|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
2. Blumenbach believed differences in races might be linked to __________.
(c) water supply
3. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
(a) medical findings
(b) scientists in general
(c) scientific errors
(d) racial ranking
4. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(a) scientific researchers
(d) data sets
5. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
6. Who was the data analyst for the answer to #55?
(a) No one
7. Craniometry is used for the _______ status of the people ranked at the bottom of the hierarchy.
8. According to Gould, Broca's studies were __________ by his choice of what to observe to provide that white brains were larger than black brains.
9. Which view was based on the story of Adam and Eve?
(b) Racial ranking
10. Which race was ranked last in the eyes of the practitioners of racial ranking?
11. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
12. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
13. Paul Broca was a professor of surgery in what city?
(a) New York
14. Which was the top-ranked race in practitioners of racial ranking?
15. When did craniometry first appear in the study of intelligence?
(a) Early 19th century
(b) Last 18th century
(c) Late 19th century
(d) Early 18th century
Short Answer Questions
1. Broca also thought that ________ should be denied the benefits of education due to smaller brains.
2. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
3. Did a desire for ______ lead to the questions and data to support a predetermined conclusion?
4. Experts claimed it was no good to __________ blacks.
5. Which was the second-ranked race for the practitioners of racial ranking?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)