|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Broca's numbers were based on his ______________, according to Gould.
2. What did Galton measure in order to ascertain the intelligence of people?
(a) Their skull
(b) Their wrist
(c) The space between their eyes
(d) Their leg length
3. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(b) scientific researchers
(d) data sets
4. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
(a) Red liners
(b) Racial ranking experts
(c) Hard liners
(d) Soft liners
5. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to #55 was known as a _________ because he looked for small differences between species.
2. Which was the top-ranked race in practitioners of racial ranking?
3. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
4. It was thought that black brains could not ____________ or absorb information.
5. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)