|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
(a) scientists in general
(b) medical findings
(c) scientific errors
(d) racial ranking
2. The answer to #48 also tried to show the entities with a higher ranking had to repeat the _________ of those with lower ranking.
(c) growth stages
3. Bean compared the _______ of blacks and whites to prove his view of the inferiority of blacks.
(d) arm lengths
4. Craniometry is used for the _______ status of the people ranked at the bottom of the hierarchy.
5. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
Short Answer Questions
1. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
2. Bean felt that the ______, or front part of the brain, was smaller in women than in men.
3. Louis Pierre Gratiolet wanted to prove that __________ brains were bigger than __________ brains.
4. Flaws in the experimental design, according to Gould, do not lead to _________ in the numbers.
5. Paul Broca was a professor of surgery in what city?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)