|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Bad data systems
(b) Faulty logic
(c) Errors in correlation
(d) Cultural influences
2. What was the most famous work of the man in #59?
(a) Crania Astounda
(b) Crania Inca
(d) Crania Americana
3. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(c) scientific researchers
(d) data sets
4. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
5. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
Short Answer Questions
1. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
2. Which was the second-ranked race for the practitioners of racial ranking?
3. When did craniometry first appear in the study of intelligence?
4. Who believes blacks are inferior but that intelligence should not be tied to the right for freedom?
5. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)