|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 The Man of Two Minds, Section 6 | Part 2, Chapter 5 Agassiz, Section 1 | Part 2, Chapter 5 Agassiz, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr. was a(n) _________.
2. Holmes sat on the Supreme Court for _______ years.
3. The Civil War caused the beliefs of previous times to be __________.
4. Henry James Sr. rebelled against his father and took up religion in the form of ___________.
(c) Scottish Baptist.
5. The war had been compared to _________ and the Union soldiers rallied themselves around it.
(a) The storming of the Bastille.
(b) The Trojan War.
(c) The War of Independence.
(d) The Crusades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though he had no formal education in either, ___________ taught psychology and philosophy at Harvard.
2. Due to Henry James Sr.'s religious beliefs, his wife Mary Walsh had to resign her membership at the _________ church before their marriage.
3. In April of 1864, an article was published in the __________ that made him rethink his exhaustion with the war.
4. The Battle of the Wilderness claimed 60,000 lives and was fought over the span of _________.
5. Holmes' experiences during the war led him to believe that imposing one's beliefs would always lead to __________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)