|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Pierces, Section 5 | Part 3, Chapter 8 The Law of Errors, Section 1 | Part 3, Chapter 8 The Law of Errors, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry James Sr. rebelled against his father and took up religion in the form of ___________.
(d) Scottish Baptist.
2. Dr. Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr. was a(n) _________.
3. William James concluded from his trip to Brazil that the effects of race and circumstances depend on a person's __________.
4. ___________was a physician from Montgomery, Alabama that did not agree with slavery but was afraid of Black people.
(a) Louis Agassiz.
(b) Josiah Nott.
(c) George Glidden.
(d) William James.
5. What planet's discovery did Benjamin Pierce call 'a happy accident'
Short Answer Questions
1. The war had been compared to _________ and the Union soldiers rallied themselves around it.
2. __________ is the theory stating that races originate from separate sources.
3. The Battle of the Wilderness claimed 60,000 lives and was fought over the span of _________.
4. Holmes was eventually released from his commission and returned home. When he did he entered Harvard to study_________.
5. The method of least squares was used by Charles in his research for the Coast Survey which led to being considered one of the best ____________
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)