|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Experts claimed it was no good to __________ blacks.
(c) listen to
2. Socrates says that class is ____________.
3. Louis Pierre Gratiolet wanted to prove that __________ brains were bigger than __________ brains.
(a) German, French
(b) American, French
(c) German, American
(d) French, German
4. What means there is some sort of ordering that is used in assigning individuals to their relevant spot?
(a) Scientific study
(b) Theoretic discourse
5. What did Galton measure in order to ascertain the intelligence of people?
(a) Their leg length
(b) Their skull
(c) The space between their eyes
(d) Their wrist
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
2. What kind of disease can cause the brain to diminish in size before death?
3. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
4. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
5. Flaws in the experimental design, according to Gould, do not lead to _________ in the numbers.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)