|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Error of Cyril Burt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rules did Binet come up with in order to decrease the likelihood of his test being misused?
2. Broca's numbers were based on his ______________, according to Gould.
3. What technique did Burt say he developed, although it was really Charles Spearman who created this technique?
(a) Factor analysis
(b) Statistical analysis
(c) Factor counting
(d) Algebraic formulation
4. Louis Pierre Gratiolet wanted to prove that __________ brains were bigger than __________ brains.
(a) French, German
(b) German, French
(c) German, American
(d) American, French
5. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
Short Answer Questions
1. The field of ________ sciences was redefined during the 19th century.
2. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
3. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
4. Which was the second-ranked race for the practitioners of racial ranking?
5. Did a desire for ______ lead to the questions and data to support a predetermined conclusion?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)