|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 The Man of Two Minds, Section 6 | Part 2, Chapter 5 Agassiz, Section 1 | Part 2, Chapter 5 Agassiz, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ felt that he was at a disadvantage because he had no formal education.
(a) Henry James Jr.
(b) Wilky James.
(c) Bob James.
(d) William James.
2. 12 years out of school, Holmes wrote an article based on ________, the idea that if one does his job correctly and with honor, one should be fulfilled.
3. Holmes joined the army because he felt that it was his duty to fight for what he believed. What was his first battle?
(a) The Battle of Bull Run.
(b) The Battle of Chancelorsville.
(c) The Battle of Antietam.
(d) The Battle at Ball's Bluff.
4. In the North, people were split between the Abolitionists and the _________.
(b) Pro-slavery faction.
5. ___________was a protege of George Cuvier and Alexander von Humboldt.
(a) Samuel George Morton.
(b) William James.
(c) Henry James Jr.
(d) Louis Agassiz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry James Sr. preached _________ and stated that there was no room for morality.
2. Henry Dana, Charles Sumner and Charles Adams wanted to use the governmental system to stop the spread of slavery. They were _________.
3. Holmes sat on the Supreme Court for _______ years.
4. _________ had more spindles of cotton than all of the eleven states of the South put together.
5. Henry Sr. viewed _________ as he did everything, with a distrust of institutions.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)