|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
2. Which race was ranked last in the eyes of the practitioners of racial ranking?
3. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
4. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
5. Who was the data analyst for the answer to #55?
(c) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Black anatomical structure was often compared to that of a __________.
2. The answer to #48 also tried to show the entities with a higher ranking had to repeat the _________ of those with lower ranking.
3. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
4. "We now encounter the second ____________ - ranking..."
5. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)