|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Error of Cyril Burt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Bad data systems
(b) Faulty logic
(c) Cultural influences
(d) Errors in correlation
2. The German psychologist W. Stern argued that mental age should be ____________ by chronological age.
(a) added to
3. "Mental testing becomes a theory for enhancing ___________ through proper education."
4. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
5. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(a) scientific researchers
(b) data sets
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Francis Galton's cousin?
2. The main question becomes, can ________ change the status of the inferior group?
3. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
4. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
5. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)