|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Error of Cyril Burt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The principal components approach allowed Burt to identify _________ factors.
2. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
(a) scientists in general
(b) scientific errors
(c) medical findings
(d) racial ranking
3. Louis Pierre Gratiolet wanted to prove that __________ brains were bigger than __________ brains.
(a) German, American
(b) German, French
(c) French, German
(d) American, French
4. Who had a mental age between 3 and 7?
5. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(c) remained unchanged
(d) was scattered on the graphs
Short Answer Questions
1. When did craniometry first appear in the study of intelligence?
2. Did a desire for ______ lead to the questions and data to support a predetermined conclusion?
3. The main question becomes, can ________ change the status of the inferior group?
4. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
5. Who considered that other factors like general health and body size might also affect brain size?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)