|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Bodies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
2. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
3. It was thought that black brains could not ____________ or absorb information.
4. Who is the author of "An American Dilemma?"
(a) Benjamin Franklin
(c) Gunnar Myrdal
(d) Stephen Gould
5. Experts claimed it was no good to __________ blacks.
(a) listen to
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould wants to know if science added the ___________ data, or......
2. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
3. Within what century did science become fascinated with numbers?
4. According to Lombroso, the genes of the past are contained in the hereditary of the individual and the ___________ surfaces at times.
5. Hume believed there was never a __________ nation that wasn't made of white men.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)