|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
2. Which was the second-ranked race for the practitioners of racial ranking?
3. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Cultural influences
(b) Bad data systems
(c) Faulty logic
(d) Errors in correlation
4. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
(a) poor, rich
(b) future, present
(c) common, enlightened
(d) present, future
5. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
(a) Society will become enlightened.
(b) Society will stop changing.
(c) Society will remain stable.
(d) Society will become revolutionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black anatomical structure was often compared to that of a __________.
2. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
3. The answer to #48 also tried to show the entities with a higher ranking had to repeat the _________ of those with lower ranking.
4. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
5. What means there is some sort of ordering that is used in assigning individuals to their relevant spot?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)