|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
2. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
3. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
4. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
5. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Bad data systems
(b) Cultural influences
(c) Faulty logic
(d) Errors in correlation
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
2. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
3. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
4. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
5. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)