|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
(a) Soft liners
(b) Racial ranking experts
(c) Hard liners
(d) Red liners
2. Blumenbach believed differences in races might be linked to __________.
(a) water supply
3. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
4. Who was the skull collector that had more than one thousand different skulls?
(a) Samuel Morton
(b) Stephen Gould
(c) Benjamin Franklin
5. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
Short Answer Questions
1. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
2. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
3. Which was the top-ranked race in practitioners of racial ranking?
4. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
5. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)