|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Errors in correlation
(b) Faulty logic
(c) Bad data systems
(d) Cultural influences
2. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
3. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
4. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
5. "We now encounter the second ____________ - ranking..."
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
2. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
3. What means there is some sort of ordering that is used in assigning individuals to their relevant spot?
4. Gould says the manner in which ___________ are formulated is also problematic to studies.
5. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)