|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
(c) Cranial-sacral therapy
2. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
(a) biological determinism
(b) biological transfiguration
(c) biological destiny
(d) biological evolution
3. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
4. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
5. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
2. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
3. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
4. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
5. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)