|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howie compares CVS to a _________.
2. Howie compares the grooves on the escalator steps to those one __________.
3. What does Howie do with the last ten minutes of his lunch break?
4. How many times a day does Howie typically use the escalator?
5. Howie compares his urination to a ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Howie demonstrate that he enjoys thinking about finances?
2. Howie does Howie think his corporation flaunts their status?
3. What causes Howie to consider the intentions of the inventors of the escalator?
4. What are some of the differences Howie notices between corporate bathrooms and home bathrooms?
5. What does Howie notice about tunes whistled in the men's room?
6. What does Howie consider to be the dishonesty of the World Dryer Corporation?
7. What does Howie consider to be the quintessential question about lunch hours?
8. What observations does Howie make about his Revere saucepan?
9. What observations does Howie make about vending machines?
10. What realization about his broken shoelace does Howie come to while washing his face in the men's bathroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Howie a purveyor of truths that are too often ignored? Or is he a self-centered young man who spends too much time wrapped up in his own thoughts? Does Howie have redeeming characteristics.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the very brief last chapter of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Howie and Marcus Aurelius. What is the significance of Howie's fascination with Aurelius?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)