|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Howie hope the new shoelaces were made of?
2. Which of these things does Howie NOT purchase on his way back from CVS?
(a) Hot dog.
3. How many trees does Howie notice in the plaza?
4. What kind of classics does Howie like to read?
5. What record does Howie describe listening to and cleaning with his family?
(b) Fiddler on the Roof.
(c) My Fair Lady.
(d) The Sound of Music.
6. How many times has Howie been in the situation of being too nervous to urinate in the men's room?
7. What is the name of the book Howie reads during his lunch break?
(a) Marcus Aurelius' Meditations.
(b) History of European Morals.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Anthology of Poetry.
8. Howie compares the products at CVS to the products at what other store?
(a) Radio Shack.
(d) Crate and Barrel.
9. What does Howie discuss in his last footnote in Chapter 13?
(a) Dust bunnies.
(b) Cash registers.
(d) Coin rolls.
10. What word is Howie staring at as he stands at the urinal?
11. Which vending machine does Howie use the most?
(d) Ice cream sandwich.
12. Howie compares the sunlight landing on parts of the office lobby to __________.
(a) Toaster coils heating.
(b) Moonlight on water.
(c) Glow of a campfire.
(d) Flickering candlight.
13. Howie compares the grooves on the escalator steps to those one __________.
(c) Train tracks.
14. Where is there a major difference between home and corporate bathroom?
(a) Soap dispensers.
(b) Stall doors.
15. Unlike other stores, Howie considers CVS to deal in _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howie says eyebrows rise reflexively when people do what?
2. Howie compares CVS to a _________.
3. What invention does Howie praise lavishly while visiting the corporate bathroom?
4. The vending machine thoughts include a footnote about _______.
5. The sun hitting the escalator reminds Howie of what in his apartment?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)