|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Error of Cyril Burt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
2. Louis Pierre Gratiolet wanted to prove that __________ brains were bigger than __________ brains.
(a) German, French
(b) German, American
(c) American, French
(d) French, German
3. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(b) remained unchanged
(c) was scattered on the graphs
4. Gould felt that Eysenck's arguments are not based on ___________ facts.
5. Gould also wants to look for problems in the ___________ data.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes blacks are inferior but that intelligence should not be tied to the right for freedom?
2. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
3. The principal components approach allowed Burt to identify _________ factors.
4. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
5. It was thought that black brains could not ____________ or absorb information.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)