|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Bad data systems
(b) Cultural influences
(c) Faulty logic
(d) Errors in correlation
2. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
3. Who is the author of "An American Dilemma?"
(a) Benjamin Franklin
(c) Stephen Gould
(d) Gunnar Myrdal
4. Who were like white adolescents?
(a) Adult Mongolians
(b) White children
(c) Adult blacks
(d) Black children
5. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
(a) Society will remain stable.
(b) Society will become revolutionary.
(c) Society will become enlightened.
(d) Society will stop changing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould says the manner in which ___________ are formulated is also problematic to studies.
2. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
3. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
4. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
5. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)