|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
(a) Society will become enlightened.
(b) Society will become revolutionary.
(c) Society will remain stable.
(d) Society will stop changing.
2. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
3. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
4. Louis from #55 believed that there were different centers of _________.
5. In America, the theory of polygeny was supported by Louis __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
2. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
3. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
4. Who is the author of "An American Dilemma?"
5. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)