|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Error of Cyril Burt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Members of the inferior group were always compared with ________ children.
2. When Burt's sample increased, his correlation between pairs for IQ _________.
(a) remained unchanged
(b) was scattered on the graphs
3. Burt seemed to have increased his sample of patients from fewer then 20 to more than ________ in a number of publications. This irregularity began the undoing of his work's findings.
4. Eysenck thought that those with ______ rapidly developing skills (as mentioned in #100) also had lower IQ scores.
5. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
(a) Red liners
(b) Hard liners
(c) Soft liners
(d) Racial ranking experts
Short Answer Questions
1. It was discovered that there was no general _________ of intelligence as Spearman once thought.
2. The principal components approach allowed Burt to identify _________ factors.
3. Burt's papers and data were ____________, which seems to be when his falsifications began.
4. Which view was based on the story of Adam and Eve?
5. What big theory was just becoming popular in the nineteenth century?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)