|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
2. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
3. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
4. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
5. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
Short Answer Questions
1. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
2. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
3. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
4. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
5. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)