|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Polygeny and Craniometry before Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
2. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
3. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
4. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
(a) biological evolution
(b) biological transfiguration
(c) biological destiny
(d) biological determinism
5. Which was the second-ranked race for the practitioners of racial ranking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould also wants to look for problems in the ___________ data.
2. The answer to #48 also tried to show the entities with a higher ranking had to repeat the _________ of those with lower ranking.
3. What was the most famous work of the man in #59?
4. Black anatomical structure was often compared to that of a __________.
5. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)