1. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
2. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
3. What is the one category to which Socrates does NOT say people belong?
4. Socrates says that class is ____________.
5. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
6. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
(a) biological determinism
(b) biological evolution
(c) biological destiny
(d) biological transfiguration
7. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
(c) Cranial-sacral therapy
8. Who is the author of "An American Dilemma?"
(a) Benjamin Franklin
(c) Gunnar Myrdal
(d) Stephen Gould
This section contains 3,236 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)