|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Bodies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "[T]he child represents a ____________ adult ancestor."
2. Which race was ranked last in the eyes of the practitioners of racial ranking?
3. What did Gould see Broca had formed before he ever started his research?
4. Who was Francis Galton's cousin?
(a) Benjamin Franklin
(b) Charles Darwin
(c) Stephen Gould
(d) Paul Broca
5. Who considered that other factors like general health and body size might also affect brain size?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lombroso's theory known as?
2. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
3. Gould also wants to look for problems in the ___________ data.
4. Socrates' friend does not believe his ideas, saying that it is a lie and that ________ generations won't believe it, but ________ generations might.
5. Bean felt that the ______, or front part of the brain, was smaller in women than in men.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)