|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
(a) scientists in general
(b) racial ranking
(c) medical findings
(d) scientific errors
2. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
3. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
4. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
5. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
Short Answer Questions
1. People with ______ had smaller brain sizes than those who were suddenly killed in accidents.
2. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
3. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
4. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
5. Broca also thought that ________ should be denied the benefits of education due to smaller brains.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)