|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "An American Dilemma?"
(b) Gunnar Myrdal
(c) Benjamin Franklin
(d) Stephen Gould
2. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
3. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
4. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
5. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
(a) present, future
(b) future, present
(c) common, enlightened
(d) poor, rich
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
2. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
3. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
4. Gould also wants to look for problems in the ___________ data.
5. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)