|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
2. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
3. When did craniometry first appear in the study of intelligence?
(a) Early 19th century
(b) Early 18th century
(c) Late 19th century
(d) Last 18th century
4. Who was the data analyst for the answer to #55?
(a) No one
5. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was the second-ranked race for the practitioners of racial ranking?
2. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
3. Black anatomical structure was often compared to that of a __________.
4. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
5. Craniometry is used for the _______ status of the people ranked at the bottom of the hierarchy.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)