|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
2. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
3. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Bad data systems
(b) Faulty logic
(c) Cultural influences
(d) Errors in correlation
4. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
(a) Society will stop changing.
(b) Society will become enlightened.
(c) Society will remain stable.
(d) Society will become revolutionary.
5. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is logical to assume that mentality and ____________ are located in the brain.
2. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
3. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
4. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
5. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)