|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Pierces, Section 5 | Part 3, Chapter 8 The Law of Errors, Section 1 | Part 3, Chapter 8 The Law of Errors, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ is the theory stating that races originate from separate sources.
2. Holmes was wounded ______ times during the Civil War.
3. Holmes joined the army because he felt that it was his duty to fight for what he believed. What was his first battle?
(a) The Battle of Chancelorsville.
(b) The Battle at Ball's Bluff.
(c) The Battle of Bull Run.
(d) The Battle of Antietam.
4. Henry Sr. viewed _________ as he did everything, with a distrust of institutions.
5. ___________ published many newspaper columns and books through donations or self-publication.
(a) Oliver Wendell Holmes.
(b) Henry James Sr.
(c) Charles Lowell.
(d) William James.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the expedition to Brazil returned, _________ gave lectures about evidence of the Ice Age in Brazil.
2. The Civil War caused the beliefs of previous times to be __________.
3. The war had been compared to _________ and the Union soldiers rallied themselves around it.
4. The Battle of the Wilderness was fought by generals Lee and ________.
5. ___________was a physician from Montgomery, Alabama that did not agree with slavery but was afraid of Black people.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)