|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(b) data sets
(c) scientific researchers
2. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Cultural influences
(b) Errors in correlation
(c) Bad data systems
(d) Faulty logic
3. Bean felt that the ______, or front part of the brain, was smaller in women than in men.
(c) frontal lobe
(d) corpus callosum
4. Which race was ranked last in the eyes of the practitioners of racial ranking?
5. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Broca's numbers were based on his ______________, according to Gould.
2. On what did Bean gather information?
3. Who considered that other factors like general health and body size might also affect brain size?
4. Where was Robert Bennett Bean a physician?
5. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)