|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
2. Who is the author of "An American Dilemma?"
(a) Gunnar Myrdal
(c) Benjamin Franklin
(d) Stephen Gould
3. Which was the top-ranked race in practitioners of racial ranking?
4. Craniometry is used for the _______ status of the people ranked at the bottom of the hierarchy.
5. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
2. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
3. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
4. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
5. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)