|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most famous work of the man in #59?
(a) Crania Astounda
(b) Crania Inca
(c) Crania Americana
2. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
(a) scientists in general
(b) medical findings
(c) racial ranking
(d) scientific errors
3. What did Galton measure in order to ascertain the intelligence of people?
(a) Their skull
(b) The space between their eyes
(c) Their leg length
(d) Their wrist
4. Which view was based on the idea that inferior races can not be linked to the whites because they started from a separate group of DNA and people?
(c) Racial ranking
5. Where was Robert Bennett Bean a physician?
Short Answer Questions
1. Within what century did science become fascinated with numbers?
2. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
3. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
4. Craniometry is used for the _______ status of the people ranked at the bottom of the hierarchy.
5. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)