|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
(c) out of date
2. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
(a) Soft liners
(b) Racial ranking experts
(c) Hard liners
(d) Red liners
3. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
(a) poor, rich
(b) future, present
(c) present, future
(d) common, enlightened
4. Craniometry is used for the _______ status of the people ranked at the bottom of the hierarchy.
5. Gould says the manner in which ___________ are formulated is also problematic to studies.
(a) scientific questions
(c) data sets
(d) study conditions
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to #48 also said that adult blacks were like _______________.
2. Which view was based on the story of Adam and Eve?
3. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
4. Which view was based on the idea that inferior races can not be linked to the whites because they started from a separate group of DNA and people?
5. Gould also wants to look for problems in the ___________ data.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)