|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Francis Galton's book published in 1869?
(a) Hereditary and Race
(b) Hereditary Explorations
(c) Hereditary Genius
(d) Hereditary Genus
2. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
3. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
4. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
5. Who believes blacks are inferior but that intelligence should not be tied to the right for freedom?
(a) Racial ranking staff
(b) Soft liners
(c) Hard liners
(d) Red liners
Short Answer Questions
1. Which view was based on the idea that inferior races can not be linked to the whites because they started from a separate group of DNA and people?
2. Black anatomical structure was often compared to that of a __________.
3. Gould also wants to look for problems in the ___________ data.
4. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
5. Craniometry is used for the _______ status of the people ranked at the bottom of the hierarchy.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)