|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 The Man of Two Minds, Section 6 | Part 2, Chapter 5 Agassiz, Section 1 | Part 2, Chapter 5 Agassiz, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The war had been compared to _________ and the Union soldiers rallied themselves around it.
(a) The Crusades.
(b) The War of Independence.
(c) The storming of the Bastille.
(d) The Trojan War.
2. Henry James Sr. rebelled against his father and took up religion in the form of ___________.
(b) Scottish Baptist.
3. Henry James Sr. became involved with all of the following religious groups except _________.
(b) Primitive Christians.
(d) Scottish Baptists.
4. ___________ felt that he was at a disadvantage because he had no formal education.
(a) Henry James Jr.
(b) Wilky James.
(c) William James.
(d) Bob James.
5. Louis Agassiz gained fame because of his discovery of _________.
(b) The wooly mammoth.
(c) The dinosaurs.
(d) The Ice Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr. was a(n) _________.
2. After the murder of ________ Emerson's distrust of the South grew as did his affiliation with the abolitionists.
3. The Battle of the Wilderness claimed 60,000 lives and was fought over the span of _________.
4. ___________ published many newspaper columns and books through donations or self-publication.
5. ___________was a protege of George Cuvier and Alexander von Humboldt.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)