|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howie use the cardboard from his dry cleaned shirts for?
(b) Tie holder.
(d) Object retriever.
2. How does Howie's co-worker Ray hurt his back?
(b) Cleaning the escalator.
(c) Moving a vending machine.
(d) Moving a pool.
3. What piece of office equipment does Howie feel has lagged behind other innovations by ten years?
(c) Hole punchers.
4. What time of day is it when Howie was driving behind the garbage truck?
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
5. What does Howie describe in great detail at the beginning of Chapter 2?
6. What would Howie eat to get rid of bad breath?
7. What adult technique did Howie refine as a child?
(a) Tying shoes.
(b) Avoiding work.
(c) Giving compliments.
(d) Telling time.
8. How old is Howie when he came to a realization when driving behind the garbage truck?
9. What kind of background does Howie think makes anything look good?
(a) Blue silk.
(b) Black velvet.
(c) White cloth.
(d) Red satin.
10. Howie considers 1971 to be the end of ___________.
(a) House calls.
(d) Milk delivery.
11. Howie thinks ______ signals to the world that he has a rich, busy life.
12. When Howie moves into an apartment he discovers the therapeutic properties of what?
13. Howie connected learning how to tie shoes with a couplet by _____.
14. What would Howie's mother bring home wrapped in paper?
15. What does Howie describe in the first footnote in Chapter 2?
(a) His method of using bags.
(b) His method of pulling on socks.
(c) His method of using straws.
(d) His method of riding escalators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Howie taken to be repaired by blind people for L?
2. Howie only likes to use straws for _________.
3. What did Howie see for the first time as a child in his best friend's refrigerator?
4. How many shirts does Howie own when he first started working at the mezzanine?
5. What color is the garbage truck Howie was driving behind?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)