|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Galton measure in order to ascertain the intelligence of people?
(a) Their skull
(b) Their wrist
(c) Their leg length
(d) The space between their eyes
2. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
3. Paul Broca was a professor of surgery in what city?
(d) New York
4. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
5. Hume believed there was never a __________ nation that wasn't made of white men.
(d) conflict ridden
Short Answer Questions
1. What means there is some sort of ordering that is used in assigning individuals to their relevant spot?
2. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
3. Bean felt that the ______, or front part of the brain, was smaller in women than in men.
4. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
5. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)