|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Bodies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
2. Bean compared the _______ of blacks and whites to prove his view of the inferiority of blacks.
(d) arm lengths
3. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
4. "An anatomical theory for ranking __________ - based on entire bodies, not only on heads, - had been found."
5. "The __________ of inferior groups must be like __________ of superior groups..."
(a) children, children
(b) adults, adults
(c) adults, children
(d) children, adults
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
2. Blumenbach believed differences in races might be linked to __________.
3. What did Gould see Broca had formed before he ever started his research?
4. E.D. Cope based his theory in #92 on the idea that the ____________ brought on earlier maturation.
5. What big theory was just becoming popular in the nineteenth century?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)