|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of classics does Howie like to read?
2. What does Abe start whistling as he leaves the men's bathroom?
(a) "I Knew an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly."
(b) "Oh, Susannah."
(c) "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy."
3. How many times has Howie been in the situation of being too nervous to urinate in the men's room?
4. What would Howie steal from parent's closet when he was little?
(b) Sanitary napkins.
(c) High heels.
5. Howie tells a story in Chapter 10 about interrupting a conversation by doing what?
(a) Passing gas.
(c) Brushing his teeth.
(d) Urinating loudly.
6. What image does Howie conjure to help him urinate under stress?
(a) Rushing rivers.
(b) Water falls.
(c) Going on someone's head.
7. How many times a day does Howie typically use the escalator?
8. How much did Howie pay for popcorn?
9. What invention does Howie praise lavishly while visiting the corporate bathroom?
(b) Double doors.
(c) Toilet paper perforations.
(d) Hand dryers.
10. What product in the CVS does Howie consider to reflect different social cultures?
11. Who gets the get-well poster for Ray at work?
12. Howie compares vending machines to _______.
(a) Office buildings.
(d) Freight elevators.
13. The vending machine thoughts include a footnote about _______.
14. What sound does Chapter 10 begin with?
(b) Flush of a urinal.
(d) Hot air hand dryer.
15. The sun hitting the escalator reminds Howie of what in his apartment?
(a) Dust bunnies.
(b) Stained glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. The corporate bathroom is the one place a _____ can feel important.
2. Howie desires to gain a encyclopedic knowledge of the relationship between _______.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 12, Howie says he is standing in a _______ pose on the escalator.
4. Howie says eyebrows rise reflexively when people do what?
5. What vending machine did Howie mourn the loss of?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)