|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
2. In America, the theory of polygeny was supported by Louis __________.
3. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
4. The answer to #48 also said that adult blacks were like _______________.
(a) black children
(c) white adolescents
(d) white children
5. "We now encounter the second ____________ - ranking..."
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
2. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
3. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
4. Blumenbach believed differences in races might be linked to __________.
5. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)