|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul Broca was a professor of surgery in what city?
(c) New York
2. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
(a) biological evolution
(b) biological destiny
(c) biological determinism
(d) biological transfiguration
3. Franklin P. Mall __________ and __________ Bean's work.
(a) understood, appreciated
(b) repeated, agreed with
(c) idolized, copied
(d) repeated, refuted
4. Broca also thought that ________ should be denied the benefits of education due to smaller brains.
(d) elderly people
5. What did Galton measure in order to ascertain the intelligence of people?
(a) Their wrist
(b) Their skull
(c) The space between their eyes
(d) Their leg length
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gould, Broca's studies were __________ by his choice of what to observe to provide that white brains were larger than black brains.
2. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
3. The answer to #55 was known as a _________ because he looked for small differences between species.
4. The answer to #48 also said that adult blacks were like _______________.
5. Bean compared the _______ of blacks and whites to prove his view of the inferiority of blacks.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)