|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Bodies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was the second-ranked race for the practitioners of racial ranking?
2. What was Francis Galton's book published in 1869?
(a) Hereditary Explorations
(b) Hereditary Genius
(c) Hereditary Genus
(d) Hereditary and Race
3. Franklin P. Mall __________ and __________ Bean's work.
(a) understood, appreciated
(b) repeated, refuted
(c) repeated, agreed with
(d) idolized, copied
4. What other kind of testing, besides head measurement, can begin to measure the intelligence of a person?
5. What was Lombroso's theory known as?
Short Answer Questions
1. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
2. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
3. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
4. Gould thought that Eysenck's arguments were the result of __________ correlations.
5. Havelock Ellis was a scientist who claimed the superiority of __________ during this period.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)