|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
(b) out of date
2. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
(a) future, present
(b) poor, rich
(c) present, future
(d) common, enlightened
3. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
4. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
5. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(a) data sets
(c) scientific researchers
Short Answer Questions
1. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
2. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
3. Which view was based on the story of Adam and Eve?
4. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
5. Socrates says that class is ____________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)