|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
(a) Society will remain stable.
(b) Society will become enlightened.
(c) Society will become revolutionary.
(d) Society will stop changing.
2. What means there is some sort of ordering that is used in assigning individuals to their relevant spot?
(a) Theoretic discourse
(b) Scientific study
3. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
(b) out of date
4. Socrates says that class is ____________.
5. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
2. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
3. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
4. "We now encounter the second ____________ - ranking..."
5. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)