|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Error of Cyril Burt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "[T]he child represents a ____________ adult ancestor."
2. Who believes blacks are inferior but that intelligence should not be tied to the right for freedom?
(a) Hard liners
(b) Red liners
(c) Racial ranking staff
(d) Soft liners
3. Who was Francis Galton's cousin?
(a) Paul Broca
(b) Stephen Gould
(c) Charles Darwin
(d) Benjamin Franklin
4. Who were like white adolescents?
(a) Adult Mongolians
(b) Adult blacks
(c) Black children
(d) White children
5. Factor analysis is a _______ method technique.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
2. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
3. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
4. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
5. Experts claimed it was no good to __________ blacks.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)