|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
2. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(b) data sets
(d) scientific researchers
3. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
(a) present, future
(b) future, present
(c) poor, rich
(d) common, enlightened
4. What kind of disease can cause the brain to diminish in size before death?
5. Flaws in the experimental design, according to Gould, do not lead to _________ in the numbers.
(b) the right sums
(d) proper graphs
Short Answer Questions
1. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
2. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
3. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
4. Louis from #55 believed that there were different centers of _________.
5. In America, the theory of polygeny was supported by Louis __________.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)