|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were like white adolescents?
(a) White children
(b) Adult blacks
(c) Black children
(d) Adult Mongolians
2. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
(a) poor, rich
(b) present, future
(c) common, enlightened
(d) future, present
3. The answer to #55 was known as a _________ because he looked for small differences between species.
(b) species expert
(c) microcosm expert
4. Who believes blacks are inferior but that intelligence should not be tied to the right for freedom?
(a) Hard liners
(b) Red liners
(c) Soft liners
(d) Racial ranking staff
5. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What means there is some sort of ordering that is used in assigning individuals to their relevant spot?
2. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
3. Gould wants to know if science added the ___________ data, or......
4. The answer to #48 also tried to show the entities with a higher ranking had to repeat the _________ of those with lower ranking.
5. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)