|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
2. Who is the author of "An American Dilemma?"
(b) Benjamin Franklin
(c) Stephen Gould
(d) Gunnar Myrdal
3. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
(a) Society will become enlightened.
(b) Society will remain stable.
(c) Society will become revolutionary.
(d) Society will stop changing.
4. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
(b) Cranial-sacral therapy
5. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
(b) out of date
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
2. It is logical to assume that mentality and ____________ are located in the brain.
3. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
4. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
5. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)