|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did a desire for ______ lead to the questions and data to support a predetermined conclusion?
2. Who is the author of "An American Dilemma?"
(a) Gunnar Myrdal
(c) Benjamin Franklin
(d) Stephen Gould
3. David Hume was a believer in the superiority of the _______ and polygeny.
(a) black race
(b) white female
(c) white race
(d) white child
4. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
5. Who was the data analyst for the answer to #55?
(c) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. "We now encounter the second ____________ - ranking..."
2. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
3. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
4. Hume believed there was never a __________ nation that wasn't made of white men.
5. The main question becomes, can ________ change the status of the inferior group?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)