|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Error of Cyril Burt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
2. The general intellectual knowledge of the child was calculated by subtracting the ________ age from his true chronological age.
(d) head size
3. Where did Francis Galton have a display in 1884?
(a) International Exposition
(b) Nobel Prize banquet
(c) His home
(d) World Fair
4. What kind of disease can cause the brain to diminish in size before death?
5. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
(a) racial ranking
(b) scientific errors
(c) medical findings
(d) scientists in general
Short Answer Questions
1. Binet spend a lot of time measuring skulls to see the correlation between size and intelligence, like Broca claimed, but his findings did not correlate with the __________ designation of smart and dumb.
2. Binet believed that not all intelligence was ___________.
3. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
4. Which label could also live independently and reproduce and be a threat to racial health?
5. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)