|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main question becomes, can ________ change the status of the inferior group?
2. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
3. "We now encounter the second ____________ - ranking..."
4. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
5. The answer to #55 was known as a _________ because he looked for small differences between species.
(c) species expert
(d) microcosm expert
6. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
7. Experts claimed it was no good to __________ blacks.
(a) listen to
8. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
(a) future, present
(b) present, future
(c) common, enlightened
(d) poor, rich
9. Which view was based on the story of Adam and Eve?
(c) Racial ranking
10. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Bad data systems
(b) Faulty logic
(c) Cultural influences
(d) Errors in correlation
11. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
12. What did Gould see Broca had formed before he ever started his research?
13. Did a desire for ______ lead to the questions and data to support a predetermined conclusion?
14. The answer to #48 also tried to show the entities with a higher ranking had to repeat the _________ of those with lower ranking.
(c) growth stages
15. Where was Robert Bennett Bean a physician?
Short Answer Questions
1. Socrates says that class is ____________.
2. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
3. Which race was ranked last in the eyes of the practitioners of racial ranking?
4. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
5. David Hume was a believer in the superiority of the _______ and polygeny.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)