|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was the second-ranked race for the practitioners of racial ranking?
2. Gould says the manner in which ___________ are formulated is also problematic to studies.
(b) scientific questions
(c) data sets
(d) study conditions
3. Gould says the claims of inferiority are limited to ____________ even thought race, sex, and social class are tied together.
(a) one scientist
(b) one group
(c) one setting
(d) one study
4. What kind of disease can cause the brain to diminish in size before death?
5. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Faulty logic
(b) Errors in correlation
(c) Bad data systems
(d) Cultural influences
Short Answer Questions
1. Who considered that other factors like general health and body size might also affect brain size?
2. Blumenbach believed differences in races might be linked to __________.
3. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
4. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
5. Who is the author of "An American Dilemma?"
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)