|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Bodies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul Broca was a professor of surgery in what city?
(d) New York
2. Gould does not believe that ____________ change reflects changes in social concepts.
3. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
4. Eysenck noticed that the average ________ of whites exceeds that of blacks.
(c) eye color
(d) hair length
5. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
(a) Cultural influences
(b) Bad data systems
(c) Errors in correlation
(d) Faulty logic
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
2. Cesare Lombroso thought that ____________ behavior is hereditary.
3. One of the perceived problems of Lombroso's theory was the need to call _________ criminals.
4. "We now encounter the second ____________ - ranking..."
5. Bolk felt what race was not only the most progressive, but also the most retarded?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)