|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
2. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
3. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
(a) biological evolution
(b) biological transfiguration
(c) biological determinism
(d) biological destiny
4. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
5. In America, the theory of polygeny was supported by Louis __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What means there is some sort of ordering that is used in assigning individuals to their relevant spot?
2. The answer to #48 also said that adult blacks were like _______________.
3. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
4. David Hume was a believer in the superiority of the _______ and polygeny.
5. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)