|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the skull collector that had more than one thousand different skulls?
(b) Samuel Morton
(c) Stephen Gould
(d) Benjamin Franklin
2. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
(a) biological evolution
(b) biological destiny
(c) biological determinism
(d) biological transfiguration
3. Black anatomical structure was often compared to that of a __________.
4. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
5. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
2. Who were like white adolescents?
3. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
4. What means there is some sort of ordering that is used in assigning individuals to their relevant spot?
5. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)