|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
2. It is logical to assume that mentality and ____________ are located in the brain.
3. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
(a) racial ranking
(b) scientists in general
(c) scientific errors
(d) medical findings
4. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
5. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In America, the theory of polygeny was supported by Louis __________.
2. Louis from #55 believed that there were different centers of _________.
3. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
4. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
5. Which view was based on the idea that inferior races can not be linked to the whites because they started from a separate group of DNA and people?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)