|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Bodies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The craniometry argument is the first __________ argument that has been offered.
2. Which race was ranked last in the eyes of the practitioners of racial ranking?
3. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(a) data sets
(b) scientific researchers
4. Where was Robert Bennett Bean a physician?
5. Louis Pierre Gratiolet wanted to prove that __________ brains were bigger than __________ brains.
(a) German, French
(b) American, French
(c) French, German
(d) German, American
Short Answer Questions
1. What big theory was just becoming popular in the nineteenth century?
2. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
3. Who were like white adolescents?
4. Who was a 19th century anatomist who believed in the theory of polygenism?
5. The field of ________ sciences was redefined during the 19th century.
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)