|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
2. Who considered that other factors like general health and body size might also affect brain size?
3. Broca also thought that ________ should be denied the benefits of education due to smaller brains.
(a) elderly people
4. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
5. Bean compared the _______ of blacks and whites to prove his view of the inferiority of blacks.
(c) arm lengths
Short Answer Questions
1. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
2. In America, the theory of polygeny was supported by Louis __________.
3. Gould says the claims of inferiority are limited to ____________ even thought race, sex, and social class are tied together.
4. Which was the second-ranked race for the practitioners of racial ranking?
5. What kind of disease can cause the brain to diminish in size before death?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)