|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
2. What did Galton measure in order to ascertain the intelligence of people?
(a) Their skull
(b) Their wrist
(c) The space between their eyes
(d) Their leg length
3. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
(a) Cranial-sacral therapy
4. Who considered that other factors like general health and body size might also affect brain size?
5. Who believes blacks are inferior but that intelligence should not be tied to the right for freedom?
(a) Hard liners
(b) Red liners
(c) Soft liners
(d) Racial ranking staff
Short Answer Questions
1. Blumenbach believed differences in races might be linked to __________.
2. The answer to #55 was known as a _________ because he looked for small differences between species.
3. In America, the theory of polygeny was supported by Louis __________.
4. Flaws in the experimental design, according to Gould, do not lead to _________ in the numbers.
5. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)