|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(b) data sets
(d) scientific researchers
2. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
3. The answer to #48 also tried to show the entities with a higher ranking had to repeat the _________ of those with lower ranking.
(c) growth stages
4. Who believes blacks are inferior but that intelligence should not be tied to the right for freedom?
(a) Soft liners
(b) Red liners
(c) Racial ranking staff
(d) Hard liners
5. Black anatomical structure was often compared to that of a __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
2. The answer to #55 was known as a _________ because he looked for small differences between species.
3. Which was the top-ranked race in practitioners of racial ranking?
4. When did craniometry first appear in the study of intelligence?
5. Who was the data analyst for the answer to #55?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)