|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
(a) scientists in general
(b) scientific errors
(c) racial ranking
(d) medical findings
2. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
3. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
4. Gould wants to know if science added the ___________ data, or......
5. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
Short Answer Questions
1. Which race was ranked last in the eyes of the practitioners of racial ranking?
2. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
3. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
4. Gould does not view the studies he will cover as _______ scientific practices.
5. Which view was based on the idea that inferior races can not be linked to the whites because they started from a separate group of DNA and people?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)