|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was the second-ranked race for the practitioners of racial ranking?
2. Who were like white adolescents?
(a) Adult blacks
(b) White children
(c) Adult Mongolians
(d) Black children
3. The main question becomes, can ________ change the status of the inferior group?
4. Who believes blacks are inferior but that intelligence should not be tied to the right for freedom?
(a) Racial ranking staff
(b) Red liners
(c) Soft liners
(d) Hard liners
5. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
2. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
3. The answer to #48 also said that adult blacks were like _______________.
4. "We now encounter the second ____________ - ranking..."
5. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)