|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is logical to assume that mentality and ____________ are located in the brain.
2. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
3. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
4. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
5. David Hume was a believer in the superiority of the _______ and polygeny.
(a) white race
(b) white female
(c) white child
(d) black race
Short Answer Questions
1. What means there is some sort of ordering that is used in assigning individuals to their relevant spot?
2. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
3. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
4. Who believes blacks are inferior but that intelligence should not be tied to the right for freedom?
5. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)