|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
2. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
3. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
4. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
(a) Society will remain stable.
(b) Society will become enlightened.
(c) Society will stop changing.
(d) Society will become revolutionary.
5. Gould says the manner in which ___________ are formulated is also problematic to studies.
(a) scientific questions
(c) study conditions
(d) data sets
Short Answer Questions
1. It is logical to assume that mentality and ____________ are located in the brain.
2. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
3. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
4. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
5. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)