|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Bodies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the skull collector that had more than one thousand different skulls?
(a) Samuel Morton
(b) Stephen Gould
(d) Benjamin Franklin
2. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
3. David Hume was a believer in the superiority of the _______ and polygeny.
(a) black race
(b) white female
(c) white race
(d) white child
4. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
(a) Society will become enlightened.
(b) Society will remain stable.
(c) Society will stop changing.
(d) Society will become revolutionary.
5. Experts claimed it was no good to __________ blacks.
(d) listen to
Short Answer Questions
1. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
2. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
3. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
4. What big theory was just becoming popular in the nineteenth century?
5. Bean compared the _______ of blacks and whites to prove his view of the inferiority of blacks.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)