|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David Hume was a believer in the superiority of the _______ and polygeny.
(a) white race
(b) white female
(c) black race
(d) white child
2. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
(a) medical findings
(b) scientific errors
(c) racial ranking
(d) scientists in general
3. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
4. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
(a) Society will remain stable.
(b) Society will become revolutionary.
(c) Society will become enlightened.
(d) Society will stop changing.
5. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould also wants to look for problems in the ___________ data.
2. Did a desire for ______ lead to the questions and data to support a predetermined conclusion?
3. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
4. In America, the theory of polygeny was supported by Louis __________.
5. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)