|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
(a) Society will become revolutionary.
(b) Society will stop changing.
(c) Society will remain stable.
(d) Society will become enlightened.
2. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Cultural influences
(b) Errors in correlation
(c) Faulty logic
(d) Bad data systems
3. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
4. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
5. Gould says the claims of inferiority are limited to ____________ even thought race, sex, and social class are tied together.
(a) one study
(b) one scientist
(c) one group
(d) one setting
Short Answer Questions
1. People with ______ had smaller brain sizes than those who were suddenly killed in accidents.
2. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
3. What did Gould see Broca had formed before he ever started his research?
4. Flaws in the experimental design, according to Gould, do not lead to _________ in the numbers.
5. Louis from #55 believed that there were different centers of _________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)