|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Error of Cyril Burt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a factor analysis graph, the two vectors lie ___________.
(a) close to each other
(b) One on top of the other
(c) away from each other
(d) on opposite sides of the graph
2. The German psychologist W. Stern argued that mental age should be ____________ by chronological age.
(a) added to
3. Who was the skull collector that had more than one thousand different skulls?
(a) Samuel Morton
(c) Stephen Gould
(d) Benjamin Franklin
4. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Errors in correlation
(b) Cultural influences
(c) Bad data systems
(d) Faulty logic
5. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Blumenbach believed differences in races might be linked to __________.
2. Which view was based on the story of Adam and Eve?
3. Binet also noticed differences between the figures collected by himself and by his student, ___________.
4. Which was the second-ranked race for the practitioners of racial ranking?
5. Who did Goddard classify was having a mental age below 3?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)