|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Craniometry is used for the _______ status of the people ranked at the bottom of the hierarchy.
2. Which view was based on the story of Adam and Eve?
(a) Racial ranking
3. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
(d) Cranial-sacral therapy
4. The main question becomes, can ________ change the status of the inferior group?
5. It was thought that black brains could not ____________ or absorb information.
6. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
7. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
8. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
9. Experts claimed it was no good to __________ blacks.
(c) listen to
10. "We now encounter the second ____________ - ranking..."
11. Motor functions are performed at the _________ of the brain.
(b) left side
(c) right side
12. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
13. On what did Bean gather information?
(a) Shoe size
(b) Corpus callosum
(c) Social status
(d) Family intelligence
14. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
15. Louis from #55 believed that there were different centers of _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gould, Broca's studies were __________ by his choice of what to observe to provide that white brains were larger than black brains.
2. Gould wants to know if science added the ___________ data, or......
3. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
4. Socrates says that class is ____________.
5. Broca's numbers were based on his ______________, according to Gould.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)