|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
2. It is logical to assume that mentality and ____________ are located in the brain.
3. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
(a) present, future
(b) common, enlightened
(c) future, present
(d) poor, rich
4. Who is the author of "An American Dilemma?"
(a) Gunnar Myrdal
(b) Benjamin Franklin
(d) Stephen Gould
5. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(a) data sets
(c) scientific researchers
Short Answer Questions
1. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
2. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
3. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
4. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
5. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)