|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
2. According to Gould, science must be viewed in its ________ context since culture and environment also influence facts and theories.
3. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
4. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
5. When did craniometry first appear in the study of intelligence?
(a) Early 19th century
(b) Early 18th century
(c) Late 19th century
(d) Last 18th century
Short Answer Questions
1. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
2. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
3. Which view was based on the idea that inferior races can not be linked to the whites because they started from a separate group of DNA and people?
4. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
5. Which view was based on the story of Adam and Eve?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)