|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Howie hope the new shoelaces were made of?
2. What does Howie think would be a fun job?
(a) Riding trains.
(c) Mail man.
(d) Cleaning escalators.
3. What is the name of the publishing house of the book Howie reads on his lunch break?
(a) Random House.
(b) Simon and Schuster.
4. What term does Howie give for the reoccurring of thoughts?
5. What kind of classics does Howie like to read?
6. Who does Howie lose the escalator game to once?
(a) Andy Nunn.
(b) Abe Ruiz.
(c) Bill Stern.
(d) Bob Leary.
7. What process does Howie describe in great detail in a Chapter 12 footnote?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Combing hair.
(c) Boiling water.
(d) Threading a needle.
8. How much money does Howie consider putting towards his Visa bill?
9. What does Howie watch as he eats popcorn and walks to CVS?
(b) Construction workers.
(d) New cars.
10. Howie sees the design flaw in escalators as the steps being ______.
(a) Too short.
(b) Too fast.
(c) Too tall.
(d) Too wide.
11. What color is the soap in the corporate bathroom?
12. What job does Howie speculate that he will not be able to stand?
(a) Cleaning escalators.
(b) Mail man.
(d) Checking passports.
13. Howie considers ___________ might buy classic paperbacks like him.
(a) Old people.
(b) Serial killers.
(d) Cab drivers.
14. What does Howie do with the last ten minutes of his lunch break?
(a) Chat with friends.
(b) Sun bathe.
(c) Replace shoelaces.
15. Howie says eyebrows rise reflexively when people do what?
(c) Bring an object to toward their face.
(d) Tell a lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abe joke his shoelaces are made from?
2. What does Howie imagine exploding in space in Chapter 12?
3. How many hand towels does Howie use to wash his face in the men's room?
4. What vending machine did Howie mourn the loss of?
5. What does Howie consider to be an honor to use in the corporate bathroom?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)