|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which amendment was created to give black people more rights and to protect them after the Civil War?
2. The school was run based on the operating philosophies of ________ schools, including 'pure learning' and 'academic freedom'.
3. Dewey believed in the integration of race to create unforeseeable ___________ for all races.
4. University presidents or ____________ did not accept the formation of the American Association of University Professors.
(b) Board of trustees.
5. This new organization was sold to ___________ stating that it protected university and college professors from being terminated for differing thoughts.
(a) The Peace Corps.
(b) The public.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cattell was fired from his job for _____________ another professor on his own personal time.
2. Eventually G. Stanley Hall was able to talk his employer into sending him to _______ to study more.
3. Hall gave lectures to educators concerning an educational system created by _________.
4. Randolph Bourne believed his purpose in life was to find the ____________ in other people's theories and philosophies.
5. _________ lowered employee wages but refused to help them in any way including lowering rent in the buildings he owned.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the idea of pluralism not received well by those who heard about it?
2. Who are the two authors who both worked on a theory of pragmatism, though they were vastly different?
3. What was never the intention of the American Association of University Professors though it ended up being the case anyway?
4. What did Morris allow Dewey to do as he was his star pupil and eventually good friend?
5. What was the theory put forth by Holmes' lecture series, "The Common Law?"
6. When Charles Pierce arrived at the school, what did he announce he was going to revive?
7. Why was the book, "The Process of Government," fairly obscure in the market?
8. What are modern societies led by, according to the studies of Holmes?
9. What did Pierce have to do because of the cancer that ravaged his body in his later years?
10. What did Dewey and Holmes think about the idea of giving freedom to others?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)