|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Positive Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. H.H. Goddard was the first to do what with Binet's test?
(a) Print it and turn it into a book
(b) Use it on black children
(c) Bring it to America
(d) Follow all the rules
2. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
3. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Cultural influences
(b) Faulty logic
(c) Bad data systems
(d) Errors in correlation
4. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
5. But most of the factors identified by biological determinism were NOT the result of __________.
(d) good data
Short Answer Questions
1. Burt seemed to have increased his sample of patients from fewer then 20 to more than ________ in a number of publications. This irregularity began the undoing of his work's findings.
2. Which view was based on the story of Adam and Eve?
3. Who did Goddard classify was having a mental age below 3?
4. "They refute older ideas in the light of a different view about the __________ of things."
5. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)