|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Pierces, Section 5 | Part 3, Chapter 8 The Law of Errors, Section 1 | Part 3, Chapter 8 The Law of Errors, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ felt that he was at a disadvantage because he had no formal education.
(a) Bob James.
(b) William James.
(c) Wilky James.
(d) Henry James Jr.
2. The Battle of the Wilderness claimed 60,000 lives and was fought over the span of _________.
(a) 20 days.
(b) 40 days.
(c) 60 days.
(d) 30 days.
3. Holmes joined the army because he felt that it was his duty to fight for what he believed. What was his first battle?
(a) The Battle of Antietam.
(b) The Battle of Chancelorsville.
(c) The Battle at Ball's Bluff.
(d) The Battle of Bull Run.
4. What planet's discovery did Benjamin Pierce call 'a happy accident'
5. ___________was a physician from Montgomery, Alabama that did not agree with slavery but was afraid of Black people.
(a) Josiah Nott.
(b) Louis Agassiz.
(c) George Glidden.
(d) William James.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Battle of the Wilderness was fought by generals Lee and ________.
2. ____________ began with a drunken man hallucinating in a tavern. This religion later became affiliated with Mesmerism.
3. _________ was able to integrate polygenism into the South by linking it to Christianity.
4. Henry James Sr. became involved with all of the following religious groups except _________.
5. ___________was a protege of George Cuvier and Alexander von Humboldt.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)