean a physician?
5. Broca's numbers were based on his ______________, according to Gould.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)