|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
2. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
3. The answer to #48 also tried to show the entities with a higher ranking had to repeat the _________ of those with lower ranking.
(b) growth stages
4. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
5. Gould says the manner in which ___________ are formulated is also problematic to studies.
(a) study conditions
(b) data sets
(d) scientific questions
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
2. David Hume was a believer in the superiority of the _______ and polygeny.
3. The main question becomes, can ________ change the status of the inferior group?
4. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
5. Black anatomical structure was often compared to that of a __________.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)