|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Error of Cyril Burt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gould see Broca had formed before he ever started his research?
2. According to Lombroso, the genes of the past are contained in the hereditary of the individual and the ___________ surfaces at times.
(a) aggression towards women
3. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
(b) assembled into books
4. Did a desire for ______ lead to the questions and data to support a predetermined conclusion?
5. The general intellectual knowledge of the child was calculated by subtracting the ________ age from his true chronological age.
(b) head size
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the perceived problems of Lombroso's theory was the need to call _________ criminals.
2. Binet believed that not all intelligence was ___________.
3. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
4. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
5. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)